(Archive) Advertising District / Wasteland

• That Guy%s's Photo
    ^Hopefully not.

The world watched in silent objection as a conflict prepared to arise between nations too big to fall. Total war would need to be redefined. No longer was it just total devotion of resources, but also a total devotion of our humanity. Maybe you don't understand, but the rationale and simplistic words of "Security Above All" had a certain appeal to it when this whole thing began. We turned to someone we didn't quite understand, simply because we were afraid. I think that's the biggest lesson I've learned from all this.

We are the ones who inhabit Westport, although more recently it's garnered the title "Wasteland". Our existence is rigid and constrained like a geometric figure attempting to break out of its lines. Any act of defiance against them will no doubt end with blood on the leaves. Should you be taken, it's always at night, if you can make it. Erased from history, just like that. The ruins in the east spread like a deadly plant, ready to consume us. They're getting closer, it's only a matter of time. We're already dead, we just don't know it.

Posted Image

Move along. Nothing to see

• Hex%s's Photo
    Love that OBEY sign. Great stuff, man!
  • pierrot%s's Photo
    somehow this screen heavily reminds me of half life 2. I like it anyway
  • That Guy%s's Photo
    ^^ I leik obey... :D

^ As it should!
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Is that a crime scene? Nice stuff, I really enjoy this project.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Great screen, great advertising. The building on the left and the bridge are really cool. Discipline!
  • csw%s's Photo
    Building on the left and the sentry are awesome :D
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    I can almost hear the evil british accent.
  • tyandor%s's Photo

somehow this screen heavily reminds me of half life 2. I like it anyway

The quote below the earlier screen could have told you that :p

Anyways, I really love this last one.
  • dr dirt%s's Photo
    Love the building on the left; bridge just seems a little excessive for its purpose.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    I really like that. also reminded me of half life 2!
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    I always thought Obey was an interesting brand, but do people really not see the irony in it being sold commercially on t-shirts and hats?
  • RMM%s's Photo

This gives me a modern Holocaust feeling.

oh i know, i love sci-fi inspired parks.
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo

I always thought Obey was an interesting brand, but do people really not see the irony in it being sold commercially on t-shirts and hats?

thats the point man, it's postmodern

or at least that's the pisspoor rationalization shepard fairey made up to make himself feel better about being a corporate hack
  • That Guy%s's Photo
    Appreciate the comments everybody! This project is coming along quite nicely.
  • That Guy%s's Photo

We eagerly await the day when the ruins finally reach us

Posted Image

• Austin55%s's Photo
    that is definitely the coolest screen yet.
  • pierrot%s's Photo
    damn nice!
  • FK+Coastermind%s's Photo
    That tank is by far better than the one i made you. I still need to revisit that, i don't feel i gave you my best work. But everything here is looking fantastic, and definitely catching the right atmosphere for the project! Well done

FK
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    that tank is so simple but elegant and perfect. well done all around

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading