(Archive) Advertising District / Wasteland

• That Guy%s's Photo

Posted Image

All methods of transportation were cut-off...and only until later did we realize that the radiation was a lie...

• disneylandian192%s's Photo
    Looks pretty neat, I like the idea. Looking forward to a more finished screen.
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    Yes.
    More please.
    I'd loose the black frames, though.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    YES I love AD stories, we don't get nearly enough IMO.

In terms of RCT, I'd agree the black outline looks odd, I dunno that I'd lose it, but maybe extend it all the way down and change a color. I think you could do more with the foliage and rockwork in the back and inside the tunnel to.

The way the bridge is busted looks super cool, love the broken bit laying on the gorund.
  • zburns999%s's Photo
    Literally said "wow." Doesn't happen often.
  • That Guy%s's Photo
    disney - I've never felt this much inspiration on a project before, so I think that's on its way.

cas - I'm keeping the frames, but I know they need some color change.

austin - Good ideas. And yes, I realized today that its actually pretty fucking hard to make things look broken, and I'm really happy with how the look turned out.

zburns - love to hear it. :)/>

As of right now, I really want this project to be heavily story based. It might not even be a themepark, just an environment. I've been playing Arma-2, Day Z, Half Life 2, so thats primarily the looks I'm going for if you're familiar with those games. I'll try to tell as good of a story as I can with the environment though.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    We need more stories. Tell us a good one, ThatGuy.
  • posix%s's Photo
    Oh man, it was worth the wait. Very good screen. Its message is clear. That dead tree is powerful. Perhaps the colours could be just slightly more in balance. Not too keen on the bright supports and bright green shrubs.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Great to see you building again. Screen and concept (landscape/environment) does not disappoint.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Agreed with posix on this. While it looks great, it still looks too "new." Unless this bridge is in a modern setting and just collapsed, I'd suggest more greys and duller colors. Nice execution here though!
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    Lu Lu love it!
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    YES! Finally more work of you! (:

I love it but i'd change those black frames to a colour more in sync with the browns you have on those supports. Maybe another shade of brown or that rct's standard red could maybe work out.
  • Wicksteed%s's Photo
    This is great.
    If you want to tell a story you should do it with finished screens. That will make it even more intriguing (however you write that).
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Awesome stuff, fucked up themes like this are among my favorites :)

The tan slanted molding is catching the eye a little too much, maybe try gray/black there. That would make the black frames fit better.

Also I really hope you incorporate zombies into this is one way or another :nod:
  • That Guy%s's Photo
    Intamin - Will do.

posix - Thanks posix, I switched the colors up a bit and it looks a lot better now.

Pie - Good to hear!

Steve - Yeah, changed the colors and it's ten times better. Thanks, dude.

Wanted - Thanks.

chorkiel - Thanks, man. The frames fit in a lot better now with the new colors.

Wicksteed - While I agree with you, finishing screens isn't my strong point. Feedback gives me motivation along the way. But I will do my best.

Kumba - Yes, the new colors work much better. And I think you'll like what I have to offer in a few weeks. :kiss:
  • That Guy%s's Photo

Posted Image

I can still see the steam rising from the plant over the mountains. There is power, but where is it going?

• zburns999%s's Photo
    Holy cooling towers. That's awesome! Realistically, though, they should probably be about ten times taller than the building, but it's a computer game, so...
  • That Guy%s's Photo
    Yeah, the problem is that the real towers are such an odd shape. They're like hourglasses, so I figured I would stick with a stack that stayed the same diameter. Then the problem becomes height, because if you make it too tall it just looks ridiculous, even for RCT. I'm actually quite pleased with how they turned out though.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    they look great to me. Very curious as to the plot of this park.
  • csw%s's Photo
    The cooling towers are in a good proportion to the RCT guests. The beige building, however, would be more of a small apartment complex. If that's what you're going for, alright, but I would knock off a bit if possible.

Also, if you're going for realism, I would add more fog inside the towers, it would probably look better too. The emptiness of the towers seems unnatural to me, usually steam is pouring out of those things.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading