H2H7 / [H2H7 Round 2 Match 2] - The Rat Pack vs Heaven's Atlas

• FredD%s's Photo

Im not saying LL players are worthless or the game is shit. Only a matter of taste and you can't discuss taste ;)  As Louis said, I could open the park but since I'm not into LL I wouldn't be able to rate it fair. So I don't (besides that it's a match from my team, not allowed to vote anyway but yeah, think I've made my point).

• SSSammy%s's Photo

To create the coal mine, must taken them at least 4 hours if not, more what you can do in RCT2 in 30 minute, that takes commitment and dedication that an LL'er can appreciate. LL makes RCT2 feel like instant gratification.

to compare it to my native language, music:

when playing LL, its like getting all your equipment out, mic'ing up your drums and amps and recording a song from scratch. there's a sense of creativity and achievement that you just don't get otherwise.

Where in rct 2, you go into a loop archive and select some music some other guy recorded to make your song.

yes, it takes a lot of effort to achieve something which you can wap together in 30 seconds in rct2, but that's not what it's about. why don't you just draw a picture of your architecture and rollercoasters and cut out little trains to go around them? surely that would be quicker and you'd be unrestricted by the limitations of the game?

of course, i love both games so i aint hatin, just giving the other perspective.

• Version1%s's Photo

I understand that people don't like LL, that is not an issue, the issue is that why would someone go out of there way to install the game they don't like just to be able to vote for the other park built in the game they do like?

Well, it sometimes seems like people are promoting this behaviour. The only LL Park I've ever seen in game was Pebbles In The Sky in the last Head 2 Head. I had no interest in looking at other LL Parks since then and I doubt I will ever have. Some guys here say, that it's not that hard to install LL and vote, but what's the point for me? I will just vote for RCT2 because I like the style more and it usually just looks better.

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Pebbles in the Sky is a terrible example of what makes LL such a beautiful different game. It's one of the worst parks you could've used to base your opinion on.
  • G Force%s's Photo
    Lol
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    Yeah I listened to maxwells silver hammer by the Beatles and I decided that they aren't worth listening to
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    I love that song, its always stuck in my head
  • Version1%s's Photo

I also saw a lot of screens that I didn't like. It's not like I've heard a rock song and now don't like rock. It's more like I heard a rock song and noticed I don't like electrical guitars (hypothetical speaking)

• inthemanual%s's Photo

Please don't post overviews. 

• bigshootergill%s's Photo

So nice to have an overview of the park, even if it's a smaller version. I love those hot air balloons, very smart construction! The battleships look great too. Well done Rat Pack, a sweet sweet LL park.

• Otsdarva%s's Photo

In that case are screenshots acceptable? It was meant for people who don't have LL or can't get the patch to work.

• inthemanual%s's Photo

They're fine after the voting period, and we'll be providing an overview then. A collection of small screens like in cocoa's "little things" post above would be OK as well. We are avoiding overviews for this contest, until voting on each match is over, to force people to open both parks in game before voting.

• Otsdarva%s's Photo

Ok, that's understandable. My bad.

• AvanineCommuter%s's Photo

Well, it sometimes seems like people are promoting this behaviour. The only LL Park I've ever seen in game was Pebbles In The Sky in the last Head 2 Head. I had no interest in looking at other LL Parks since then and I doubt I will ever have. Some guys here say, that it's not that hard to install LL and vote, but what's the point for me? I will just vote for RCT2 because I like the style more and it usually just looks better.

So you'd rather vote for that unfinished Harry Potter park over Siege of Jerusalem because RCT2>LL no matter what? Yeah, that's idiotic. You'd be surprised at how impressive and immersive LL can get, especially considering all the restrictions there are.

• Roomie%s's Photo

I feel the same way as Version1. I have a disc (only bought it a year ago or so) of LL but that game and those parks just don't appeal to me. Because there are way more opportunities to build more in RCT2. There are less building limits in RCT2 than in LL. That's just my opinion why I can't enjoy LL, just a matter of taste.  

Interesting. I see the games the other way round. To me building in RCT2 is boring. There's no challenge. How do I make this type of ride or structure? Oh I'll just get someone to make an object that will help. 

I much prefer the challenge of having limits and having to think round them with creative design.

However. Having said that I'm aware of what makes a good park in RCT2 and it wouldn't stop me voting on a worthy park just because I think it would look better in LL that's just dumb. 

• FredD%s's Photo

I just feel because I don't have experience with LL and clearly it isn't my taste, I can't rate it the same way I do with a RCT2 park. And that's not honest for the LL-players, so I think it's fair not to vote in my case. I don't hate LL or so, it's not my taste. In the end, it's whatever floats your boat.

• Sulakke%s's Photo

Can we stop with this discussion and just focus on the content of both parks? Six pages and like two reviews of New Elementia? Come on...

• Roomie%s's Photo

Why can't we have both?

I agree we need more reviews though, put your money where you mouth is :p

• Version1%s's Photo

So you'd rather vote for that unfinished Harry Potter park over Siege of Jerusalem because RCT2>LL no matter what? Yeah, that's idiotic. You'd be surprised at how impressive and immersive LL can get, especially considering all the restrictions there are.

I would have obviously voted for the finished park because that's almost more important. I have to say, the LL community doesn't have the greatest arguments here. It's just like "LL is harder!" which I don't give a damn about. RCT2 parks just usually look better.

• PizzaWurscht%s's Photo

I would have obviously voted for the finished park because that's almost more important. I have to say, the LL community doesn't have the greatest arguments here. It's just like "LL is harder!" which I don't give a damn about. RCT2 parks just usually look better.

I love LL. I haven`t got it , but sometimes its so epic to see what people do with a handful of options. Also there are so many <90% rated LL screens.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading