News / Welcome to New Element v5.0

• RCT2day%s's Photo

What version of internet explorer

No idea, but I just needed Chrome.  Sorry to bother you guys.  Again, site looks incredible.  Thanks for everything you've done, 

• Fisch%s's Photo

I think atm it's definitely a problem that the "project" tab seems to go unnoticed despite being in a big font. But new parks receive pretty few comments. Maybe just put a golden star or something that says "hot" on the side of the word projects to direct people there.

• 5dave%s's Photo

Another thing I noticed with the notifications:

When I'm on the page and the notification 'reply to a topic' or something pops up I can't find the notification in the list anymore and I don't know which topic or park or screen the reply was posted on.

Also clicking on 'new content' doesn't show any reply at all.

Also do logo makers still get some kind of mentioning upon release? A simple ALT text would be enough IMO, but not mentioning at all is a bit sad.

"MFG"

• FredD%s's Photo

When clicking on a notification on a screenshot, it doesn't get me to the screenshot but to the homepage. Link in the address bar is http://www.nedesigns...view=getnewpost. No problems with other types of notifications.

• Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    When will we get the mobile version?! Haha all I have is my iPhone and an ipad and voting on screens is hard.

I totally expect an NE ap in the near future

-Josh
  • inthemanual%s's Photo

^sounds like a fun, useful project

• geewhzz%s's Photo
    5dave,

I'm not sure what you mean? Something pops up for you? There should be a dropdown box when you click the notification icon top right of the page, this just shows the most recent, and if you click View Notifications, http://www.nedesigns...notificationlog you get a list of all of them and can manage them, mark read, delete, etc.

fredd,

that is a bug and I just fixed it.
  • FredD%s's Photo

fredd,

that is a bug and I just fixed it.

Thanks for looking at it, but it still doesn't work over here.I tried in Chrome and Opera, but it's still the same result as before.
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    Your old notifications will still have the wrong URL in them, but future ones should be correct. Have you gotten one since I posted that it's been fixed?
  • FredD%s's Photo

No, didn't thought about it that way.

Edit: got a new screen notification, and it worked. Thanks!

• Hex%s's Photo

Does this mean write-ups are gone?

• JJayMForce%s's Photo

Not sure if this is just me, but when i'm in my profile viewing the screens and parks i'm a fan of I can't go to the next pages.  The list looks the same when I try to navigate to page 2, 3 and so on.

I couldn't see if someone had asked about it already.

• geewhzz%s's Photo

Not sure if this is just me, but when i'm in my profile viewing the screens and parks i'm a fan of I can't go to the next pages.  The list looks the same when I try to navigate to page 2, 3 and so on.

I couldn't see if someone had asked about it already.

That's a bug, just fixed it, all should be good now.

SuicideCarz, writeups are gone, however they are still saved on the server.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo

You can always do old-school park walkthroughs in comments.

• chorkiel%s's Photo

I don't know if it's possible, but I think it would be really usefull if (in the new content menu) pages could be added for forums.

• RCTNW%s's Photo

Great job on the site update guys.  Looks fresh and vibrant.

• rK_%s's Photo
    I have been gone way too long! This place looks amazing guys, great work! After life decided to be a punk, I had to take a few years to kick some ass and get things right. Found my RCT & LL discs in my attic and needless to say I have not lost any of the nostalgia that comes with this franchise or NE. Hope to contribute soon. Glad to see you guys are still making this game what it became for allot of us, a community driven and always striving for the best. Keep it moving!
  • FullMetal%s's Photo

I'm very impressed with how this site has evolved to keep things fresh not just in appearance, but also in how we share the game as a community. I can't wait to get back into game again and try out the new system.

• Liampie%s's Photo

IT'S XIN! Welcome back. :)

• Roomie%s's Photo

Yo. This seems like the best place to put my thoughts having used this site design for however long its been.

I really don't want to sound like I'm criticising as Gee is a good friend and I know how much work he's put into this design. There's just a couple of things that I feel hurt the site in the long run

The main one for me is the lack of new parks on the front page. Just a little bar under the screenshots with the 3 newest parks in the database would be really handy. I just clicked "Parks/newest" which is hidden away in a menu at the top and there's loads of parks there that I had no way of knowing were released (without clicking that link). I mean how many people on this site even realise i released Eastfields earlier this year without putting it up for accolades?

As people in that thread have mentioned there are only 4 comments on a park that in my admittedly biased opinion deserves more. I think the reason for that is that no one knows its there. I mean Capricorn Coast isn't mentioned anywhere on the front page and its the newest park on the site. 

Secondly this is a weird one. It really seems to depend on monitors but I have real trouble telling where the stickies end and the real topics begin. Especially on my work monitor and one of my home monitors (theres a real difference between my DELL and my Catleap, Can't tell the difference at all on the Catleap) It's actually quite confusing at times. 

Attached Image: trouble.jpg

Anyway. Feel free to ignore these :) just my 2 cents. (pence?)