Micro Madness 2014 / Micro Madness 2014 General Information & Discussion

• Ling%s's Photo

Take as much time as you need; it'll be nice to have a few rounds to look forward to every few hours/days.

• Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    Very true. I apologize for my eagerness.
  • Louis!%s's Photo

^No worries :)

I am really impressed with some of the breakthrough entries in this contest. The quality of the micros goes all the way from the top seeds to the bottom seeds.

• ida%s's Photo

You guys should zip all the entries for each matchup, makes for some easier downloading.

• Xeccah%s's Photo
    I haven't looked at any yet besides overwiews, but i'll say that it's likely a 6th seed has whipped a 1st seed's ass
  • Faas%s's Photo

Them guys should do whatever the fuck they want Wouter. At least make your post LOOK like it's a tip man. Just open four different things, so they have some free time left from organising this contest for us. 

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Was everyone else gutted when AvanineCommuter, Turtle and Wicksteed didn't sign up for micro madness? My worries are over. I've just stumbled across the perfect substitution for this magical trio.

And there's more fantastic stuff on its way. GET. FUCKING. HYPED.
  • Faas%s's Photo

I'm scared. 

• inthemanual%s's Photo
    Don't leave us hanging. Release the park, or at least tell us whodunnit
  • Lotte%s's Photo

Was everyone else gutted when AvanineCommuter, Turtle and Wicksteed didn't sign up for micro madness? My worries are over. I've just stumbled across the perfect substitution for this magical trio.

And there's more fantastic stuff on its way. GET. FUCKING. HYPED.

considering there's 28 micro's left to be released and he's referring to 3 micro's i assume, everybody who hasn't seen their park released yet has a 10% chance! though i doubt i'm part of it :p

• ida%s's Photo

OFCOURSE

ME ME AND ME

• Xeccah%s's Photo
    thanks liam it means a lot man...

(just kidding i'm still shit lol)
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    All will be revealed soon. There are a few other good matches I'd like to release first. Stay tuned.
  • Lotte%s's Photo

how many matchups will be released today?

• Louis!%s's Photo

That's for us to know, and you to find out :p

• Louis!%s's Photo

After some discussion, we have decided to go with our original idea of weighting the votes. Every vote cast for first place will be worth 1.5 votes. Every vote cast for second place will be worth 1 vote.

This is to make it more worthwhile being placed first rather than second and will keep quality high in the long run.

• Faas%s's Photo

Thanks guys, I think that's a good idea. 

• Louis!%s's Photo

We had originally planned this, but then we felt it was more like just voting for 2 entries, but it appear people would rather have the votes weighted so here we are.

In other news, there is only 2 days left to vote on 5 of the match ups.

• Ride6%s's Photo
    I'll vote tonight. I was a little busy with real life (music) last night.

I'm very excited from what I'm seeing in the overviews though. It looks like the higher seeds really stepped their respective games up, and most of the lower seeds are living up to expectation. I'm actually a bit concerned that my entry might be in danger and I tried to really bring my A-game (though it didn't turn out quite as I wanted it). The overall quality of the contest seems higher than ever. :D

Ride6
  • trav%s's Photo

After some discussion, we have decided to go with our original idea of weighting the votes. Every vote cast for first place will be worth 1.5 votes. Every vote cast for second place will be worth 1 vote.

This is to make it more worthwhile being placed first rather than second and will keep quality high in the long run.

Nice to see this, makes it seem like there's some benefit to actually ranking them, and as we see with the FK match up, it really will change the results (FK will go through currently using this method, where as Jimmy would go through using the original method).

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading