Pro Tour 4 / Who's making a finals entry for PT4?

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    i did some work on my park for the first time in weeks. (exams are wrapping up!)

mostly did some removing of things/reshaping the park. It has to be 'right', or I will never have the motivation to finish it.

should probably say that I've made the best entrance I've probably ever made. And I pretty much only make entrances these days :p

so it will get finished, even if not for pro tour (but ill try)
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    So less than 5 days? How many parks do people think we'll see?
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    not one from me, motivation was a hard one to come by and work has been way too busy to even come close
  • Six Frags%s's Photo

Because of a less productive summer than expected, as reported by various people, the deadline for the Pro Tour 4 has been pushed back by exactly ten days. The deadline is now 11th September @ 23:59 [UTC-11]. Don't miss it!

If this was decided earlier on I might have been able to get an entry in. After there was no extension earlier on when everybody said they had no time to build at that time, I just abandoned my park, as I was too behind on schedule.

Really, what is the point in giving this extension sooooo late?! (other than to give yourselves a bit more time :p (j/k <3)
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

If this was decided earlier on I might have been able to get an entry in. After there was no extension earlier on when everybody said they had no time to build at that time, I just abandoned my park, as I was too behind on schedule.

This is the exact same situation as mine.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    unfortunately I'm not even gonna get this done either. Same problem as above, really. I thought I would have time after this last set of exams to work on it, but the next set of exams are in 7 weeks already so there's really been no rest. maybe goliath knows what I'm talking about :p
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I admit that this extension is late, but it's only like a week late. An earlier deadline extension wouldn't really help. Anyway, it seems there won't be many entries this time. :p

Except for me, is there someone who's still building?
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    I was, but then real life got in the way.

I don't think we will see many entries, but I don't think that matters.

At the end of the day, at least we tried to re-energise an old contest and we were providing the type of contest people generally asked for.

I look forward to seeing any entries, if people are still building, and look forward to seeing the unfinished ones too
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    We got some awesome prelims out of it though :)
  • Six Frags%s's Photo

I was, but then real life got in the way.

I don't think we will see many entries, but I don't think that matters.

At the end of the day, at least we tried to re-energise an old contest and we were providing the type of contest people generally asked for.

I look forward to seeing any entries, if people are still building, and look forward to seeing the unfinished ones too

Well, while it's hard to get a good turnout nowadays on an individual contest I think that if you guys organizing this contest were a bit more involved halfway through and see a lot of people were having trouble finding time to get building, maybe there would have been a better turnout. Maybe there will be a good turnout after all though, so let's keep our fingers crossed.

@cocoa; you hit the nail on its head :)
  • Sey%s's Photo
    I was on holiday for at least 7 weeks, and I really don't know what made me think I'd have enough time for building during that period. However, i am still proud to send in something of a smaller scale.
  • Louis!%s's Photo

Well, while it's hard to get a good turnout nowadays on an individual contest I think that if you guys organizing this contest were a bit more involved halfway through and see a lot of people were having trouble finding time to get building, maybe there would have been a better turnout. Maybe there will be a good turnout after all though, so let's keep our fingers crossed.

@cocoa; you hit the nail on its head :)/>

We didn't want it to turn into deadline extension after deadline extension after deadline extension like the previous. We figured that if people weren't ready halfway thought, they wouldn't benefit from an extension anyway, which is why we've extended at the end, to give those that are close a chance to finish.

To be able to compete in a contest like this, you have to have the inspiration and motivation to build pretty much constantly, that's the challenge. We understand that not everyone can do this, I couldn't this time around. If you aren't motivated all the way through, you're not gonna finish, whether you get an extension or not.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo

what ever happened to people's unfinished ones? mine turned into disneyearth, what about others? just curious :p

man this is 2 years ago already

• Xeccah%s's Photo

Mine turned into my ncso project.

• Cocoa%s's Photo

I'm also going through the old h2h6 forums. such drama! such nostalgia! fuck nin!

• Xeccah%s's Photo

Zac do you have any shit outside of pm we could chat bruh

• Cocoa%s's Photo

check your pms

• Liampie%s's Photo
    My park hasn't moved much since autumn 2013 but I want to finish it. It's 'The Twilight', in case you didn't know.
  • Stoksy%s's Photo

^That the one with the awesome diagonal pyramids cutaway?

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Yes!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading