Pro Tour 4 / Who's making a finals entry for PT4?

• Louis!%s's Photo
    ^Yeah, but a lot of people lurk and then randomly decide to sign up.

I've lurked from almost the beginning but never signed up until 2006, and then I didn't start posting for a while.

I know the attitude is slightly different now to what it was back then (not so n00b friendly) but still.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    Anyone else having a blast building their PT park? :)
  • Sulakke%s's Photo
    I intend to start this evening.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    this is good, seeing how everyone intends to make one
  • Liampie%s's Photo

Anyone else having a blast building their PT park? :)

I love what I have so far, but in the past few days I've been distracted by LL. :p No problem though. I know I can finish.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    back from vacation, time to get this back on track woot
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    So how's the PT4 entries going? I hope the lull in the Ad is because everyone's building their final entry.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I'm making progress. Architecture was a problem at first, but inspiration came in time. This park is going to rock!
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    I'm not sure if I can get it finished in time at the pace I'm going currently..
    Had a good start but then I kinda stalled..
  • Fizzix%s's Photo

I'm not sure if I can get it finished in time at the pace I'm going currently..
    Had a good start but then I kinda stalled..

My thoughts exactly. Been pretty busy as well.
  • AvanineCommuter%s's Photo
    Damn what a wasted opportunity... I just got back home to my computer and am going to start my entry. If I finish or not will be up in the air... but it will eventually be released regardless; it's too good of a theme to pass up!!
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    yeah I have been so busy with exams in the next two weeks I haven't had time to play in ages. Hopefully I'll have a solid 3 weeks after exams where I can build though. Its not looking too bright though :( but I'll finish it otherwise anyway.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    I'd really like an extension.
    A park of this calibre requires more time and it would take off some of the pressure of the really tight deadline.
    And seeing the replies of my fellow contestants it seems it was started at a bad time for most of us and everyone was busy with other stuff.
  • nin%s's Photo
    I'd say extend the deadline only if the majority of the builders agreed upon doing so 9which is what I assume would happen anyways). Say, PM the group and ask whether or not they wanted one, etc.

I know that I've made little to no progress on my entry and so by the time I'd actually crack down on it the deadline would be coming up, but really there's no one to blame there other than myself. Just a thought though.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    Well guys, with the heatwave of the couple of weeks I didn't do any building at all, as it was quite impossible to sit behind the computer for more than 30 minutes. So I'm really behind on schedule and unless a miracle happens or there will be a significant extension I don't expect to get it finished in time and I'm not gonna rush it.

Good news however is that I will be turning what I have in a full scale solo as I really like what I built already and it will be a waste to not continue on it. The map was too small for what I planned anyway, so now I'll have more room to breathe :p
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    The heatwave didn't really help me either. Barely touched RCT. We'll see how it goes!
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    35 days to go; still plenty of time.
  • Maverix%s's Photo
    I got some bad news...

XP decided to fuck up on me and I have lost everything... All my CSO, parks, all gone, including what I had for PT4.

The only good news is that I can reinstall everything, but that will take some time and I may need to buy a new RCT2 disk as I have lost mine.

Hopefully once I'm back up and running I can whip something together (I've got an idea) but it's going to be a tight race to the deadline.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    EVERYONE BACK UP YOUR PARKS NOW. DROPBOX. PM THEM TO ME. SOMETHING.
  • Maverix%s's Photo
    Good news:

Should have everything back up on Saturday, so new park will being then. Going to be smaller than I originally planned, but I want to have something for this. I WILL NOT GO DOWN THIS EASILY!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading