General Chat / What Do You Do?

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

The last few concept art pieces, are those traditional or digital?

And RCTNW that's just wicked cool.

The larger shenandoah one is traditional with the figures overlayed digitally; the rest are digital.

Shogo, MA is/was a social worker.

• ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo

I do lots of things, rather than rct nowadays....

I work for the queen :p In her majesty's Royal Mail. I work in the biggest mail centre in Scotland and the 4th largest in the UK which is: Glasgow mail centre. Most nights we sort over 150,000 parcels and that's just parcels. Literally about 1million letters go the through the machines also on the busiest day of the year which is the week before christmas 4 1/2 to 5 million letters go through this one centre. The work NEVER ends.

Depending on the hours I work. I play 5-aside football with some friends from work and some i've known since my school days, Most nights after work as there is a facility 2 minutes from where I work, of course if I finish work at 6am. I wont be going to play football so its mostly during the week and the summer time, Its too cold to play when the temperature is barely above freezing, Like right now...

Most weekends IF i'm not doing overtime, I go out and enjoy myself in the city centre, pubs,clubs, all the usual.

You guys here that don't have a full-time job yet/are at college, Enjoy it because when you're working 5 days a week and when you finish and can't really be bothered doing anything else and really the only 'real' spare time you have to socialize is at the weekends. You'll miss your days at college when you might only be in class for a few hours per day and get to do "what you want"

"Welcome to the real world" 

• Xeccah%s's Photo

i drew my avatar today

• Kumba%s's Photo

Pimp.

• MorganFan%s's Photo

Last year in high school. Got some tough decisions ahead but I'm not that worried. I'd like to do some mechanical engineering, and I've done 4 years of high school level engineering classes. Currently I'm in an engineering design and development class, in which my group is creating a new type of restraint for roller coasters. I'm pretty excited.

• SSSammy%s's Photo

I work 2 days in a guitar shop and 4 days in a 6th form college as a music technician. I work lots.

• MCI%s's Photo

After finishing school in 2012 I worked in something like a Kindergarten (Basicly we had a Kindergarten, a day nursery and a place for schoolkids to do their homework, get lunch and play all in one building. I worked mainly with the schoolkids but helped the other groups while "my" kids were in school). That was honestly the best time in my life so far, although I never wanted to work in that direction like for the rest of my life. After that I started studying computer science (originaly I wanted to do geographie, but I somehow missed the deadline) but that didn´t go that well and I stopped studying after half a year. Since I had half a year left until I could start studying again I worked in a local Amusement Park (Holiday Park, Germany) for that period of time. A little bit like you nin, scratching it from my bucketlist. It was worth the expirience, but to be honest it just sucked. I´m not complaining about the amount of work or something, It was just the way Plopsa treats their employes that really drove me crazy.

After the Plopsa-Experience I moved from Heidelberg to Trier (2h car-ride, +/- 24h train) and now I´m finally studying geographie here in Trier :)

Besides playing rct, having the rct-related youtube-channel and visiting themeparks as often as my money allows it, I played basketball for nearly ten years and played the trumpet for even longer. But I stopped playing basketball after a row of injuries (I fell so far behind my teammates, I just completly lost interest in playing the game with them) and stopped playing the trumpet because ... well that´s a very long story.

Today I´m a big fan of the WRC Drivers Kris Meeke and Jari-Matti Latvala (WRC=World Rallye Championchip), watching every round of the championchip in the internet (they dont have a TV deal here in Germany -.-). I´m also a big Fan of the EU/LCS (League of Legends e-sport) teams Fnatic and Elements. And finally I love watching NBA, although I dont have a favorite team (I just really hate the Nets)

• AvanineCommuter%s's Photo
    Graduated from Brown University 2012 with a background in Art History, now mid-way through a Master in Architecture at Harvard GSD. Looking to live / work in NYC or Paris after graduating.

I love art and sculpture, and if it weren't for architecture I would be a visual installation artist. 

This is an old portfolio of works from undergrad that I used to apply to grad school. It has some really not so great architecture - based work and sculpture / installations that I did while in college. It hasn't been updated with current work yet!

http://issuu.com/ava...lio-final-print
  • Steve%s's Photo

Damn, Avanine, good stuff. And, maybe I'm just missing something, but Harvard as in Boston?

Thanks man, and yeah in Cambridge. Are you a Bostonian?

• Steve%s's Photo
    I live a few minutes outside Boston, yeah. Haha, crazy.
  • Austin55%s's Photo

We have some pretty fantastic talent on these boards. Some folks are doing amazing things. There is a trend of most of us being artists for sure. 

That's awesome, where are you at? I've barely explored Boston but I have looked at the T map enough to have a general sense of where everything is haha.
  • Steve%s's Photo

That's awesome, where are you at? I've barely explored Boston but I have looked at the T map enough to have a general sense of where everything is haha.

If you took the train, the best way to get to me would be the Quincy Center stop on the Red Line, haha. Small world. NE Boston meet up!

Oh nice, I'd totally be down! Are there other Bostonians around? 

• inthemanual%s's Photo

I'm in New York, but I'll may be in Boston for a short bit this spring.

we should do a boston meetup when you're in town inthemanual! I might be in NYC for the summer actually, there are a lot of internships there that may / may not happen.

• Twiggy%s's Photo

Kind of a bump and kind of my first post in about a year or two, but thought I'd spill my teenaged thoughts.

I'm a junior in high school starting my college search. My early ideas have been NC State, Clemson, UNC Charlotte, and Tennessee. This Friday I'm going on a tour of UT, and next Friday is a Clemson tour. Tennessee seems really compelling but I'll have to see after my tour.

As for a degree, I haven't totally decided what I want to get into. For the longest time I was dead set on mechanical engineering, but the past few months I've been tossing around the idea of something with geology or marine biology or any biology really. What's been difficult is trying to see what I'll enjoy doing years from now as a possible career. Many of my family and friends say that I should do something that pleases the logical and creative parts of my brain, since I dabble in art and sciencey stuff. But I think I'll make the right decision when the time comes.

The rest of my life includes baseball and work and Netflix, really. I haven't been around here or RCT in a while, but I feel like this place is always in the back of my brain. Although I was never a huge part of this community, the time spent watching various members' streams and the few discussions I had on here are fond memories. You all on here are awesome people who do awesome things both in game and in life. Keep doing what you all do, and Godspeed.

• macncheezburger%s's Photo

I'd love to do something art-related in my career, but no way am I skillful enough for that. I almost did leave my career for art haha but I'm glad I didn't. For me, art will stay as a hobby. :/ 

Anyhoo - I work as a paralegal. For those who don't know what that is, I'm an assistant to a lawyer. Right now I'm involved in workers' comp so it's all new and exciting for me. The atmosphere of the office is fantastic and I fell head over heels for this job within the first week. Let's hope I make it past 3 months. xD 

Also, side note: Twiggy, my sister works as a mechanical engineer and she loves it. However, she works a lot of 6 or 7 day weeks (so I guess sometimes 12,13 day weeks??) but she works for a pretty big company. She works hard and it shows. A lot of math and schoolwork obviously when working toward the degree, but it's worth it. I think mech engineers will always have a job position for them. However, if you do something else, that's fine too :D Like you said, you'll make the right decision for you when the time comes, whether your heart goes toward biology or engineering, you'll be happy. 

• Dr_Dude%s's Photo

i do stand up in austin texas and i guess im at school but i dont plan on finishing 

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading