(Archive) Advertising District / Busch Gardens: Ports of Adventure

• Dark_Horse%s's Photo
    I don't like the pergola. It looks extremely blocky and thick based on the scale of the buildings. I also agree that the volcano doesn't fit there. Decent idea, poor execution. I think you should add some variation in your rooves. Right now, they are all flat.
  • Disney Imagineer%s's Photo

I think you should do some more to break up your pathing. Put some trees in perhaps?

Yeah, I've thought about doing that. Probably will!

I don't like the pergola. It looks extremely blocky and thick based on the scale of the buildings. I also agree that the volcano doesn't fit there. Decent idea, poor execution. I think you should add some variation in your rooves. Right now, they are all flat.

Posted Image
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    needs some scale adjustments but for a fairly new player to the site it aint half bad. keep up the good work

Posted Image

So, with all the suggestions to resize the scale on the buildings, I've decided to revisit Anheuser Village later to remodel them.

This will be a bus pick-up spot outside the park entrance. Still a lot of work to do but just wanted to show you guys something new!

Posted Image

I'm so excited to continue with this project. I have so much vision and can already visualize what each section of the park will look like. Let's take this journey together!

-DI
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    NOW THATS AN IMPROVEMENT.

lovely stuff. becoming a fan of yours.
  • JJ%s's Photo
    I really like that DI <3
  • Faas%s's Photo
    Cool flowerbed!
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    Immense improvement, keep it up!
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    It makes me smile... nice improvement.
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    The diagonal path tiles would do wonders here. Other than that and the dominance of light brown, it's actually really nice!
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    the planters and the way you used the benches are fantastic! as louis said you've improved vastly in a short amount of time, congrats on a well composed and esthetical entrance area for your park
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Posted Image
  • mintliqueur%s's Photo
    Yep, definitely looks much better. Creative flower arrangement, the map of the world thing. And those banners are very nice.
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    I really really like that D_I. Seems like a good improvement.

I think you really could do with diagonal paths instead of the square. I also think road lines to line the path change would work wonders instead of the little grey trim object that your use near the building.
    Thanks for all the comments guys!

The diagonal path tiles would do wonders here. Other than that and the dominance of light brown, it's actually really nice!

I really really like that D_I. Seems like a good improvement.

I think you really could do with diagonal paths instead of the square. I also think road lines to line the path change would work wonders instead of the little grey trim object that your use near the building.

Yeah, I'll definitely try to switch out the paths with diagonal ones so it flows better. With the brick path I chose I didn't know there were diagonal ones, I only saw this other brick one. Will also try using the road lines!

A lot of progress has been made today. I can't wait to show you guys in a few days...

I downloaded Open Broadcaster so I might live stream the park sometime in the near future, once I figure a few things out.
  • pierrot%s's Photo
    that's a promising screen man. you are rapidly improved!
  • ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo
    Very nice DI. I am shocked at the vast improvement you have made. Its really nice to see. Dont be to forceful on the screen you want to show us though. Take time and pace yourself. Maybe build more than what you will make into a screen, You have made this vast improvement by yourself.Without feedback so keep going. Looking forward to your next update.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    I seriously can't get over how crazy an improvement this is.

Is no one else as excited as me? I mean this guy has gone from below mediocre, to something pretty special. I'd say we haven't seen improvement like this since Robbie came along all those years ago, I'd even go as far as saying this is better than robbie's initial improvement.

I'm really excited for this.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Nope, I told him recently he reminded me a lot of Pac's improvement, maybe more so because he was in a bigger hole to start (that Disney park was shit dude :p)

DI, if you can pull of themes and maybe some other RCT talents like hacking or layouts, yea, you are going to be very, very good.
    Just make sure you have one other ability-productivity. That's the hardest.
    So its now five o'clock A.M. here on the U.S. East coast. I worked all night on this. Took into consideration your suggestions and added diagonal paths and road lines for the curbs. If you see one missing it is there, but glitches were bitches tonight.

Posted Image

Posted Image

At Busch Gardens: Ports of Adventure Park Services, guests will be able to rent strollers as well as purchase quick queue tickets, water bottles, mist fans and collect information before heading into the park!

Now I'm going to bed!
    -DI

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading