Related Games / Roller Coaster Tycoon World announced for PC

• Mattk48%s's Photo

That looks intersting. Best video so far for sure. Still not enough to overturn my earlier comments. If this came out early on in the development phaze I would feel better about it. But this is too little too late IMO

• Top Gun%s's Photo

Alienware did another stream yesterday.  Its archived on their twitch channel (I'm at work and cant link it).  About 30 minutes long and they basically showcased the revamped roller coaster designer.  They have added the traditional piece-by-piece editor to use along with the free form editor.  Nice to see they are atleast trying to listen to the feedback.  The game still looks far from finished to me tho...

• gibbsies%s's Photo

I'm feeling very optimistic about this game personally. This game looks, to me, like what RCT3 should have been. A lot of people are complaining about relying on custom content but that's retarded, since RCT2 has survived almost entirely because of custom content. Do I think this game is gonna be as good as RCT2? Probably not, but that's fine.

• mintliqueur%s's Photo

^On the other hand, LL has also survived, without any custom content, and NSCO RCT2 seems to become more and more popular these days... Also, a lot important CSO objects are generated from RCT2s default pieces and textures. The difference is, the developers of RCTW seem to be using the possibility of custom content as an argument to not develop the game as fully as could (and should, imo) be done. In order for the game to succeed, piece-by-piece building and a proper arsenal of different wall and roof textures and pieces is a must.

On the whole it seems to me like it's turning into a decent game, anyway. I won't really be interested though, it hasn't got the classic RCT/RCT2-feel, mainly due to the 3D graphics. Also, Planet Coaster seems like a better game at this stage. As far as I'm concerned, the future of classic RCT, as in what this site is about, is the OpenRCT2 project. I actually dreamt of doing something just like that thirteen years ago when I was disappointed with the LL features they'd changed or removed from RCT2, and its ridiculous expansions.

• Six Frags%s's Photo

Yeah, I also agree that OpenRCT2 should be the future of what this site is about. There's only a couple of major drawbacks the project has, which is getting all the important 8cars hacks/features to work, like Map Object Manipulation. If I can do the same things in OpenRCT2 as in the original game I'd certainly play it as my main game I think. Especially with the multiplayer functionality it has. Does someone know if there are plans on getting 8cars to work with the game or that the latest build does support it or its functionalities?

• mintliqueur%s's Photo

^As far as I know, it's not possible to get 8cars to work with OpenRCT2, but a lot of people have expressed the desire for the developers to add the same kind of mechanisms to the game. I agree that it's necessary for the project to reach its full potential. It should be possible to do it somehow, I think. I know they've done some work on the "tile inspector" feature to make it include some 8cars-like functionality, but it doesn't seem to be a priority at this stage of development. Currently they seem to be working just to complete the reimplementation of the game, and also to get it running properly on different platforms.

Some nice features already in the game is the resizeable mountaintool available in game, the possibility to have a more LL-like interface, and the ability to access for example the object selection window in game (and not only through the scenario editor).

• Roomie%s's Photo

More issues for this game

It has been noticed that Atari has photoshopped one of the coasters in No Limits 2 (including loops) in it's box art design for Roller Coaster Tycoon World...

From NL2 developer Ride_Op: "We are aware of this issue and have been discussing privately the action we will take. While the Pro license allows use for commercial purposes, it does not allow commercial use to develop a competing product, so this use does violate EULA." ...

This games whole development seems to be a bit of a mess to me. 

12698240_10156623250750533_4576303027770

12662731_10156623250800533_8336081657863

• Louis!%s's Photo

Yeah I saw this earlier.

Apparently there's been no news or contact or anything to do with the game for a while now.

Totally expecting them to run off with people's money and cancel the game.

• G Force%s's Photo
    This tells us two things:
    1. Never preorder or prebuy a game that is more than a few weeks from release
    2. If you did preorder, and trouble comes up in the games development get out as quick as possible.

Anyone who goes and buys this if it does end up. Being released is just falling to the system. The only reason they have kept this alive is because they know that people will buy the game simply due to the title on the box. Their whole goal this whole time was to prey on people's nostalgia for the brand, just like so many things these days.
  • Mattk48%s's Photo

BHAHAHA. I cant believe they stole box art. Marketing failure 

- I don't know if I would play this game for free at this point. Almost insulting to fans of the series.

• Roomie%s's Photo

Well RCTW has been bombing with its new early access on steam especially with the Planet Coaster Alpha being released the same week and being so far ahead of it.

This video sums it up pretty well :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=187&v=rvkGrBzGyyc

• RCTER2%s's Photo

And the price of RCTW is twice then PC. :p I doubt if there will be anyone buy the game?

• Ling%s's Photo

RCTW is $50, PC is $75. The deluxe editions get even more interesting: RCTW is $60, PC is an astonishing $106. Yes, this is in USD, not Australian or Canadian.

• RCTER2%s's Photo

RCTW is $50, PC is $75. The deluxe editions get even more interesting: RCTW is $60, PC is an astonishing $106. Yes, this is in USD, not Australian or Canadian.

RCTW is 54,99€ on steam, Planet Coaster is €26.99, if you don't buy the early bird edition which is €67.99...

• RCTER2%s's Photo

RCTW is 54,99€ on steam, Planet Coaster is €26.99, if you don't buy the early bird edition which is €67.99...

• Ling%s's Photo

Since there's not a price difference for RCTW, the equivalent version is the one that allows you to play it now.

• Top Gun%s's Photo

I have the game and while I find it has some good parts there are also a lot of bad parts.

Good:  

I found the roller coaster designer is much improved from the beta.  The piece by and free form editor work well together.  I still found it somewhat difficult to make anything realistic, but I'm sure with some practice I could get the hang of it.

The game actually ran very smooth on my laptop.  I had almost no frame rate issues.

Bad:

There is no way to stack scenery.  On top of that they have almost no buildings to use.  Instead they have very generic "facades" you can use.  I built a western park and had to use a bunch of the themed stalls in order to make it look somewhat decent.  

Also walls are very annoying to build.  They give you small 1/3 sections and they use no grid system so even making nice fences annoying.

The path system is annoying.  The system is very inconsistent.

You cant change the color of the trains, instead you have to pick from themed trains.

Was hard to get park benches,lamps, and trashcans to actually go on the path.

Overall I am very disappointed with this game.  This game has been in development for what seems like years now and to only have a "Early Access" release is quite unforgivable.  Almost wish they wouldn't have even called it rollercoaster tycoon because they are running the series into the ground at this point.  

4.5/10

Luckily the Planet coaster alpha is good so it gives me some hope of a decent 3D RCT style game.

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Look at the prefab layouts:

http://imgur.com/a/OLJqa#MUUUIrL

This shit is fucking hilarious. I didn't think this game could be worse than my expectations, which were already extremely low. I don't think I could make worse layouts if I tried... I'm truly impressed how someone had the stamina and, in a way, creativity to come up with almost 90 of these... things. I hope this bombs HARD.
  • Faas%s's Photo

Are they even trying?

• bigshootergill%s's Photo

I don't think I could make worse layouts if I tried...
     Not to steal your thunder, but bad coaster layouts are in my wheelhouse Liam! And I don't think I could sleep at night if I built those, the nightmares would be horrendous!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading