(Archive) Advertising District / Busch Gardens: Ports of Adventure

• Disney Imagineer%s's Photo

Already so much better. Do't be afraid to use roof objects though, just for future reference. Not every building top has to be flat. Also. it'll probably look better if the tops were still black instead of pink, tan, and grey.

The tower does look much better too.

Changed them to black. I'm not afraid to use different roof types, just thought this flat appeal went best with what I was going for. Thanks.

Indeed big improvement.

Thank you!

I didn't realize that the grey thing at the bottom was meant to be the actual park entrance..? If so it does need a bit of refinement.

Its not the park entrance, it's the entrance to the outdoor mall. I have a really cool concept in mind for it, just trying to think of the best way to execute it. ;)/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>

excellent on the changes, still change the latern with objects that make it look more realistic

May not do lanterns anymore. Haven't thought of anything that could replace the old ones.

be ready for a lot of landscaping, I've been to both Busch parks including Seaworld Orlando, so if you need any help, let me know!

Yes the park will have extensive landscaping throughout. I plan on making it as lush and green as possible because some of the countries (the South American ones for example) will need lots of foliage. Thank you! Might have to take you up on that offer.

It's cool to see a new guy with visible improvement screen to screen. Nice work and keep playing.

Thanks! I'm glad you like it. I'm having a lot of fun building this!

Posted Image

So I've decided on a name for my outdoor mall: Anheuser Village! Here guests will be able to shop, eat, and be entertained by AV's vast array of outlets.

Planned list of Stores/Restaurants/Entertainment:
    - Billabong
    - Bubba Gump's Shrimp Factory
    - Burberry
    - Dylan's Candy Bar
    - Hard Rock Café - 75% Complete
    - Lego Discovery Center
    - Louis Vuitton
    - Rainforest Café
    - Roxy
    - Shoku Japanese Steakhouse - 75% Complete
    - Starbucks - 100% Complete
    - The Cheesecake Factory - 100% Complete
    - TOPSHOP/TOPMAN
    - Unnamed Movie Theater Complex
    - Virgin Mega Store

The first on our list?

Posted Image

An overhead view of the plaza with pergola, overlooking Starbucks and The Cheesecake Factory.

Posted Image

Next up: Hard Rock Café!
  • nin%s's Photo
    Yeah, the black here looks so much better. I almost want to say that some of your buildings are a bit short while others are just the right height, but it's up to whether you'd want to change that.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Don't be afraid to put "stuff" on the roof, AC units, Skylights, whatever else you might find up there.
    I really like the vines growing up the poles :)

Yeah, the black here looks so much better. I almost want to say that some of your buildings are a bit short while others are just the right height, but it's up to whether you'd want to change that.

I assume you mean the clock tower's base? lol...I just thought I would leave it as a one-story because it could function as an office of some sort. Is that the one you were referring to?

Don't be afraid to put "stuff" on the roof, AC units, Skylights, whatever else you might find up there.
    I really like the vines growing up the poles :)/>/>

Yeah, I'm trying to think of the best way to create AC units for the rooftops. Thanks. :)/>

I thought about doing an interior for Cheesecake, something like this (the cylinders coming down from the ceiling).

Posted Image
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Goodluck! Round structures are pretty tough in RCT.
  • nin%s's Photo

I assume you mean the clock tower's base? lol...I just thought I would leave it as a one-story because it could function as an office of some sort. Is that the one you were referring to?

Actually was referring to the pink building in the back.The grey balcony seems low, and the obvious difference in the heights of floors when comparing it the building next to it. I don't know, it just seems like that building it the most important in the area, so it seems like a bit taller.
    Oh...well, as of now it will probably stay that height. I'm pretty pleased with it as of right now and am focusing on moving forward with all the other shops. If I do go back and redo the interior I'll have to remove the roof (which was a pain to place, piece by piece) then I'll add another wall level to make it taller. Its actually all on one floor, the ceilings are just twice as high inside.
    Hey guys, here's a quick map overview of what I currently have completed (and not completed). I just thought I'd show you what Anheuser Village looks like as of this moment.

(rough estimations)
    Starbucks - 100% Complete
    The Cheesecake Factory - 80% Complete
    Hard Rock Café - 60% Complete
    Shoku Japanese Steakhouse - 80% Complete
    Rainforest Café - 60% Complete
    Louis Vuitton - 50% Complete

Posted Image

I may post a couple closeup pics of the architecture tomorrow. Sorry for the double-post bump.
    -DI
  • Super G%s's Photo
    I really like it, you're growing really fast.
  • panther33%s's Photo
    I would place all of the different restaurants in different places in the park. So the guests dont have to go to the entrance to get food.

I really like it, you're growing really fast.

Thank you.

I would place all of the different restaurants in different places in the park. So the guests dont have to go to the entrance to get food.

Its not the park, its a CityWalk/Downtown Disney type of area. The park will be loaded with restaurants. ;) I haven't started it yet.
    Sorry for the double-post. Here's an update.

At Anheuser Village, guests will be able to choose from a wide selection of eating experiences at AV's various restaurants.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Rainforest Café (left) and Shoku Japanese Steakhouse (right).

Posted Image

Next update? To The Jungles...
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    I don't think anyone will be able to see that volcano..
  • ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo
    It seems there is a very serious kitchen fire.
  • nin%s's Photo
    Yeah, I'd say ditch the volcano, or rework the building to incorporate in a better way. Maybe fill the inside of the restaurant too, to be better convince us that is actually is a restaurant and not an empty warehouse.

My main gripe though is that there's just so much brown again (this is why black rooftops generally work better) and that you're scale is a bit off. Everything is just stretched out so much, making these huge elongated buildings. That leads to having a shitload of path, and it usually doesn't work out very well.
    I'll be working on the inside of the restaurant next. This will probably be the only one with an interior.

-DI
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    Looks good man! Your style honestly reminds me a lot of myself in a lot of ways. Gotta keep refining it ! You're getting better and better each time:]

Looking forward to the next update buddy
  • Corey%s's Photo

It seems there is a very serious kitchen fire.

LOL

Looks good man! Your style honestly reminds me a lot of myself in a lot of ways. Gotta keep refining it ! You're getting better and better each time:]

Looking forward to the next update buddy

Thank ya man! I appreciate it. I added you on Facebook. :)

lol @ the kitchen fire comment. :lol:
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    I think you should do some more to break up your pathing. Put some trees in perhaps?

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading