H2H7 / [H2H7 Round 2 Match 2] - The Rat Pack vs Heaven's Atlas

• Liampie%s's Photo
    We have enough LL-RCT2 debate to check the bingo box now, so you can all shut up. That's an official order.
  • Louis!%s's Photo

the LL community doesn't have the greatest arguments here. It's just like "LL is harder!"

I don't think anyone ever said that. LL is damn easy.

• BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    I agree that ll is harder but i sometimes feel some people that play ll score screens higher because of the skill it took to hack and create opposed to rct2 rather the aesthetic quality of it...

I have to say i can't open the ll park as of now because it doesn't run on my Computer at the moment but i have to say the screen with the zeppelin looks freaking awesome
  • MCI%s's Photo

A little late, but better late than never I guess... :)

My Laptop doesn´t like LL so I had to wait till I got home again before I could record this.

https://www.youtube....ch?v=ZFycjowpMG

Great parks! I understand the idea of a battle requieres explosions, but as I said in the video it was just one or two explosions to much for me. The LL vs. RcT2 debate aside, I liked both parks a lot and it was a difficult choice for me. In the end I liked the HA park a bit more.

• inthemanual%s's Photo

Voting Closed

Heaven's Atlas beat Rat Pack

Heaven's Atlas vote count: 18 (72%)
    Rat Pack vote count: 7 (28%)

Carreira de India was made by Fisch(40%), Sulakke(30%), and FredD(30%)

Battle for New Elementia was made by csw (90%) and Milo (10%)

• alex%s's Photo

Wow I really thought Roomie had built on Battle for New Elementia. Great job csw!

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    It was fisch?? Who knew ;)

Didnt call the others though, seems like you had solid teamwork and cohesion.

And i totally assumed roomie on new elementia, solid work csw
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Guessed everyone right! Thought Milo would have a larger share, park was full of clever hacks I didn't know csw was capable of yet. His work is usually quite light on hacking.

Will post a who did what map for India, if the creators allow me.
  • csw%s's Photo
    Well we took the loss but I'm happy with our park. It was tons of fun to make.

Milo did the lighthouse in the middle, the moving minecart buckets in the back, and other various details like the mechanic fixing a gas lamp and the balloon landing pad. Along with a whole bunch of tedious ride-naming and staff naming. The whole park was his idea too, he planned out most of the structures and vehicles.

I did everything else. And the big maze/river rapid cave overhang didn't take much more than an hour or two to do, as annoying as it was :p That being said I think I prefer a less hacked LL style, but it was still fun to codex everything. Especially the zeppelin and destroyers.

Great park by Heaven's Atlas, I'm not too disappointed losing to it.

The Rat Pack may be 0-2 but we'll be back with bigger and better things :)
  • In:Cities%s's Photo

csw, I finally got LL to work today and I was absolutely blown away by the park. I used to play LL back when I was like 13 years old, so it really took me back. Its a shame that we didn't win this round, because your hard work and dedication was truly impressive throughout. I wish you and Milo would build a full size map together someday:]

Rat Pack 0-2? Eh theres still plenty of time for us to come back and take the crown.

• inthemanual%s's Photo

Neither of these parks really held my attention for long. BNE was a bit clearer as to why that was happening: there was a quickly executed story, a few interesting bits to look at, but no life beyond that. There weren't moving parts, rides, or anything that really kept me excited while viewing it. The impact upon opening it was incredible, as well as the timed waves of fire between the two sides. It was a very creative concept, and well executed, it just wasn't a lively one. Massively impressive park, and you've certainly earned a lot more respect from me, I'd just wish there were more of a park with it.

India had the opposite impact. I opened it and thought it was a joke. It felt like a micro, seeing that small area. I almost closed it right away because it didn't feel serious. Then I saw the boats leaving the screen and realized they were going somewhere. They forced me to explore, and discover more of the map. There was a lot of interesting moments and details throughout, but a few downsides. Different areas felt really disjoint. Putting a ride on the Cape made it more interesting, but it felt off. It's supposed to be seperated, something you pass along your journey, a landmark, not a piece of the destination, and I felt it was trying to tie into the destination too much by having a ride on it. The white section of the map felt a little disconnected too. everything else is brown, with colorful details, and this white section shows up, and feels like it doesn't belong on the map at all. A lot of the architecture in the India area felt flat and a bit boring as well. That's not to say this map didn't have its good moments. I actually liked the use of LoTR rocks, for the most part, but they could have been blended/adapted better in some areas. I loved a lot of the details, like the scene on the steps, the sacred cow, and the penguins. and I thought the rides in the India area were all well done. The invert was probably my favorite ride of the season. Another small issue was the number of rafts, in both sections. There were way too many, making the park feel like a capitalistic cash grab, rather than a mystical adventure to another land.  

• Austin55%s's Photo

India would not have been nearly as interesting if we still had overviews. 

• Cocoa%s's Photo

^definitely. part of the fun was opening it and exploring it properly.

• inthemanual%s's Photo

Both of my critiques probably sounded harsh. They aren't meant to be. I'm thoroughly impressed by both parks, and the good things in both definitely outweighed the bad. I just haven't seen a lot of these issues covered yet, so I wanted to share my take on them, while the good moments and my favorite parts had already been talked about.

• Roomie%s's Photo

Just want to give props to CSW and Milo for getting this done. Especially CSW who put in a monster effort to get this done. It wasn't an easy park to get finished but the finished product in the end was awesome. Those Balloons :)

• Poke%s's Photo

Well done csw and Milo. Great park

• 5dave%s's Photo
    Battle for New Elementia
    Concept:
    At first I was sceptical about the concept being no park, only some sort of war diorama, as the idea isn't really new (Battlefield RCT, Assault on Earth Base Gamma Gamma and also Steampunk isn't the freshest theme either) but it turned out really great because of its modern approach I think.
    Macro (Park Impression):
    The park looks really impressive from afar, those ships, balloons with their bronze colors contrast very well to the glacier and water areas I think. Some parts seem a bit bland (earth sections) but they gave the park room to breathe and offered some nice underground parts as well.
    Rides:
    I can't say much about the rides and people seem to think missing rides is a bad thing, but IMO it worked out well here, as you had enough moving parts (coal transport, trolley,...). The small pipe cleaning ride was also a nice touch. About the shooting: I like how the projectiles shoot out at the guns. Maybe it's a bit too much and there could have been other ways to show the war taking place, but it was fine IMO.
    Architecture:
    The structures were nice as well - I especially liked that harbor corner with the cranes and the piers - my favorite part of this. I wasn't a fan of the fort structures, they had strange proportions IMO but I think they're contrasting the park well.
    Micro (Details):
    The battleships were my favorites. While I've seen balloons done already, those grey battle crusaders really added a lot to the park. There were some really nice ideas in the park like the ice harvesting and the underground mining stuff. I had a lot of fun exploring this and I'm glad it turned out well despite the troubles you were facing during construction, so well done!

Carreira da India
    Concept:
    I like the idea of having the park tell a linear story from the departure in Portugal until the arrival in India, very nice! I can't think of anyone every doing a journey in RCT that well, so kudos to that!
    Macro (Park Impression):
    From the overview the idea behind it is readable very well. The park looks a bit brown expecially because of the rocks you used in the final part of the map. Only the coasters and the white palace bring a little bit more color to the map. I think I would have preferred the map looking a bit more like the real continents and have some kind of small version of the cape and also small version of India, but that's just a minor idea. I'm not sure if using underground pathing the easy way out, but I think it's necessary here. Another map layout would have helped here again I think.
    Rides:
    Good hope was nicely executed, I liked the colors, the first drop and the penguins on that island - nice touch, although the layout was a bit boring. The invert - Varanasi had a nice layout and good colors but you couldn't see most of it, as it was hidden underground or rocks. Same for the wooden coaster Maharaja, although it was better in this case. I loved the ideas behind the tea farm and Karma as well. Good job on those! Monsoon was my favorite ride of the park because it felt really unique, although it had too many different track styles going on I think. Also great inquisition ride, although the ride idea itself is a bit morbid. haha!
    Architecture:
    Architecture was top notch again. The temples of Monsoon and Maharaja were really nice with the little ponds and walkways being my favorite details here. The facades near the Ganges river bed were also awesome as well as the Portugal section.
    Micro (Details):
    I loved the little details throughout (holy cow!). What shines most in this park are the architectural structures and the story behind it. What I didn't like that the whole park felt a bit dead overground, as everything was functioning from below ground. It could have used more open spaces overground, more places where you can see how the park works instead of hiding it underground.

"MFG"
  • Milo%s's Photo

It is a shame to see our park released to virtually no response other than, "meh, LL" 

My teammates have been nice about it but I was slated to have a much higher role in this park beyond just the concepts and some hacking. I struggled throughout the construction and beyond working with csw, who did a fantastic job executing and finishing the map, I did not have a good time working on this. rct really isn't for me any more and life is getting in the way of this H2H for me.

• Fisch%s's Photo

It is a shame to see our park released to virtually no response other than, "meh, LL"

I was disappointed by the fact that there were just 2 actual reviews for the India park prior to the end of the voting period of which one was by someone from my own team and then there were about 4 posts of negative reviews just to make sure the positive feedback dies down.

But I can't really complain because the only review your park even got till the end of the voting period was that by Cocoa. I feel sorry for you and csw and can only advise people to check out your park again. It was great work, very clean, and good ideas.

Worst match topic so far this H2H. Easily 5 out of 7 pages in this topic were about some offtopic nonsense.

• Dr_Dude%s's Photo

unfortunately i dont have the games installed or id be trying to do my civic duty and pick up some review slack in these topics

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading