News / Welcome to New Element v5.0

• Milo%s's Photo

This seems pretty bitchin

• geewhzz%s's Photo
    Search & New Content has been disabled temporarily due to high CPU usage.
  • Rsurect_%s's Photo

Love the new look guys! I kind of miss the banner with the screens of the top parks at the top though...

• Austin55%s's Photo

The banner is a bit sad to see gone...

• JJayMForce%s's Photo

Love the new site Gee, thank you, and to all others who helped.  It does take some getting used to, but I love all the new features.

• AvanineCommuter%s's Photo

Jesus fucking Christ. Just as I was "leaving" rct2 for a bit, Starpointe and NE5 are released. How am I supposed to leave now?! This is absolutely fantastic Gee!!! I may not be working on any new material but I can't leave when there is so much great stuff happening...

Salute to you Geewhzz, you truly are a legend.

• 5dave%s's Photo

One quick question: Are the writeups/reviews gone completely or are they hidden somewhere?

"MFG"

• geewhzz%s's Photo
    They are saved, just not shown anywhere.
  • Wicksteed%s's Photo

One question: I usually browse with NoScript. Now today the site is using ajax.googleapis.com, which it didnt use yesterday, if I looked correctly. Why is that?

Not that I really mind. Just wondering. It all seems to work fine without google.

• Roomie%s's Photo

just a quick Q. The 3 tags at the top (announcement, Important & Official) have "x" marks on them... should they? don't wanna click them if it removes the tags. 

• geewhzz%s's Photo
    You found a bug. Wick, I switched that to Google Apis today to save on resources
  • Cocoa%s's Photo

definitely encourage everyone to rate as much as they can! although, rating screens without leaving a comment makes me feel dirty (same with recieving ratings with no comments, haha)

its such a cool system, and I really want to see what the best parks are! it may be, finally, the truest ranking system we'll ever have, and half of the top parks are my selections only because they have my 1 vote of 95! :p

btw, you should maybe put writeups in the description box for parks?

• 5dave%s's Photo

Another question: How are the parks I am fan of sorted in the profile?

Maybe a filtering system there would be nice (date/rating,...)

"MFG"

• FredD%s's Photo

Notification system doesn't work at all, too bad because it would be a very helpfull feature. Getting used to the site, and it's a big step forwards!

• Louis!%s's Photo

Just a quick couple of tips:

A few people have a little bit of trouble navigating the site to find the newest content and are concerned that they are missing screens.

On the front page, when someone comments on a screen, it bumps that screen to the top, the same way it used to in the Ad District.

If you have recently come to the site after a few days and want to see the screens you have missed, I advise checking the 'Newest Screens' section and going back to the page you last recognise screens on. The newest screens section will never be bumped, only the newest screen goes to the top, regardless of any comments.

Hope that helps clear things up for a few people.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, if anyone gets a 403 server issue, like a few did yesterday, please make at least one of us aware ASAP via facebook, twitter or email.

• Six Frags%s's Photo

Alright, here are some of my observations after browsing the site for a day;

-Response is really slow. When you click on a picture or a link it takes a few seconds before it's loaded. I don't have this with other sites and also experienced it with previous NE versions, so it probably has to do with your host?

-In my 'Jobs' page it says that a few old parks need accolade voting. Are we supposed to rate old parks too as panellists or something?

-Would be nice if in the screenshot section there would be an option to see the screen full screen with one click and not have to go to a separate page.

-Projects/screens get burried too fast and placed on another page. I know there are loads of projects posted now, but it would be nice if more projects/screens could be fitted on a page.

-My short wishlist for features; A +/- button for comments, a tutorial section, more subforums on the frontpage such as a general chat forum (always enjoyed some of the topics there)

It's still awesome though ;)

• Louis!%s's Photo

Alright, here are some of my observations after browsing the site for a day;

-Response is really slow. When you click on a picture or a link it takes a few seconds before it's loaded. I don't have this with other sites and also experienced it with previous NE versions, so it probably has to do with your host?

-In my 'Jobs' page it says that a few old parks need accolade voting. Are we supposed to rate old parks too as panellists or something?

-Would be nice if in the screenshot section there would be an option to see the screen full screen with one click and not have to go to a separate page.

-Projects/screens get burried too fast and placed on another page. I know there are loads of projects posted now, but it would be nice if more projects/screens could be fitted on a page.

-My short wishlist for features; A +/- button for comments, a tutorial section, more subforums on the frontpage such as a general chat forum (always enjoyed some of the topics there)

It's still awesome though ;)

1) It's to do with our host. It is running quicker now than it was on launch day.

2) Yes, please vote on older parks. If you read the first post all the way through you'd see it asked you to :p

3) Just hold Ctrl down when you click and it opens it in a new tab :p

4)

If you have recently come to the site after a few days and want to see the screens you have missed, I advise checking the 'Newest Screens' section and going back to the page you last recognise screens on. The newest screens section will never be bumped, only the newest screen goes to the top, regardless of any comments.

5) Ideas are always taken into consideration, but can't be promised

• Dr_Dude%s's Photo

hmm, this is interesting. its not the direction i'd take the site but hey who gives a shit about me, i hope this increases productivity (it looks like it will). is there still an option to see all unread posts? thats how ive been using the site for a while now

• Chocotopian%s's Photo

This looks excellent!  It'll take me a while to get used to it, but I'm sure the new system of organising screenshots and projects will help to filter out clutter.  Brilliant work.  It's nice to know there are still those who are so dedicated to the continuation of this site.

• Six Frags%s's Photo
    3) Just hold Ctrl down when you click and it opens it in a new tab :p

Still have to click 2 more times; One to open the new tab and one to open it full screen.. yeah I know I'm lazy :p