H2H7 / [H2H7 Round 2 Match 3] - Italian Stallions vs Hurricanes

Which park is best?

1. Italian Stallions - Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Damned 10 votes [41.67%]
    • Otsdarva
    • macncheezburger
    • Goliath123
    • csw
    • SSSammy
    • Twitch
    • Dinosaurs
    • Coasterbill
    • MCI
    • Ling
    Percentage of vote: 41.67%
  2. Hurricanes - The Pridelands 14 votes [58.33%]
    • inthemanual
    • Liampie
    • RCTER2
    • Cocoa
    • Whitehawk
    • BelgianGuy
    • Freizeitfan
    • 5dave
    • pashearer23
    • PRMEshockzzNE
    • lightkeeper
    • geewhzz
    • Xtreme97
    • Louis!
    Percentage of vote: 58.33%
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    Pridelands is what H2H is all about. I absolutely loved it. It encapsulated everything i love about this game. Just pure fun and imagination. I don't have LL at the moment thus I cannot vote. But from what the screens show I think it's a great matchup.
  • Version1%s's Photo

Version1 where is the review of this at? 

You mean the video review? If everything goes well MCI will do it because LL kinda nixed the idea of me doing it.

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    Instead of reviewing the ll park you could just show pictures of boats you don't like

:D
  • Version1%s's Photo

It's not that I don't like them, but I don't need them in 75% of H2H RCT2 Parks.

• Cocoa%s's Photo

I wasn't gonna say anything but Fredd you voted yes to spotlight on almost every single h2h park so far. It honestly ruins my trust in your integrity as an accolade panelist... I love h2h parks too but they're clearly not spotlights.

• Liampie%s's Photo
    The yes votes worry me too. But the overall scores as well. 84%+ for Pridelands? No offense, but how!? Accolades don't mean shit anymore in my experience.

Will post my review of the parks soon.
  • FredD%s's Photo

I wasn't gonna say anything but Fredd you voted yes to spotlight on almost every single h2h park so far. It honestly ruins my trust in your integrity as an accolade panelist... I love h2h parks too but they're clearly not spotlights.

Well in my defense I only vote more than others on Tenochtitlan. Austin and Shotguns voted the same score on Pridelands and for Bermuda Sulakke and Turbin3 also voted the same score as me. 

We all agree the H2H parks we've seen so far are from a high level though?! I don't know why I should rate them lower because they're H2H parks. I always vote how I feel about the park, with all integrity. On the two parks I voted yes for spotlight, I voted 90% while for being in the running for spotlight the park has to be rated at least 80% by the accolade panellists. In my opinion, If I find a park 90% it's good enough for a spotlight. 

In the accolade description there's written this about spotlights: "A Spotlight park will keep you coming back for more.". In my opinion, Tenochtitlan and Pridelands are such parks. 

• Cocoa%s's Photo

a spotlight is a full sized park. as amazing as a 60x60 park is, it'll never have enough content for a spotlight. Please peruse the current database of spotlights and tell me if you think the amount of content in them is comparable to a h2h park. a spotlight is both the quality these are delivering AND the scale. the quick summaries in the accolade guide currently are not the bible on what makes or breaks a spotlight...

I'm not saying anything about the rating. please, rate how you feel they should be. but voting yes to spotlight is the surprising thing.

• FredD%s's Photo
    I have to say I never looked at the size. For me that's something what doesn't matter in my rating for spotlight. Clearly I'm wrong about that so I'll keep your feedback in mind.
  • inthemanual%s's Photo

I think it's positive to have differences in opinions on these matters. I'm glad Fred has a looser definition of spotlight than others. I'm also glad that these parks aren't winning spotlight, personally, but I like to see differing opinions. It fosters discussion: "why should size be an issue?"

• Austin55%s's Photo
    La Reve and DAW were both worthy perhaps.

But it still feels weird to give h2h parks accolades.
  • Faas%s's Photo

Yeah I have not yet voted on a H2H park as an accolade panelist because I think they are in a different category. At this rate, it's only a matter of time untill accolades get handed out in cereal boxes. 

I really liked the pridelands, it gives of that real lion king atmosphere. However, I always appreciate it just a bit more when themes are made up, instead of a collection of ideas already put forward in a movie or book or whatever. Adds to the creative aspect. Nonetheless great job on the park. I really liked the inverted coaster, great theming!

• SSSammy%s's Photo

.... At this rate, it's only a matter of time untill accolades get handed out in cereal boxes. 

pfffffffffffff

• alex%s's Photo

hahaha. it's political correctness GONE MAD.

• G Force%s's Photo
    Would be pretty hilarious if PL won spotlight as 75% of it was built in 2 weeks. Most Spotlight parks (at least recently) have taken years to make.

Honnestly surprised on how close the voting is, but its understandable due to the LL v RCT2 nature.
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    @nin do take into consideration that on every match at least 20 active members cannot vote...
  • MCI%s's Photo

And again, I really liked both parks! Since I didn´t watch neither Indiana Jones, nor The Lion King I thinks I should be able to vote here :p Both parks had great ideas and very well executed theming. Overall the Indiana Jones coaster made the difference for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxTsp3yjBWY

• inthemanual%s's Photo

Voting Closed

Hurricanes beat Italian Stallions

Hurricanes vote count: 13 (59.09%)
    Italian Stallions vote count: 9 (40.91%)

Pridelands was made by nin(80%), RCT2Day(10%), and thirteen(10%)

Indiana Jones was made by Poke (50%), Dirk Pitt (40%) and Loopy (10%)

• Lotte%s's Photo

cool that means nin becomes a parkmaker! congrats!

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    Obvs nin haha. Great work all around, i can't believe it was so close!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading