General Chat / College Thread

• Xeccah%s's Photo

FUCKING LOL

• Faas%s's Photo

Why would the police want to stop you from drinking? 

• Louis!%s's Photo
    Because they're under 21 which is the legal age for drinking in America.

"like omgz we were drinking and then like we got drunk and then like omgz it was like so funny guize"
  • Faas%s's Photo

I keep forgetting how ridiculously high that age is. 

This would mean I wasn't legally allowed to drink during all four years of my bachelor's at university, and therefore also mean it would have taken me only three years instead of four.  

• Lotte%s's Photo

I'll have to apply to a university soon, It's probably going to be the University of Rotterdam for me. Not really as exciting as Amsterdam or Utrecht but it's going to be better for my future career and Rotterdam isn't as bad as it used to be in terms of fun factor.

• inthemanual%s's Photo
    It's not even the drinking age, public drinking is illegal in a lot of places in America.
  • G Force%s's Photo
    America: the land of no fun drinking laws and RCT builders.
  • Coupon%s's Photo

rice goes hard on sundays omg. even the ra's drink with the students here

• wheres_walto%s's Photo

First day of classes at OSU today, already over it

• Lotte%s's Photo

Gonna sign up for the TOEFL (test of english language proficiency) test tomorrow, I'm hoping to get a score somewhere around 100-110 out of 120. The results will be a very important factor in deciding wether I get admitted into my university of choice, so wish me luck :p

• Austin55%s's Photo

Was really hoping Rice would beat UT.

• Lotte%s's Photo

just took the TOEFL. It went better than I expected in most cases, but I made minor mistakes in some. I expect my score to be somewhere around 90-110, hopefully above 100 because that would mean that I can apply to pretty much any major European business school.

• MorganFan%s's Photo

Meet your NUest member

(for clarity, Sigma Nu at Mines is waaayyyyyy different than this)

• SlayMeGaga%s's Photo

I'm loving college aside from the shit ton of homework. Literally have so much to do for my photography assignment and art history class. Which I wish I took in high school, but like no one at my school really did well on the AP test since the teacher was shit. :/

• Lotte%s's Photo

I got a score of 111/120 for my TOEFL ibt :D (it's an english language proficiency test)

30 in reading, 27 in listening, 27 in speaking, 27 in writing

for reference, the highest demanded score by any university is a 110 by Oxford (my grades aren't good enough for oxford though, I'm afraid :()

• Coupon%s's Photo

holy shit i really underestimated college guys. im taking like math, physics, chem, and coding at the same time and i dont get how people still have time for games lol

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Physics, math, chemistry and coding at the same time? I don't really get how the American system works. This sounds like high school, with all the different subjects and stuff.
  • Louis!%s's Photo

It's just how their degree is broken up. They pick a major and a minor and then its all split up into classes, I think.

Ours is similar in that we have modules (classes) but they aren't broad and are taught collectively. For example, I take Studio (Design), Context (History), Technology (Engineering) & Professional Practice (Business), but they are all linked to each other and are all centred around the same subject of Architecture.

So yeah, the American system is weird.

• Austin55%s's Photo

Maybe you guys are the weird ones. Weirdos. 

• G Force%s's Photo
    I'm assuming Coups mean he has, Gen Chemistry, Physics and Calculus or Diff Equ. He probably just simplified the names so us pesenants can understand his top tier Rice education.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading