Related Games / RollerCoaster Tycoon® 4 Mobile™ (& new PC version)

• nin%s's Photo

Zoo Tycoon isnt THAT bad...

• Lotte%s's Photo
    Zoo tycoon had fun scenarios, especially the endangered animals scenario. I once had 200 galapagos turtles there because they wouldn't stop breeding. But in terms of scenery it was bad
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    http://www.digitalsp...erent-game.html

So isn't a port. It's a whole new game. And Chris is at least partly involved.
  • Lotte%s's Photo

http://www.digitalsp...erent-game.html

So isn't a port. It's a whole new game. And Chris is at least partly involved.

nope

http://www.pockettac...aster-tycoon-4/

• Roomie%s's Photo
    Well yes... And no.

It is a different game entirely. Which is good news. But Chris isn't involved which is bad.
  • Louis!%s's Photo

Yeah this is Atari saying that he is involved and then Chris saying no i'm not lol.

I don't really get how that works lol

• Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    Sex sells.

I'd buy anything with his name on it.
  • Louis!%s's Photo

It doesn't have his name on it though :p It's all lies!

• Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    Well..... Than I shan't be buying it..
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    This as a whole is actually good news. Very good news.

Now I'm not going to comment too much on a game that's not only not out yet but that there are no details at all about it.

The last SSX title to come out was a very good game and originally got a similar reaction to this when first details came out. Understandably after 2 very poor games in on tour and blur. So I am keeping my mind open.

Now the reason this is good news for us is that no matter how good the game is. People will buy it. And when they do they will look for an online resourse... I'm pretty sure I know what will come up when they search on google.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Yeh I agree that it is good news, and if we are honest, it doesn't matter what the game is like, we won't like it, just like we didn't like RCT3.
  • Nitrous Oxide%s's Photo

If it were a port I would assume they'd release together. Doesn't really make sense to release them at different times. The way it came off to me is that the PC version would be completely separate. Lets say it is something completely different.. When Theme Park Studio reaches its final phase will RCT be too late and too little? I can't see them making the rollercoaster building as complex as TPS to keep the gameplay user friendly. And with Theme Park Studio basically just being released as a game engine then leaving all custom scenary and rides up to the community. I really can't see RCT keeping up with TPS other than those who aren't looking for something super authentic and complex. Only time will tell.

• Roomie%s's Photo
    I'm still holding out hope for this.

What can I say? I'm an optimist.

The mobile version is dead to me. But I saw EA change SSX after the fan backlash and if RCT 4 isn't up to scratch we can make a difference as a fan site.
  • Coasterbill%s's Photo

I guess the game came out, and there's a video of someone playing it for an extended period of time...

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=qpRblyynIcU

It's worse than we thought it would be.

lol.png

These aren't even small, micro transactions. They're huge transactions. This is around the 24 minute mark of the video. For the price of 1,000 tickets for a fake amusement park in a terrible game you could buy a 1 day park admission to Walt Disney World and still have $25.99 left over.

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

That's honestly worse than I ever imagined.  They introduce the IAP mechanic 30 seconds into the game, and building custom coaster layouts costs IAP currency.  The game doesn't even look enjoyable.  I think we can safely write this off as a disgusting money-grab.

• Lotte%s's Photo

it really is disgusting, also is disney world really that expensive? walibi holland is like €25

• AvanineCommuter%s's Photo

Oh my god this is so embarrassing that it has the RCT name attached to it. What a fucking travesty.

• Coasterbill%s's Photo

^^The Magic Kingdom just raised it's price to $99 (US) per person. As a comparison, a ticket to Six Flags Great Adventure is $42.

• Louis!%s's Photo

Atari are insistent on getting feedback from 'fans' of the series regarding the next PC game.

So please, feel free to spam them in any way possible, with links to this website. After all, we are the true, loyal, fans of RCT.

• Lotte%s's Photo

where can we contact them?

Tags

Members Reading