H2H7 / [H2H7 Round 2 Match 2] - The Rat Pack vs Heaven's Atlas

• Dirk Pitt%s's Photo

For those people who don't have LL, for god's sake, D/l it from Steam or GOG. They're 6 bucks. I really hope most of you can afford 6 bucks or have some begging abilities to have your parent pay 6 bucks for you for a game they are all likely to know you play so much! Just tell them it's a "New" game or a "expansion."

• Version1%s's Photo

Isn't it also bad to buy LL and try to judge the first "professional" park you have ever seen against a game that you are familiar with?

• Maverix%s's Photo

[ntamin22' timestamp='1430436172' post='668206']

#boats

#andhoes

• Xeccah%s's Photo

b6d5f58f06e8c83d4a4e71e0b0f66276.png

fantastic.

• Cocoa%s's Photo

Heaven's Atlas.... this may be my favorite park of all time, ever. Its actually perfect.

First of all, I am in love with the atlas pages concept. If all of the parks are themed/structured this way... that is a perfect team. A perfect concept. I can't believe its never been done before... so brilliant. And you choose such interesting and different material too! I've never seen parks with these themes or styles before (at least not at this level).

I think its really quite easy to guess at least one of the workers on this park, his style is unique (as is his bench :p). Its fantastic as always... better than always, actually.

Layout: brilliant fucking idea. Love it. Its got history, depth, aesthetic value, damn. The cape of good hope could be considered 'boring' but I think the Indian continent is so busy its an important rest from that. The journey the peeps take is fucking awesome too, brilliant. The Portuguese town has brilliant archy, atmosphere, details, like the burning ride. Beautifully done. The excitement is actually palpable as you open the park there and slowly follow the boats along (don't zoom out immediately!)

Now the meat: India. I've never really seen this done before (maybe a bit, but not at this level). The foliage and landscaping is astounding. The architecture is perfect. Invert colors are spot on, layout has beautiful interaction, everything is peepable. I've never been to india, but it feels right. Thats hard. Also full of details, everywhere you look. karma has two sides, untouchables village, dump in the ganges, etc etc. The center bit is full of atmosphere and excitement. The white palace is fucking bright, but I'm sure its like that IRL. Your bank of inspiration photos must be amazing, I'd love to see it afterwards :)

Once again, fantastic interaction everywhere, stunning work. Even the little details like the riverboat docks on the left river are just beautiful.

This is how a park should be. 10/10/10 from cocoa. Although I never vote 100%, so you're getting 95 :D

I reckon I will be checking this park out every day in awe, finding new things to love. You took what made tenochtitlan my favorite of r1 and upped it 10 times over.

If you follow this pages of the atlas thing for the next weeks... I'm incredibly excited. You're looking at a perfect season.

I'll review the other one later, I have to go now. and anyways, it wouldn't be fair following that endless praise haha

• GammaZero%s's Photo

For those people who don't have LL, for god's sake, D/l it from Steam or GOG. They're 6 bucks. I really hope most of you can afford 6 bucks or have some begging abilities to have your parent pay 6 bucks for you for a game they are all likely to know you play so much! Just tell them it's a "New" game or a "expansion."

Well, what of those who have the game and can't get the patches to work? (me)
  • bigshootergill%s's Photo

I won't vote on this one, but I might consider getting LL, but we'll see. Either way I'm looking forward to the full map after it goes to accolade voting. LL isn't my thing, but I do appreciate that hard work that goes into some of these parks, especially when it's combined efforts for H2H.

So here's my review is on HA's park:

- First off, the themeing of Maharaja is amazing. It's so awesome. That little courtyard in the middle of the whole thing is just a brilliant touch. :) And layout of Maharaja is great, with beautiful architecture around the lift hill, and then to have the first drop just tip off the edge of the balcony is stellar.
    - The subtle incorporation of the waterfalls are such an important aspect that makes this park brilliant, but you don't really notice them, but they're just so lovely! Excellent touch! ;)
    - Great transport boat that travels around the Holy Cow blocking the pathway. Brilliant again! :D
    - Monsoon layout finds a nice balance between water ride and coaster. Good speed in certain areas, but slow enough to soak up the breathtaking design of the entire temple. Plus the largest drop from the top of the temple, with those gardens placed on the side is brilliant piece of craftsmanship.
    - The foliage all around the Indian section is worth the time to really examine. Each leaf, branch, tree, plant seems to have been placed with perfection. :o
    - Golf course glitching is annoying :(
    - I love how the elevator is designed for high class, middle class, and lower class.
    - Varanasi has an awesome batwing! But again the variety of themes on one ride are by no means overwhelming, but add so much to this amazing park. Paying such close attention to details makes each ride on the coaster worth going on over and over again!
    - The tour boats of Carreira da Índia bring riders from Portugal, around the tip of Africa, where they get off on the ship, other riders board for a trip back. What a great way to move peeps from one end of the map to the other. ;)
    - I have to agree with Cocoa that Good Hope is refreshing break from the outer reaches of the park, boasting a great coaster and very realistic landscaping.
    - This park gets away with using so much brown and makes it look great. That takes a ton of skill.
  • Turtle%s's Photo

can someone help me? got a new laptop and don't have RCT2 disk, or even a disk drive actually... how to get RCT to run?

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    Download it from gog.com

It works perfectly with all trainers etc, and is cheap
  • Dirk Pitt%s's Photo

Well, what of those who have the game and can't get the patches to work? (me)

Where did you download it from? I downloaded mine from GOG and I have the patch working,

http://www.reddit.co...s_reuploaded_1/

Download the RCT file from GOG, do not open RCT, download this (see attached),

Attached File  GOG to Awesome.7z (25.37MB)
    downloads: 164

Extract the rar file

Run Setup 1

Run Setup 2

Download the drexler patch,

Install the patch, 

Run RCTLL normally and tada.

PM me if you have issues.

• Dirk Pitt%s's Photo

can someone help me? got a new laptop and don't have RCT2 disk, or even a disk drive actually... how to get RCT to run?

Download it from GOG or Steam, they don't require CD to run and if you ever get a new computer or your HD fails in the future, it'll always be there to download again. 
  • Roomie%s's Photo

How can so many people here not own LL?

It's like claiming your a Star Wars fan but you've never seen A New Hope. 

• Six Frags%s's Photo

I think I'll go with the LLL steampunk park, because it was cool, inventive, eventful, well thought out and refreshing while the Indian park was fun, adventurous and atmospheric but has an horrible overuse of that LotR rock and a weird map layout.

• dr dirt%s's Photo

How can so many people here not own LL?

It's like claiming your a Star Wars fan but you've never seen A New Hope. 

Cmon LL is more of a Return of the Jedi..
  • dr dirt%s's Photo

I think I'll go with the LLL steampunk park, because it was cool, inventive, eventful, well thought out and refreshing while the Indian park was fun, adventurous and atmospheric but has an horrible overuse of that LotR rock and a weird map layout.

But but I thought it was just the Cjk roofs
  • G Force%s's Photo
    Cmon LL is more of a Return of the Jedi..

LL is definitely a New Hope (OG) with RCT2 being Empire (the best) and RCT3 is Return of the Jedi (the ugly one).

• dr dirt%s's Photo

LL is definitely a New Hope (OG) with RCT2 being Empire (the best) and RCT3 is Return of the Jedi (the ugly one).

I was doing more of a flat rct = New Hope.. CF = Empire strikes back.. Ll = Return of the badasses. But yeah.. That's just chronologicall.
  • djbrcace1234%s's Photo

:D

But seriously, SixFrags, It really gets old when your main criticism in parks and looking the other way at other parks is just on object choice. Its redundant, We get it. 

I've only looked at Heaven's park currently because I have yet to re-install LL on my new computer. I'm excited to see it.

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    Im also surprised at the ll rates... come on its dirt cheap and it comes withe the ability to view twice as many awesome and historical parks in the db... No excuses. Plus its fun to build in sometimes :)
  • Six Frags%s's Photo

:D

But seriously, SixFrags, It really gets old when your main criticism in parks and looking the other way at other parks is just on object choice. Its redundant, We get it.

These are just 2 objects that annoy me, but maybe it's better to say imported/copied objects from other games that were designed in another graphics engine and thus don't look right in rct2. It's just my opinion though, and I'll keep repeating it untill everyone uses objects with textures made by either Chris Sawyer, Amazing Earl or Toon :p
    And there wasn't any other real criticism I could give though in the Indian park, so that's a good thing? Just see it as a positive I guess :)

Oh, and I've downloaded a portable version of RCT1LL a while ago. It's free, works with all the trainers and patches and you're able to see all the LL goodness. Just takes a minute to find it ;)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading