(Archive) Advertising District / Baker Lake Amusement Park

• Coupon%s's Photo
    Posted Image
    logo by DisneyImagineer

Sorry for the slightly unfinished screens!

Posted Image
    The new queue for the Pirate Ship!

Posted Image

Enjoy!
  • Disney Imagineer%s's Photo
    Looks fantastic! Love it! Especially love:
    - The Pirate Ship
    - The light pink metal roofing on the middle building. And just the archy in general.
    - The netted area under the coaster's turn
    - The paths

I look forward to following this!
  • nin%s's Photo
    All that work went into a ride that only deserved the name "Pirate Ship".
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    I think the name would sound better as "Thunder Ridge Park" but whatever.

Nice work! Really getting a dollywood sort of feel.
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    Thunder Ridge does sound better I have to agree with that. As for the park goes, I really like that peach roofed building in the middle of that second screen. However I would put quarter tile deco blocks to thicken up those pillars.
  • gir%s's Photo
    Ditto on Thunder Ridge Park. Really charming architecture, but it could be kicked up a notch by filling in the interiors.
  • RMM%s's Photo
    that second screen is fucking gorgeous.
  • imawesome1124%s's Photo
    The pirate ship is still, hands down, the best one ever attempted. At least the best one I've ever seen. I really think it's a toss-up between you and Pacificoaster for most rapidly improved player.
  • zburns999%s's Photo
    It all looks very nice, but I'm just not sure if I understand why you chose to make a custom pirate ship when the game includes one. It's just one less thing that peeps can ride when you ultimately decide to let them into the park. I could understand if it was an inverting ship, because the one included in the game is very fair-ground-ish, but the pirate ship the game includes is actually pretty nice. Nevertheless, I really do like that second screen. The architecture is beautiful. I'm very confused as to why everyone layers their paths anymore. Where does this happen in real life?

It all looks very nice, but I'm just not sure if I understand why you chose to make a custom pirate ship when the game includes one. It's just one less thing that peeps can ride when you ultimately decide to let them into the park. I could understand if it was an inverting ship, because the one included in the game is very fair-ground-ish, but the pirate ship the game includes is actually pretty nice. Nevertheless, I really do like that second screen. The architecture is beautiful. I'm very confused as to why everyone layers their paths anymore. Where does this happen in real life?

I don't know if this was Coupon's actual reason, but to me it just seems like a "why not" situation. It's absolutely stellar though, as is the architecture.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Love the screens, but I agree with what Cocoa said about the name.
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    Hey guys. Its our park for the theme park review members. Hence Thunder Park Ridge ;)
  • RCT2day%s's Photo
    ^TPR guys park? Thanks for the invite.

But seriously, great stuff coupon. Looking forward to this one more than SFW.

Hey guys. Its our park for the theme park review members. Hence Thunder Park Ridge ;)/>

Actually, Coupon terminated the group aspect and is turning it into a solo. Let's face it, we all had a lot of creative differences and most stuff ended up not staying. I just wish NE got a chance to see that not all TPR members suck at the game. ;)
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    oh trust me.. i think there's still some stuff up our sleaves.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    hey, I check out the tpr forums occasionally. there's sometimes some good stuff over there.
  • RamSam12%s's Photo

Although the pirate ship is not peepable, this custom one looks better in terms of scale. Especially if this is meant to be a Huss version since they are quite a bit larger than the Chance ones. The more I build, the less inclined I am to use the game's functioning flat rides since many of them look out of place among custom rides. For how much work was put into this, I agree with others that this should have a more original name, even something common like Sea Dragon. Path layering is commonly seen around path edges and structures in many parks. You would be surprised how much path variation is seen around buildings and rides, even in the most generic parks paved with asphalt.

Great screens, Coupon. The only thing I don't like is how close those pine trees are to the buildings. Seems like they would be better in the middle of the path where they could provide some more shade on a hot summer day.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    So all the people who tried explaining the name never thought to tell us it's acronym was TPR? Thanks for the help you TPR elitists. I kid, I kid.

oh trust me.. i think there's still some stuff up our sleaves.

Once I get motivation I'll start building again. I messed up AGAIN on my boardwalk project, didn't give myself enough space in the scenario editor, so I have to start over again. Ain't nobody got time for that!
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo

So all the people who tried explaining the name never thought to tell us it's acronym was TPR? Thanks for the help you TPR elitists. I kid, I kid.

Were a special group

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading