H2H7 / [H2H7 Round 2 Match 2] - The Rat Pack vs Heaven's Atlas

• Cocoa%s's Photo

I feel like no one gets carreira like I do, so I made a little things

Attached Image: india little thigns.JPG

so lovely.

• Stoksy%s's Photo

Agree with Rob based on first impressions. Obviously can't vote but I'll get a review up after voting on the first matchup.

Awesome job with the unique blacktiling, storytelling mechanic was new and interesting if perhaps not quite accomplishing its objective as well as possible in my opinion.

• Roomie%s's Photo

Cocoa I genuinely don't see what you see in those pictures. The statures are cool on the top spin but that waterfall on the right looks terrible in my opinion. I'm assuming that those are what people call LOTR rocks?

The rest just looks standard to me. 

Now I'm not saying the park doesn't deserve to win that's for the people to decide. I'm just saying I don't get the love :p

• Austin55%s's Photo
    I'm confused to, its a fantastic park, but I don't see how its anything beyond that really. So far I prefer Teno more.

Also, 50 votes, but only 14 worked. That's a lot of null.
  • Stoksy%s's Photo

^RCT2 v RCTLL will do that...

• Cocoa%s's Photo

Thats a depressingly low LL turnout... way less than what I expected. There are seriously 14 active people on this site (well, 17, someone had to make the ratpack park) that own LL?? thats ridiculous... makes me not want to work in LL again if no one can even see it! I don't get it, it would take someone like 15 minutes and 2 dollars to install.

• nin%s's Photo
    People are lazy, Cocoa. That said, I'll be installing my copy of LL tonight :p

Like a few others have said, I don't get the hype surrounding HA's park. It's great, and I really do like it, but nothing stands out to me. I feel more impressed by Teno as well.
  • Version1%s's Photo

Plus it's just strange. I'm not interestet at all in LL Parks, so why should I install the game, get it working and then vote for RCT2 anyway because I'm biased.

• Austin55%s's Photo

Full and expanded thoughts on Carreira.

Basic idea is really cool. Portugal/Spain/Ibera is really well done, solid architecture there, the highlight being the fortress in the water .Including the Cape was such a fun and cool idea, really made the journey feel more exciting. Loved the Penguin team. The coaster layout was fun aswell, the first drop especially. The ship I did'nt quite like as much as Teno's, but the sail mural was really nice. I love how the ocean becomes a river, there's no grand entrance or anything, but mystery to it. You have the option which way to go. Ganesha is an excellent flat, like Cocoa had brought up, great scenery. The inverts immelman over and under the river is a great bit of interaction, along with the waterfall and the woodies dramatic turns on the landscaping above. The invert layout was pretty solid, loved nearly all of it except the return to the station after the batwing, the helix in particular was awfully quick, but the zero g is placed really well, loved the first drop, etc. Parts of that area did feel very cornered off though, including Karma and Untouchables. The architecture on the river branch is pretty well done, love the steps to the river and whatnot. The archy around "Caste System" was my favorite for sure. The leveling is great. Going on to the wooden coaster, which was my favorite. Probably my favorite coaster in h2h thus far. Just really well done. The landscaping is great on the whole, all the waterfalls and whatnot, is nice, but I do think the lotr rocks are overused. The watercoaster is ok to. It's impressive and enjoyable you crammed 4 full coaster layouts in here, love that. 

I for sure like the park, probably and 75-80% for me.

• Roomie%s's Photo

Plus it's just strange. I'm not interestet at all in LL Parks, so why should I install the game, get it working and then vote for RCT2 anyway because I'm biased.

Now that is depressing. Care to state why you dont care for LL at all? 

• csw%s's Photo

I've counted 6 reviews for India and 2 for Battle for NE...pretty depressing as well. 

I guess I'm just baffled that LL is/used to be such an integral part of NE and now less than 20% of its members don't have it installed. 

• wheres_walto%s's Photo

I can't speak for everyone, but I just don't have a first-hand appreciation of the effort it takes to make high quality parks in LL.  My understanding is that it takes hacks to make just about anything, but the end results to me never look nearly as good as is possible in RCT2 because of the breadth of custom scenery available.  I can't appreciate it, and likely never will at this point, so it's just easier to allow those with an appreciation for both to vote while I just evaluate the parks I can understand as a builder.

• Poke%s's Photo

LL is dying...

• Liampie%s's Photo
    LL has been dying for ten years now. Stop being such drama queens, the poll hasn't even been live for 24 hours yet.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Wacky worlds and Time Twister is dying to.
  • wheres_walto%s's Photo

It's felt at times like NE was dying, yet here we are in 2015 in the middle of H2H7 with both RCT2 and LL parks being released at the highest quality we've ever seen.  I think it'll be okay

• FredD%s's Photo

Now that is depressing. Care to state why you dont care for LL at all? 

I feel the same way as Version1. I have a disc (only bought it a year ago or so) of LL but that game and those parks just don't appeal to me. Because there are way more opportunities to build more in RCT2. There are less building limits in RCT2 than in LL. That's just my opinion why I can't enjoy LL, just a matter of taste.  

• RCTER2%s's Photo

Why LL?

Because LL have a graphic similar to but not the same at all as rct2. 

LL has some function rct2 don't have. 

It has a nolstalgic feeling which rct2 don't have. If you havn't played LL 10 years ago then you can't get the feeling and it may just be a backwad version of rct2

• Louis!%s's Photo

I understand that people don't like LL, that is not an issue, the issue is that why would someone go out of there way to install the game they don't like just to be able to vote for the other park built in the game they do like?

It isn't an acceptable way of voting and is really pushing it.

• Dirk Pitt%s's Photo

Because there are way more opportunities to build more in RCT2. There are less building limits in RCT2 than in LL. That's just my opinion why I can't enjoy LL, just a matter of taste.  

One could argue that spurs creativity in LL, since there are obstacles and barriers to overcome, one has to be creative to defeat.

Which is why when an LL park looks like an vanilla RCT2, you know they did a whole bunch of hacking to actually achieve this feast. Go create an vanilla LL park with minimal hacking, and compare it to a RCT2 park, you will see the difference. Now open up a LL park that looks like a RCT2 vanilla park and compare it to the other minimal hacked LL park, you will see the huge difference between the two parks. To actually make LL feel like a vanilla RCT2 park is a accomplishment in itself in my opinion. It requires a lot of effort and work to actually achieve, and hours of work. 

To create the coal mine, must taken them at least 4 hours if not, more what you can do in RCT2 in 30 minute, that takes commitment and dedication that an LL'er can appreciate. LL makes RCT2 feel like instant gratification.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading