H2H7 / [H2H7 Round 2 Match 3] - Italian Stallions vs Hurricanes

Which park is best?

1. Italian Stallions - Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Damned 10 votes [41.67%]
    • Otsdarva
    • macncheezburger
    • Goliath123
    • csw
    • SSSammy
    • Twitch
    • Dinosaurs
    • Coasterbill
    • MCI
    • Ling
    Percentage of vote: 41.67%
  2. Hurricanes - The Pridelands 14 votes [58.33%]
    • inthemanual
    • Liampie
    • RCTER2
    • Cocoa
    • Whitehawk
    • BelgianGuy
    • Freizeitfan
    • 5dave
    • pashearer23
    • PRMEshockzzNE
    • lightkeeper
    • geewhzz
    • Xtreme97
    • Louis!
    Percentage of vote: 58.33%
  • G Force%s's Photo

Which vote got dropped?  Poll says 14-10 at the moment.  If you cant disclose the name, its not big deal, just curious.

• wheres_walto%s's Photo

Jesus Christ.  That's 2 weeks in a row I was confident that Pac or Kumba were involved in the Canes' parks...

• trav%s's Photo

Poke and Dirk really stepped up here, Their 40% aren't really necessarily a completely fair reflection. Could not be more proud of them.

• Dirk Pitt%s's Photo

For those who don't have LL and want to see the park in it's full glory, I've attached two overview pictures for you.

ZX29OdT.jpg

L8gI44z.jpg

Here's the who did what:

Loopy did the whole center marketplace section, the only thing he didn't do there was the area in the corner near Macaw. He also did the U-Boat sculpture and gave inspiration for the trap door hack.

Poke did the abandoned village, Macaw corner, the bridge near Macaw crossing the river to the Nazi camp, 98% of the Nazi camp, in the flat ride area, he did Swinging Axes and Tarantula, Jungle Chase station and some surrounding scenery, the top of the first Mayan temple, the logs near the Mayan temples, Indy Jones camp near Tarantula, hacking the rapids ride for me, and 95% of the park foilage.

Dirk Pitt did the layout for Indiana Jones (except the trap door), the station of the IJ ride, all of the 1/4 scenery temples and ruins, got the basic shape of both of the temple ready, the interior of both temple (Poke did some in the second at the last minute), the abandoned railroad bridge, did the invisible track hack in the trap door section and railroad bridge section (An thank you to ITM for explaining step by step how to invis. track), the Hidden Treasure tower and theming underground, the Curse of Luk'ul Village ghost car ride, Temple Trap, Jungle Chase layout and partial scenery work, the middle suspension bridge, and the rock climbing wall.

Others

Trav took his day off from work trying to invisible track the drop section before I got help and figured it out. He was also there for me giving advice and feedback which I appreciate.

][22 did the soundtrack for the Indy Jones ride which unfortunately didn't work for our submission but hopefully I can correct for the final submission into the archives.

ITM for helping me with the invisible track hack without being able to see the park, an struggle, but it paid off. This speaks volume about the NE community helping each other irregardless of teams and allowed myself to improve my RCT skills through this round and learning hacks.

Replies to your posts:

This park isn't supposed to be recreated int he Disney theme even though it's an Disney franchise, we always saw this park as an independent park. An Semi-Realism park due to the fact that the drop and abandoned bridge section wouldn't be invisible in real life.

Thanks for your constructive criticism about the foilage, we did go a bit overboard with it but we wanted that overgrown jungle look for our temple and which was why we did it that way, but I do understand the criticism and appreciate it.

The trap door idea should be 100% credited to Loopy, he's the one who thought of it and had it working in another park of his, we took the inspiration and ran with it. Most of you was not expecting the coaster to fall in there and expected it to roll back, that was my intent and my motivation on spending countless hours trying to invisible hack the drop to get that impact on you and it really did pay off in dividends and I'm very glad I took the time to learn how to.

Staff naming was also neat, I enjoyed figuring out the scene, definitely added to the theme.    

Thanks for being one of the few to notice that, I tried to name the staff (Entertainers) at various point of the ride to try to tell the story to the user and the different scene that the coaster goes through.

MCI - Thanks for the video review, although I don't know exactly what you said about our park since I'm deaf but I appreciate the time you put into creating an video review for our park.

• csw%s's Photo
    Okay, I guess I don't get all the hype behind the Pridelands. It didn't particularly impress me, and while there were good parts like the custom music and the overall atmosphere, I don't get why some are saying it's the best park of the season.
  • nin%s's Photo

Happiest moment of my RCT life to see my name turn green. :)

Thanks to everyone who voted, RCT2day, thirteen, and the rest of the Hurricanes. I'll give more depth and insight into the park once I've got the time to write it all out.

• Austin55%s's Photo

Kyle is a parkmaker. We are proud. 

• Louis!%s's Photo

are we? i mean some people could be the opposite

Kyle is a parkmaker. What is happening to this site?

• inthemanual%s's Photo

I mean, he finally finished something. I guess that deserves recognition. :p

• Kumba%s's Photo

It most certainly does... Kyle put in an insane amount of work. That 80% share is no joke or just on there to get him NE Parkmaker and in all honesty should be even higher. I got to say that I am VERY happy with my top 3 picks this season, Pac/nin/Shotguns. Those picks can make or break a team and I really got 3 monsters and then a solid supporting cast, despite the replacements drama.

I am having some issues with LL right now and only saw Indy Jones in-game for a few minutes with the game paused so it would not crash. I tried to reinstall the game after that and ran into some problems I still have not worked out. I think like most people, my only big issue was the trees. The details were really great and I did get the Indian Jones vibe. I really liked the U-Boat and the camp with the jeeps. Pretty impressive work by Dirk, Poke and Loopy.

It's nice to see some LL in this contest, but the vote turnout was pathetic. NE really needs a "Get LL" drive of some kind. Anyone saying there just should not be no LL in H2H is full of shit. The answer is people having both games. Without LL, there is no RCT2. GET LL!

Great work by everyone involved in this. Kyle, Randy and Julius, you guys made a fantastic park and your captain is very proud of you :mantis:

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    You set the rules lou, you live by em :p

Could've made h2h non competitive or made parkmakers standards different. In a way, you personally made him a parkmaker
  • Dirk Pitt%s's Photo

I am having some issues with LL right now and only saw Indy Jones in-game for a few minutes with the game paused so it would not crash. I tried to reinstall the game after that and ran into some problems I still have not worked out. 

Does this happen for every LL park you open?

Did you try these steps,
    http://www.nedesigns...esome/?p=668851

There's a full install on Setup1 and Minimal install on Setup2.
    Feel free to post in there or PM me and I'll help you out the best as I can.

Thanks for your comment and feedback on our park, appreciate it :)

• Kumba%s's Photo

Thanks Dirk and I did get your PM, however I have been really busy lately and not had a chance to work on reinstalling LL yet.

• Six Frags%s's Photo

despite the replacements drama.

? You wanted XCoaster so badly, not me :p

• RCT2day%s's Photo

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who voted for us as well as to the Italian Stallions for putting up an excellent park.  This match was a real nail-biter but one that was certainly fun following.

The Pridelands has been a pleasure to work on with nin and thirteen.  Weeks ago, I proposed the idea to the team and nin and I began planning almost immediately.  We were both in love with the park from the start and it's fantastic to see the park, as we envisioned it, come to fruition.  So yeah, thanks everyone.

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

Since it seems our custom music never really worked out, here's an exceptionally low-quality video of what Skull of the Damned looks/sounds like with the custom track and me clicking around.

http://youtu.be/8Oy8oRKh3mc

• AvanineCommuter%s's Photo

Since it seems our custom music never really worked out, here's an exceptionally low-quality video of what Skull of the Damned looks/sounds like with the custom track and me clicking around.

My god that trap door is amazing. How is that even done??
  • Roomie%s's Photo

Very clever hack. It's a similar hack to Levis's thrill lift in a way. Executed incredibly well too. Very impressed.

I think its done by multiple merge hacks. So when the train starts to reverse, each car of the train is on a different vertical drop which then all remerge at the bottom. The vertical track is then made invisible using the FF method I assume?

I may be wrong but It's how I'd do it :p 

I've not been able to vote in this due to not being able to download pridelands properly yet (Yay satellite internet). But plan on a review when I get both.

• Fisch%s's Photo

[ntamin22' timestamp='1430969398' post='669870']

http://youtu.be/8Oy8oRKh3mc

incredible how you timed the music and the ride!

• Dirk Pitt%s's Photo

Very clever hack. It's a similar hack to Levis's thrill lift in a way. Executed incredibly well too. Very impressed.

I think its done by multiple merge hacks. So when the train starts to reverse, each car of the train is on a different vertical drop which then all remerge at the bottom. The vertical track is then made invisible using the FF method I assume?

I may be wrong but It's how I'd do it :p

Correct, but with the chairlift FF method to keep some things visible and others invisible. Originally I tried the list FF method but the list method didn't work out too well so then I had to abandon that method and do the chairlift FF method.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading