Theme Park Discussion / North American 2016 Coasters

• RCT2day%s's Photo

YES!!!! THE JERSEY SHORE IS GETTING A NEW COASTER!!! SO MUCH JERSEY PRIDE!!

• Austin55%s's Photo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TolqBDMf1ZU&feature=youtu.be

Dollywood will be announcing its ride here shortly.

• Maverix%s's Photo

And I'll be there for it!  Well I'll be working on Wild Eagle, but I'll be very near it at least haha

• Austin55%s's Photo

1 hour :)

• Da_Cool%s's Photo
    It's happening!
  • Austin55%s's Photo

Cue the launched wooden coaster designs.

This honestly looks like it could be the world's #1 wooden coaster. Edit- actually is it steel?

• Faas%s's Photo

I tuned in too late.

Saw people singing and dancing, with a skeleton dressed in leather holding a microphone next to them. 

• alex%s's Photo
    The train is a WW/TT object. 0/10
  • G Force%s's Photo
    Those trains make me want to puke. The coaster looks pretty sick though, maybe I'll finally be able to get down there next summer.
  • nin%s's Photo
    Looks like I'll be hitting Dollywood next season. #2K16BIGASSROADTRIP2K16
  • RCT2day%s's Photo

I love this new coaster.  What a beautiful layout, surrounding area, plus it's a launched, wooden coaster.  I honestly cannot think of anything else I'd want in a coaster.

You guys don't like the trains? I think they're cool.

• alex%s's Photo
    I was just joking because they remind me of the rct2 expansions. To be honest i don't care what they look like.
  • Maverix%s's Photo

Cue the launched wooden coaster designs.

This honestly looks like it could be the world's #1 wooden coaster. Edit- actually is it steel?

It's topper track, the top running plates they put on are just dark gray :) 

Super excited about this thing, for sure gonna get to ride it and possibly even work it next year!!!

• RCT2day%s's Photo

First posted edited:

What a great year for coasters this already looks to be, and we're still waiting on Cedar Fair's and Six Flags's announcements.

• G Force%s's Photo

Possible leak of the new dive coaster at CP:

http://imgur.com/a/mvfRv

Not 100% confirmed but seem to be the real thing.

• Sephiroth%s's Photo

Every single dive machine layout just feels so short to me. I'm sure it'll be awesome though.

• Austin55%s's Photo

That matches with the track seen at the plant. 

• MorganFan%s's Photo
    Apparently that rendering is fan-made, so the first half of the layout is anyone's guess. Also the coaster was supposed to have four inversions, not three, shown on the thing that Sandusky report leaked.
  • Austin55%s's Photo

GADV getting an S&S 4d clone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irLQnpS0VFc

The rest of the Six Flags rides will be posted in 9 hours. 

• RCT2day%s's Photo

I know I shouldn't be disappointed with my home park getting a new coaster but...

Come on, seriously?  Look, I know this will be a huge attraction that'l bring people and revenue into the park.  The 4D Coaster at SFFT was a huge move that found tons of attention in the media.  People raved about it, enthusiasts (mostly) and the general public alike.  The views look beautiful along the lake and it's sure to breathe life into an area of the park that needs attention.  

But this is what we get after waiting 10 years for a new coaster?  The last real coaster was El Toro back in 2006.  Dark Knight (2008) is a mediocre, indoor mouse and Green Lantern (2011) was a relocated stand-up that is even worse than the aforementioned mediocre, indoor mouse.  You'd think SF's 2nd biggest park (in terms of revenue) would receive more star attractions.  I don't get the hype about this ride, and it doesn't look that good.  And the color scheme?  The name?  Just a disappointment if you ask me.  Maybe I'll eat my words when I try it in 2016, but I doubt it.

Rant over.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading