Related Games / Roller Coaster Tycoon World announced for PC

• Top Gun%s's Photo

Played around with it some more.  Started to get the hang of it, but still annoying.  This game has a lot of potential.  Made a little video for the contest.  Managed to make a flyer with a few decent looking zero g rolls.

https://www.youtube....h?v=Skm7HSznW7o

• Mattk48%s's Photo

That looks cool TopGun, especially considering what you were working with

This is a youtuber I watch fairly frequently. He likes RCT but doesn't play it seriously. He has some cheap humor, this is a great video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9SVL9FTa1M

This game looks like shit

• Cocoa%s's Photo

at least... it looks pretty I guess. the (limited) scenery and terrain stuff looks pretty decent, obvs the coaster builder is atrocious atm (falling off rails???) but I think it could get there with more care... it just doesn't seem like the care will be there :(

• Six Frags%s's Photo

Yeah, from what I've been seeing on Twitch as well it really looks like an even shittier game than what I expected.. A disgrace to the Rollercoaster Tycoon franchise (apart from that mobile phone shit of course) :(

• Top Gun%s's Photo

It has potential.  The free form editor is a good idea but so far it needs some work to be more enjoyable.  If they made it just a little easier it would be possible to make smooth and realistic layouts.  Also this is just the first beta.  We will see if they make any changes for the 2nd beta.

• bigshootergill%s's Photo

Release has been delayed: http://www.pcgamer.c...campaign=buffer

• G Force%s's Photo

What a disaster, its mind boggling how a major publisher could allow a game to be so poorly developed and managed.  I would say there is hope with Frontier's game, but based on their Zoo Tycoon attempted reboot, I can't imagine that will be anything better.

• Casimir%s's Photo

I'm pretty sure this is, in general, just a game Atari had cobbled together for them so that they can prove an effort to work with the license, in case anyone wants to contest their ownership of it.

• Top Gun%s's Photo

Feel like I'm the only one here that is open minded about this game.  They are delaying it because of the feedback they got in the beta.  If anything, its nice to know they are at least willing to listen to the feedback and work to make it right.

• Version1%s's Photo

I was open minded until I heard, that the beta was shit.

• Top Gun%s's Photo

It was a beta...and they said they are going to fix everything that was wrong in the beta, so much so that they are going to delay the release.

• Mattk48%s's Photo

I know it was just a Beta Top Gun, but the Beta was released really close to the initial launch date. There is not much time to fix stuff even with the delayed launch date. And the kind of stuff that would need to be changed in order to make this game great is long long list. Not to mention rebuilding key aspects of the game. Im not tring to rain on your parade, just voicing my opinion. I hope its going to great new ground breaking RCT, but based on what we've seen, I really really really fucking doubt it 

Not to mention that we cant even leave feedback for them, all negativity gets deleted instantly on their little forum site there. So I doubt they got any quality feedback.

• Top Gun%s's Photo

I agree it was rather disappointing even for a beta, but I think the game has potential.  They also pushed back the next beta, so if it isn't fixed by then I will agree with you.

• Goliath123%s's Photo

Sometimes when a game is delayed it is for the better, see the Witcher 3. Its ok for the game to be delayed

• G Force%s's Photo

Sometimes when a game is delayed it is for the better, see the Witcher 3. Its ok for the game to be delayed

I don't think in this case it will make much of a difference, the game might be better, but overall it still will be terrible.  Their philosophy and approach are the issue, which is why they have changed devs and had to move the initial release date back over a year from the first announcement.

• RCTER2%s's Photo

I don't really care about the release date, even it was released tomorrow my laptop can't play it for sure, my friend has 16G ram and it was laggy as shit and the game crush all the time lol. Maybe this is his PC's problem but what I know is that if you don't have 8G ram you can't play it perfectly.

• Goliath123%s's Photo

Itd be more to do with the graphics card in relating to not being able to run the game, 8gb of ram will suffice

• 202mitch%s's Photo

game actually looks pretty good.. most youtubers just suck ass at it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThLI8iF4Xgg

• Austin55%s's Photo

there does seem to be some potential with that.

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

If you want to make six flags / cedar fair parks, yes.  Not sure it will be able to offer much for anything beyond that barring a lengthy community investment in custom scenery and terrain mods.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading