Micro Madness 2014 / Micro Madness 2014 General Information & Discussion

• nin%s's Photo
    Becoming increasingly worried that I won't make it to Round 2. These lower seeds are really good.
  • FredD%s's Photo

Becoming increasingly worried that I won't make it to Round 2. These lower seeds are really good.

Yeah same feeling over here. When I see the micro being released, I should have put in more details... But thought it was OK because it's just the first round... 

• Louis!%s's Photo

All the entries for Round 1 have been released. Please cast your votes, and also try to find the time to leave these entries a comment, they deserve it, we've got some fantastic work here and are having a fantastic contest.

Please be aware that 5 matches end voting tomorrow.

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    Just wanted to say generally that the quality so far is exceptional... Especially from some of the lower seeds! No WiFi here to download though, just glanced at the overviews. Would be amazing if someone could collect all the first rounds into one folder so I wouldn't have to download 50 separately haha :p

So wish I could be building!
  • Kumba%s's Photo

I would love to comment on all the entries, but I will not have the time, so I apologize in advance. I'll comment on all the ones in my own groups and maybe do a top 10 at some points with blurbs.

• Louis!%s's Photo

Also, everyone should feel free to make topics in this forum. I mean don't go crazy, we don't want to have to lock a million topics because they are pointless or are just another general discussion topic, but this contest is severely lacking in a prediction topic, a little things topic, a best of round 1 topic, etc. etc.

• Liampie%s's Photo

I invite someone to open a top 10 topic.

• 5dave%s's Photo

I have no LL atm... :(

So when I get hands on my CD I will review and vote those matchups...

"MFG"

• JJayMForce%s's Photo

For the next rounds, I would like to see the match ups, please.

• Louis!%s's Photo

What do you mean by that?

• Lotte%s's Photo

knowing who you are up against

• JJayMForce%s's Photo

I just want to see the bracket filled in with the players names, so I can see where people are being placed, and who they are going to face next.  I think having it laid out like that is fair.  Transparency is all i'm asking for.

• Lotte%s's Photo

also i'd like to add that it adds exitement like it's a real knockout competition

• Louis!%s's Photo

this year to add more excitement and intrigue, the bracket will remain anonymous and people will only find out who they are up against in each round when the voting starts

It's a decision we made at the very beginning, and without meaning to sound harsh, won't be changing.

• JJayMForce%s's Photo

Having never been in one of these competitions, I didn't know how awkward it would be to not have anything set in stone in terms of a bracket.  I should have questioned it before I decided to enter, however. 

Question though, is there currently a bracket filled in that we just can't see, and is only privileged to the admins? 

• Louis!%s's Photo

The bracket is filled in, it's just hidden from public view. The example of that bracket is in the bracket topic.

I understand that it is odd having the bracket hidden. But I don't understand how it can be awkward. You know you are facing 4 people, you know you have to build a micro, you just don't know who those 4 people are, how is that awkward? You just build the best micro you can build.

The reasoning behind this, especially in the later rounds, is to encourage quality.

In this next round for example, you don't know who you are going up against, but you know that out of the 4, only 1 person will go through, so you have to produce the best possible micro you can to be in with a chance of winning and advancing.

If you remove this anonymity, you know who you are facing, and ultimately you know how much effort you need to put in to be able to progress, and thus, the match ups, in theory, become weaker.

• Kumba%s's Photo

So wait, in R2 only the winner advances to R3?

I thought it was the top 2 till R3 and R4 which would be a final 16 and then a final 4.

• Ling%s's Photo

They changed it because we lost almost twenty people.

• Louis!%s's Photo

Yeah, we had to change the format. We go from 47 > 24 > 8 > 4.

12 matches of 4 - R1 - 2 go through

6 matches of 4 - R2 - 1 goes through + 2 wildcards

2 matches of 4 - Semi - 2 go through

1 match of 4 - Final - 1 winner

We felt it was more exciting for only 1 person to go through from each match in the second round, than have 4 semi finals and only 1 go through from them.

• Lotte%s's Photo

how are the wildcards decided?

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading