Micro Madness 2014 / Micro Madness 2014 General Information & Discussion

• Louis!%s's Photo
    By public vote.
  • inthemanual%s's Photo

I personally would have liked to see it go 47-> 24 -> 12 -> 4, and have round 3 be either 4 groups of 3 with 1 moving on from each, or 3 groups of 4 with 1 moving on from each+1 wildcard.

I think having the knockout early makes it a lot more dangerous, especially for me, since my time on this entry is a bit more limited than it will be on others.

Also, about bracket visibility: in round 1 we were told to expect similar quality from members of the same pot, which made sense, but there are now some clear quality gaps between groups, so it's a lot harder to get an idea for how well we might need to build in order to move on. Bracket visibility would alleviate this, but I do think the mystery is fun.

• Ling%s's Photo

Well from now on you're only up against people good enough to advance in the first place. That alone should give you a good idea. Plus there will likely be more apparent dropouts next round. It wasn't as obvious this time because all of the dropouts were simply omitted from the tournament, save for the one group of three.

Your method adds an extra round to the competition itm, they made the change so that it was still Round 1 -> Round 2 -> Semi-finals -> Finals.

• Louis!%s's Photo
    It may be hard to get an idea of how well you have to build, but that is the point. You HAVE to build the best you possibly can. It is designed to get the very best work out of all the competitors.

With the bracket, it is like this because when you have matches of 4 with 2 people going through it makes it extremely difficult to make a bracket where people don't face the same person more than once, which would be stupid in a knockout competition. The way this bracket is designed is so that you can only meet a person you have already played in the final. This was still difficult to do and took a bit of time to work out, especially when 15 or so people drop out and having to have the contest readjusted.

The anonymous bracket has been known about from the very start, any discussion on it should have taken place before the contest started. You were all made aware of this rule before signing up, had it been discussed earlier, perhaps we could have taken the suggestions on board, but the contest is already underway, the discussion is pretty much too late.

The bracket discussion is fair enough, the bracket has been changed from what it was originally, but that can't be helped when a third of the field drop out and a last minute change has to be made to be able to continue to host the best possible contest in the same amount of time and not have to delay it.
  • FredD%s's Photo

What if 2 contestants get the same #1 and #2 votes (and there's another contestant in the group with more votes)? Who of the two will get second place in that case?

• Faas%s's Photo

It will be decided by a fistfight to the death. 

• Kumba%s's Photo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sA1c1WErUk

• Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    That was my concern also Fred. As were neck in neck in the first vote and second. Haha

I say let us both thru!

Wildcard bitches!
  • FredD%s's Photo

That was my concern also Fred. As were neck in neck in the first vote and second. Haha

I say let us both thru!

Wildcard bitches!

I agree with that :p  Not in the mood for the fistfighting lol...

• Stoksy%s's Photo

Cocoa: I have all the first round RCT2 entries in one folder if you want.

• csw%s's Photo

If you could PM me it it would be appreciated, Stoksy :p

Just got back from a week without internet, so I have some catching up to do

• Lotte%s's Photo

that means you just had a minor heartbreak :( drawing inthemanual and kumba is tough

• AdamPlaysGames%s's Photo

Are we allowed to have the guests enter the park via chairlift?

• Louis!%s's Photo
    Explain this to me in a PM
  • Kumba%s's Photo

Been thinking about it, going from 24 to 8 takes out 2/3 of the contestants in one round, which is a pretty high number and then only 1/2 go out going into the final. I think it might be better if its 24>12>4>1, or maybe 10 instead of 12. That's a lot of people to lose and even less of the should-be impressive R3 parks. Then again, idk what the bracket is like now, I just get the feeling it might have a flaw.

• Louis!%s's Photo

We had to lose a lot of people somehow, to prevent doing an extra round and make the bracket less complicated.

Also, due to the match ups of 4, it has been difficult to prevent people from meeting each other more than once (say R1 and then R3). The way we have done it means that you can only meet someone you have already played against if you both make it to the final.

We also liked the idea of a round of death. We felt it would encourage people to build even better micros as they know they have to be #1 to progress.

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    Stoksy: I would love a quick zip of that. I got limited time with WiFi! Would be so useful, thanks
  • Louis!%s's Photo

All the results are now in. Congratulations to those that made it through to Round 2. Thankyou to everyone who entered.

• bdawgtk1982%s's Photo

Congrats, everyone

• Kumba%s's Photo

Here is a list of the 24 that advanced.

5Dave
    AdamPlaysGames
    Airtime
    CamCorrder22
    Corkscrewy
    Dimi
    Faas
    FK
    gdb
    inthemanuel
    JJayMForce
    Kumba
    Liampie
    Ling
    Louis
    Maverix
    navalin
    nin
    PizzaWurscht
    RCT2day
    Ride6
    Roomie
    Shotguns?

Stoksy

Players of note:

Airtime, Kumba, Liampie and Roomie are all NE Spotlight Winners

Kumba was the winner of the first Micro Madness in 2008

Ride6 and CamCorrder22 both made the final four of MM08

PizzaWurscht and AdamPlaysGames both advanced from pot 7

All the players from pot 1 that entered advanced

5Dave is the only NE member that has ever won two individual NE Contests (PT3 & NEDC)

Liampie won the NEDC2

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading