News / Welcome to New Element v5.0

• A.S.Coasters%s's Photo

nice old fashion look

i like

• Angroc%s's Photo

Only thing I was hoping would be introduced in a new NE version was a tutorial section. There are so many great tutorials burried in the forums. If they all somehow could be transfered to a new section that would be great. Or maybe they can be tagged now, so that new members can just find them by searching for a tag 'tutorial'?

My hopes too. I am a total noob with techinical stuff, and some sort of directory of tutorials would be sweet.

I see a lot of focus here being on park releases. That's what people earn "points" for. But what about community contribution? Tutorials (just for an example) are essential in bringing in new aspiring makers. If tutorials were incorporated into this new system (which I think sounds really neat, btw), you could reward such activities as well. 

Really nice site, though. Quite a new experience.

• pierrot%s's Photo
    guys, I remember NE4 wasn't supported remove button and I couldn't find it in here too. Any specific reason about this? just wonder.
  • Louis!%s's Photo

^Could you please clarify what you mean?

• pierrot%s's Photo

^sorry lew, what I wanted to say is ; 'why theres no 'remove/delete post' button in NE?'

• Louis!%s's Photo

Ah. There is. Just it's only available to admins and moderators.

We find that there is rarely any need for a user to delete a post, and when there is, we can easily keep on top of it anyway.

• Wicksteed%s's Photo

you can only tag your own stuff, right?

It would be nice to be able to tag some older stuff where the parkmakers are not active anymore

• geewhzz%s's Photo
    We have a tag managers group for that. If you're interested in being one, contact an admin.
  • Liampie%s's Photo

Is that so? I didn't know, I've been tagging random parks ever since the site launched. Somehow I really enjoy it.

I agree that more people should have more tagging permissions, but that has always been the plan so wait for it. :)

• Cocoa%s's Photo

double agree on the tutorial section, I'm terrible at hacking (except codex). I forget how to merge track and have to relearn it every time :p

• Fisch%s's Photo

Is the general chat completely gone?

• Kumba%s's Photo

NE5, nice! :kumbasgreen:

I know gee put TONS of work into this site and it's looking great. The new features all seem to help NE move into a future that does not see as much activity as in the hay-day of RCT and NE. Yes, it's times like this when I am glad I went nuts and handed the site to gee, lol. I am not a huge fan of all the changes and loss of NE4, but out of respect for all the work that went into this I will not nit-pick.

As for me, I am immersed in the NFL season and my 15 fantasy football teams (4-0 in the still active old NE league) and working 3 jobs right now. Thanks to Starpointe, I opened RCT for the first time in weeks yesterday. Don't worry, I'll be back at the end of the year and Logos and Musket will be released in 2014.

Keep the great content coming in. I am enjoying viewing it as a lurker ;)

• Austin55%s's Photo

On a  side note, Is Posix around?

• geewhzz%s's Photo
    I'm happy to report that all the notifications in the system should be working, that includes when there is a reply to a followed park, screenshot or project where before it was just a blank notification.

The chat is gone, Fisch, but it might be back for certain occasions of course.
  • Fisch%s's Photo
    I'm happy to report that all the notifications in the system should be working, that includes when there is a reply to a followed park, screenshot or project where before it was just a blank notification.

The chat is gone, Fisch, but it might be back for certain occasions of course.

Thanks for the quick response but I should've made myself clearer. I wasn't talking about the chat but rather about the general discussion forum where you could talk about anything.

Thanks for the hard work man! ;)

• Liampie%s's Photo

On a  side note, Is Posix around?

He will be in a few days. Nothing to worry about. :)

• RRP%s's Photo

Good job team.As with anything it'll take people time to adjust to the change but i definately think its a change for the better

• Louis!%s's Photo

I feel like I need to emphasize how important it is to rate parks. Without ratings from the community, a release doesn't have the opportunity to grab an acolade.

Please, please, please, make sure you check parks out and drop a rating :)

• FredD%s's Photo

Kinda always got an error when I'm trying to go to parks > newest... And from then it takes a while until it stops giving errors on the rest of the site. 

[#2001] Sorry, the server is too busy to handle your request, please try again in a moment

• Six Frags%s's Photo

Yeah, same here.

The server/host seems kinda unstable. What kind of account does NE have and have you guys ever considered looking at other hosts?