Related Games / Roller Coaster Tycoon World announced for PC

• nin%s's Photo
    Will continue to play LL/RCT2 instead.
  • RCTER2%s's Photo

It's interesting that rct hardcore players all complaining about the high price and  doubt about the quality of the game (RctLL/Rct2 players at NE and Rct3 at SGW), while the casual players on Atari official forum/Steam are super excited and it seems they are willing to pay whatever Atari wants for the game.

• Six Frags%s's Photo

People on the official forum could be Atari employees too ;)

Besides, I heard a lot of negative post deletion was/is going on in their forums.. That was one of the reasons I think that over at sgw the game wasn't supported or something..

• Mattk48%s's Photo

That's bullshit. i didn't know that. You cant just delete negative post's.  I guess "all information is good information, feel free to leave feedback, we care about the community" stuff is just a song and dance. Wow

• G Force%s's Photo
    The Atari forums are a joke. I made a couple of post there in the spring, all of them got deleted because I wasn't blindly supporting the game 100%. All I said was "I don't think this game will be good", deleted... Everything about this game is a joke I can't stand it.
  • Top Gun%s's Photo

According to the FAQ just announced, the 1st beta is scheduled for end of October.  It is supposed to focus on the roller coaster designer.  They are also planning to do a Twitch stream that will showcase the beta.  I'm willing to at least give it a try.  What I am most worried about right now is the realism of the roller coasters.  So far they look really cartoonish which was one of the big issues I had with RCT3.

• RCTER2%s's Photo

The Twitch showcase is one week before the beta 1, but we don't know the last weekend of october for them is day 24,25 or 30,1, if the beta one is in 24, 25, we can see new video in next week.

• G Force%s's Photo

https://forum.roller...ull=1#post38730

Piece-by-piece building de-confirmed.  Well, looks like this is nothing more than a fancy, rushed, cash grab, what surprise.  Hope no one falls for this stupid ploy to profit on peoples nostalgia for an old game by Atari.

• Mattk48%s's Photo

^ "Hacks NE, deletes post"

- Atari

• Roomie%s's Photo

What is this UGC that he keeps referring to in that post?

• G Force%s's Photo

What is this UGC that he keeps referring to in that post?

User generated content, 95% sure.  Which I guess is fine, but at the same time why would I pay full price for a game to just make all the objects myself?  If I want to do that I could use NL2 or TPS etc...

• Six Frags%s's Photo

I can't think of even one advantage of not allowing piece by piece building in-game. It's the heart and soul of rct2 and what makes it so fun and allows us to be creative. If they truly "read what fans wanted, we saw what their behaviours were in our (lol) previous games and we combined all that knowledge along with the sort of passion of the team (...) to come up with RCTW" they would allow piece by piece building.

Right now I don't think I'm even gonna give this game a chance.

• RCTER2%s's Photo

I will wait until I see what they can make with UGC, because the developer said "you can also import wall, fence, roof" with that tool then combine them as previous game, but it seems the developer rely heavily on UGC, we don't know how it works and whether this UGC will work or no. I won't buy it if we can only build like SimCity, we are playing a game not 3D programe!

• RCTER2%s's Photo

Hey guys, yesterday someone post a new Planet Coaster video on RCTW forum, it looks awesome. The peeps in PC looks far more better than RCTW--which will begin a beta test and Twitch show this weekend or next weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tyWUT0UsZE

And that thread was deleted by RCTW admins quickly.XD

• Chocotopian%s's Photo

That looks incredible. I think peeps have been vastly overlooked in a lot of recent developments, so it's great to see them getting some real attention here. They're what brings the park to life after all.

• Mattk48%s's Photo

Peeps look great, they could provide great atmospheres depending on whats around them. Something positive I guess.

But still no

• ida%s's Photo
    Well... one of my Twitter friends who was hyped for RCTW from the beginning who'd not listen to anyone pointing out how crappy RCTW is just got the beta... and he uninstalled it after 6 minutes.

I'm not even kidding.
  • RCTER2%s's Photo

Well... one of my Twitter friends who was hyped for RCTW from the beginning who'd not listen to anyone pointing out how crappy RCTW is just got the beta... and he uninstalled it after 6 minutes.

I'm not even kidding.

I think the official forum admin will start busy deleting posts lol. 

• Lotte%s's Photo

From what I've seen the abilities you have with the new spine based coaster building seem pretty good, the rest seems very lackluster though.

• Top Gun%s's Photo

I'm a sucker and downloaded the beta...

My thoughts so far:

The free-form designer is a good concept, but overall it is poorly executed.  Think NoLimits but with no snap to grid or bezel system.    It is extremely frustrating and difficult to design anything realistic.  I spent a good 20 minutes just trying to get a lift hill that was straight, and looked like a real roller coaster.

The scenery objects look fine and I really like the new path system.  I also liked the look of the roller coaster trains, and they even have different styles for each coaster type. (Ie launched coaster had a dragster style car).

Overall I think the coaster designer will need a big overhaul and I don't see how they can fix it by the December release date.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading