General Chat / College Thread

• Faas%s's Photo

Human geography. And do it at UU.

• Louis!%s's Photo

fuck geography

• Lotte%s's Photo

my dad actually has two friends who studied geography, one of them works in IT and the other brews beer. to be honest i'd most likely go and try to get a job at Fugro/Shell/Exxon Mobil then, they need geographists right?

• Dr_Dude%s's Photo

foun out a couple of days ago ill be going to UT Austin in the spring

• Austin55%s's Photo

^ That's a good one :)

• robbie92%s's Photo

One more semester and I'm home free. Still terrified of adulthood, though.

• inthemanual%s's Photo

One more semester and I'm home free. Still terrified of adulthood, though.

I'm in the same boat. 

• Cocoa%s's Photo

currently trying to figure out how the fuck to enrol in courses at university of sydney... physics and math. confusing stuff on a shitty website though :p

• Hepta%s's Photo

I'm in the same boat. 

Graduated in May. 2 things: 

1. Not having to go to class/spend time writing papers/ etc. is amazing. 

2. Somehow though, it only gets harder and harder. Enjoy the several month after you finish!

• posix%s's Photo

I enjoyed my uni years, but I don't want the work side of them back. You have to find a job you love and that doesn't consume all your time still.

• MorganFan%s's Photo
    Good news! I got into CO School of Mines! Not my top school but it's my first acceptance letter so I'll take it.
  • SupremeScreamer%s's Photo

Universities are about networking just as much as the education piece.  For those who are either entering college or are currently in college, I would highly recommend doing as many internships as you can handle.  Internships are great because you get school credit and job experience.. killing two birds with one stone.  When you graduate in the spring (with hundreds of thousands other people in your region) everyone will be applying for jobs at the same time and you'll have a competitive advantage over the people who only took classes.

• Coupon%s's Photo

got a likely letter from notre dame today.

new safety school haha

• csw%s's Photo
    Take it from me, there is no place on this earth more boring than Indiana.

But if you do go there, come visit me in West LaLa.
  • Coupon%s's Photo

the fuck is west lala

• RCT2day%s's Photo

got a likely letter from notre dame today.

new safety school haha

Hey, that's where I am!  Hit me up if you wanna talk about it.  I'm a freshman engineer.

Take it from me, there is no place on this earth more boring than Indiana.

But if you do go there, come visit me in West LaLa.

Yeah, what is West Lala?  And I can confirm Indiana is boring but the campus life is awesome.  Especially during football season.

• csw%s's Photo
    Purdue. West Lafayette. Sorry.

I bet Notre Dame football season is pretty cool...Purdue sports kinda suck though so
  • MorganFan%s's Photo

Hey I applied to Purdue! Still waiting to hear from them.

Anyway I'm on the wait list for UT. That means I'm part of a 200-person bubble out of 43,000 who applied, so I'd say my odds are pretty good, although I don't know where I stand within the 200. If I don't hear from UT before the Colorado School of Mines deadline though, I'll be going to mines. It's too risky.

• Louis!%s's Photo

Come to NTU! Great uni!

• G Force%s's Photo

Currently at The University of Cincinnati studying Chemical Engineering, first year.  Located less than 30mins for Kings Island, however, the lack of a car has kept me from visiting, but that shouldn't be a problem in a year or two.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading