General Chat / College Thread

• Coupon%s's Photo

liam its just all the classes that we have to take to fulfill degree requirements. since im a freshman, my classes are mainly the prerequisites for other classes in my degree field, and the classes that i will take in the coming years will be more degree-area based instead of more general-studies based.

• RCT2day%s's Photo

^G, you're probably right.  That's what I had.  

Freshman year is easy, enjoy it while you can.  Sophomore year has been much tougher than last year for me.  I've learned 4 new programming languages in the last two months in one class, and there are still 4 more to go.

• Austin55%s's Photo

Same here, Sophmore was a bitch.

• csw%s's Photo

Looking at my schedule for next semester, I can already tell this semester is way easier lol 

• Lotte%s's Photo

liam its just all the classes that we have to take to fulfill degree requirements. 

That also explains why it's possible to do a "double major" in the US

Also, how do Graduate/Master's degrees work in the US? Any major differences compared to those offered in Europe? I'm currently considering [removed: wasting $50K] getting my master's at a US university

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    Yeah im definitely on the "how does anyone have time boat". If you throw in a couple of extracurriculars or a job you're done :p

Still having fun tho, just finished my first real scientific report which feels good
  • Faas%s's Photo

My experiences are totally different. Getting my bachelors and masters degree cost me about on average not more than ten hours per week, with weeks where I only spent a few hours, and weeks where I spent about 25/30 (thesis).

• Sephiroth%s's Photo

This thread brings back painful memories of extended periods of sleep deprivation....

• djbrcace1234%s's Photo

So it looks like after a year of not being in school, I'm going back to get my Master's in ABA therapy at Ball State. It will be my first time doing online courses, so hopefully it's not too daunting.

• Coupon%s's Photo

How's everyone's semester going? 
    It's interesting to look back on this thread and it'd be nice to see how school has been going for y'all. For me, I'm now in my 3rd year of Electrical Engineering, and I overloaded my schedule these last few semesters to finish the major a year early, so hopefully I should have time senior year to play RCT haha. 

• G Force%s's Photo

I have 5 exams in the next week.  Terrible.

• Coupon%s's Photo

why are you on ne right now then lol

• G Force%s's Photo

Because I was doing school work from 12-8 and I wanted to take a break.

• pierrot%s's Photo

I'm double majoring in textile art and fine art. It's getting tougher every year but I don't regret it.

• Louis!%s's Photo

Textile art is fantastic! Wish I had gone down that route.

• saxman1089%s's Photo

I have 5 exams in the next week.  Terrible.

Good luck with that. Those types of weeks are absolutely terrible.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo

surely these schools must realise all the exams suffer when theyre clumped up

• Jaguar%s's Photo
    I agree... It's fucked that everything gets shoved in our faces during the last two weeks.

Also, I have a grad school application that requires a creative portfolio... dumb question but can I show via lactea and a few other things as extras so my portfolio isn't just a bunch of maps and cartography things or no?
  • G Force%s's Photo
    Is annoying sure, but I don't know what else they can really do. A nessesary evil honestly.
  • Coupon%s's Photo

so i'm nearing the end of my undergrad years and was contemplating getting a masters degree... for those of yall that have gotten a masters, was it worth it? the high cost seems like a downside but it seems like a lot of jobs are starting to require a masters degree in addition to a bachelors. 

EDIT: for engineering

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading