Related Games / RollerCoaster Tycoon® 4 Mobile™ (& new PC version)

• Liampie%s's Photo

i think indiana jones and the kingdom of the crystal skull is a really good example, this game will be okay for those who haven't heard of the franchise before DUMB FUCKS, for the majority that already has heard of it, not so much...

Fixed.

• Nitrous Oxide%s's Photo

Another find. http://www.digitalsp...~oC5UqjeZSxcctH

• robbie92%s's Photo

I'm quitting RCT2 for this.

• Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    ^thank god.
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    Also...

"It will, however, retain the isometric, tile-based visual approach of the first two games in the series, with Atari and Lithuanian developer On5 working closely with original creator Chris Sawyer for a "consistent vision".

Any hope in this statement...?
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo

pretty sure that is referencing the mobile version.

• Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    Ah. Could be possible. I was just reading the link NO posted about the PC version. Got confused.
  • Roomie%s's Photo

Reading the Roller Coaster Tycoon Facebook page is a daily source of comedy for me. Mainly the reactions to their posts. 

https://www.facebook...rtycoon?fref=nf

10155023_620788191346689_824750096142455

This sums up the game nicely i think.

• csw%s's Photo

Carbon? I LOVE burnt-down coasters!

• Faas%s's Photo

Giving the fans Titanium Roller Coasters is exactly what they want! 

Edit: I don't know if it's been said already but this sums it up pretty nicely:

" this is an absolute stinker of a game. Here, all challenge, interest, and fun has been removed for the sake of promoting micro-transactions. Yet, the gameisn't even free.

It's been cunningly designed to look and feel just like the charming, intoxicating Rollercoaster Tycoon games of old. Yet it's nothing more than a cruel nostalgia trap, a deceptive crust beneath which lurks a bottomless pit of greed.

It's hard to imagine either a 'better' practical demonstration of the perils of micro-transactions or a worse idea of a reboot for a once-loved franchise."

• Roomie%s's Photo

Dear RCT Fans and Tycoons,

Three weeks ago RollerCoaster Tycoon® 4 Mobile™ launched as the latest title in the storied franchise, and now we want to take this opportunity to give you some feedback on all the reviews (both good and bad), and share with you some of our plans for the future. 

First and foremost, we want to thank you all, every tycoon who is playing the game. More than 1 million game sessions have already been played, so congratulations and many thanks. 

Now let’s ride straight into your comments, and let’s focus on the top 5 reasons for some negative reviews. We are here for the long-term and appreciate the constructive criticism.

• The first criticism is that RollerCoaster Tycoon® 4 Mobile™ is not a PC game: We have a new premium PC game in production, for release in Winter 2014. A website and forums will be launched soon where you will be able to directly engage with the RCT Team for this game. Stay tuned for more details. 

• The second one is bugs in-game: There is always a chance that bugs may slip through. Please post details of your bug occurrences on our Atari support page (http://bit.ly/1ja2u9K) so we can fix them as soon as possible.

• The third one is micro-transactions: It’s true that you can play the whole game through without buying any coins or tickets. Still, we are reducing prices over the next few weeks to better balance the game.

• The fourth one is when the Android version will be introduced: The Android version will be available early Summer 2014. 

• Finally, wait time for building construction: We heard you and are shortening all construction and building timers.

Other attractions and features coming soon:
    1. Flyover Plane:
    a. Use the plane to tell a friend! Want to say something to a friend? Launch a plane that flies over his/her park with a customized message.
    b. Promote your park: Use the plane to hype your park and spread the news about your latest attractions. As an added bonus, all of your buildings will produce more coins when the plane is launched in your park. 
    2. More Attractions and More Levels: New rides and attractions including a Stadium, Flying Jumbo Ride, Gold Rush Mine and more will be available in your Marketplace. 

We are reading all of your reviews and are doing our best to address all of your comments. 

We greatly appreciate all our RCT fans. We are big fans of the franchise too, and most of our team was present when RCT3 was launched 10 years ago. This means a lot to us. It is because of your passion for the franchise that makes us want to continue improving the game. 

Please continue to share your feedback with us, ride safely and have fun!

Atari Support Page: http://bit.ly/1ja2u9K 

The RCT Team.

• Liampie%s's Photo

shitstream.jpg

• Coasterbill%s's Photo

^ A picture is worth a thousand words.

• Roomie%s's Photo

RCT4X: What is Chris Sawyer’s involvement with RCT4M?

Matt Labunka: Chris Sawyer was provided game assets and materials and had no comments on the various game development builds delivered to him throughout the production cycle of RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 Mobile.

So thats what Chris' involvement is. Basically nothing at all. 

http://rct4x.com/rct4-interview

• Liampie%s's Photo

I don't want Chris to be involved so this sounds good. I don't know much about Chris but he sounds like a great guy with great integrity. I wish he showed his face at NE sometime...

Thanks for keeping us updated Roomie.

• trav%s's Photo

I wish he showed his face at NE sometime...

He could be here already. Who knows.

• Liampie%s's Photo

That's possible. I'd put my money on posix.

• Faas%s's Photo

Wouter VL is Chris Sawyer. 

• Mattk48%s's Photo

guys really, its GigaG

• Six Frags%s's Photo

Nah, if anyone it would be Toon :p

Tags

Members Reading