RCT Discussion / OpenRCT2

• RCTER2%s's Photo

It shouldn't require .NET - it's written in C. Are you using the version from here (which installs a launcher that does require .NET), or here (which is just OpenRCT2)

I used the first one (launcher version). 

• X7123M3-256%s's Photo

Then try the second. I think the launcher runs on .NET, but OpenRCT2 itself does not.

• Rofl%s's Photo
    Just played Multiplayer OpenRCT2 for one hour straight with a friend. 2 players is playable, but 3 players not. But even with 2 players there are bugs like that the other player can't price his shops and employees are not placed correctly. But other than that it worked and we builded together on a park!

http://i.imgur.com/ZBXASrW.png

Left is Basss' work and on the right is mine.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    Woah that's crazy
  • G Force%s's Photo
    H2H will never be the same.
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo

haha, it could make for some really good building if people are on skype while building XD

• inthemanual%s's Photo
    Or they could add a voice chat.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo

How does mulitplayer build work with zero clearances? Do both get stuck without clearances or only the person who initiated the action in 8cars?

• Rofl%s's Photo

How does mulitplayer build work with zero clearances? Do both get stuck without clearances or only the person who initiated the action in 8cars?

I don't know, I will try soon.

• Louis!%s's Photo

I would assume it applies to the whole game not just the person who initiated.

• inthemanual%s's Photo
    The way openrct2 does zero clearance isn't by removing clearances from existing objects like 8cars does. The game just ignores clearance checks when it's on. Because of that, it could easily be an independent option for both users.
  • FredD%s's Photo
    It's so annoying I can't get this to work! It's so promising but I only get a black prompt window which shortly crashes...
  • PBJ%s's Photo

is there a option to make the game always Zero Clearence?

So if i build a wall it's right away in ZC?

that would be awnsome!

• Liampie%s's Photo

Isn't that pretty much what OpenRCT's Zero Clearance does? When I build in OpenRCT, zero clearance is almost always one. The only thing it's annoying for is when you want to stack objects. I do not recommend building a skyscraper like that.

Other differences from the 8cars version we're all used to, now that I'm talking about it anyway:

- YOU CAN MERGE TRACKS WITH JUST ZERO CLEARANCES NOW

- Raising/lowering land/water removes scenery, so it's not suitable for creating underwater scenery

- For some reason, shops and stalls still remove scenery when placed

- Paths will always connect to adjacent paths, so it's also not suitable for creating seating areas with scenery already in place

• Version1%s's Photo

Can anyone tell me, how OpenRCT2 works with CSO? Didn't try until know, but I dont want to download openrct for nothing

• Liampie%s's Photo

Works fine, except for park that have hex edited tiles. Cocopa Bay gives an error trapper upon opening.

It's definitely worth a try, trust me, I'm usually very skeptical towards new developments like these.

• inthemanual%s's Photo

- Raising/lowering land/water removes scenery, so it's not suitable for creating underwater scenery

On the other hand, you can place scenery below already raised water in openRct
  • Liampie%s's Photo

Of course... Somehow I didn't think of that. It's also useful for placing large scenery and stuff on sloped land tiles or partially underground. No more floating trees!

• inthemanual%s's Photo
    Still can't properly do invisible tiles or raised sloped fences.
  • mintliqueur%s's Photo

It's so annoying I can't get this to work! It's so promising but I only get a black prompt window which shortly crashes...

Sounds like you're trying to run it on XP? That happened to me when I tried that. XP is unsupported at the moment and they don't seem to be focusing on fixing that right now, although I found some patch the other week. Haven't tested it yet, since I don't actually need it (I play through wineskin on OSX).

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading