Theme Park Discussion / Europe 2016 coasters

• FredD%s's Photo

Well, the number one fact is that the height restriction to ride Anubis alone is 10cm higher than the restriction of Blue Fire. The second part makes no sense. Coasters are not just a reflection of the parks. Anubis is clearly aimed at the young adults (16 and older) while Blue Fire is aimed at families (12 and older). Just because there are exceptions doesn't make it false.

The fact you are missing is this: Coasters just have to "work". It doesn't matter how strong the launch is. At the end of the day the quality of the coaster is not just its launch, its layout or its inversions. I'm sure Mack could build super strong launches, but maybe they just don't want to do it? The whole coaster world is always in this "bigger, better, faster" attitude and I really like that Mack does what they think its best for the coasters. Sure, the Anubis launch is stronger than the Blue Fire launch, but Blue Fire is just plain better. The Expedition GeForce isn't as fast or as high as the Silver Star but is better.

Saying that Mack isn't the right builder for launch coasters is insane. They have 2 big critically acclaimed launch coasters under their belt, both are counted among the best coasters of europe. Just because YOU only like extreme launches doesn't mean everybody is on your page. If you think Formula Rossa, Top Thrill Dragster, Dodonpa and Kingda Ka are the best coasters in the world because their launches are the strongest then go ahead. I will look on the overall expierience.

What a bunch of bullshit. Height restrictions say nothing. Enough little children who ride Anubus or want to ride it to notice that even with a powerful launch they attract the family audience. Besides that I don't get why you're thinking that Blue Fire is aimed at family audience?! Almost 40 meter high, 4 inversions, 100 km/h... those are not statistics that say it is designed for family, compare them with Anubis and from the statistics you'd say Anubis is the one designed for the family and not Blue Fire. 

If coasters just have to work to be good, then we must consider butterfly's and big apple's as good coasters too? I'm sorry, but if you build a launch coaster than the launch also has to be good, not only the layout. I don't know if Mack doesn't want it or can't do it... but I sure know I did launches from Gerstlauer, Intamin, Schwarzkopf... and they weren't as weak as the ones Mack have build. So all those other builders were wrong or stupid?! 

And I never claimed coasters have to be 'bigger, better, faster' to be considered good. I enjoyed Orkanen at Farup even it's not the highest or fastest coaster. I didn't claim that a launch coaster have to break records all the time. Or have to be the fastest. I just want a launch where you can feel the acceleration. You hardly feel that on Blue Fire or Helix. 

Yeah they only have 2 launch coasters, I hope it stays with 2. That's my opinion, I don't think I'm obligated to like Mack or Blue Fire do I?! I'm not gonna force myself to like them even though I don't. I'm sorry, you're talking about extreme launches, but I don't dislike launch coasters like Anubis, Lynet, Juvelen, iSpeed,... or are those extreme launches as well? Are all the launches but the ones on Blue Fire/Helix extreme in your eyes? Because the Mack launches are the only ones that did disappointment me.

• Version1%s's Photo

What a bunch of bullshit. Height restrictions say nothing. Enough little children who ride Anubus or want to ride it to notice that even with a powerful launch they attract the family audience. Besides that I don't get why you're thinking that Blue Fire is aimed at family audience?! Almost 40 meter high, 4 inversions, 100 km/h... those are not statistics that say it is designed for family, compare them with Anubis and from the statistics you'd say Anubis is the one designed for the family and not Blue Fire.

Because I have ridden rollercoasters in my life and you didn't apparently. There are these little things called "forces". Maybe you heard of that. Blue Fire has maximum forces of 3.8g and that's really low for cuh big of an coaster. Anubis has higher positives and intense negatives on the first Top-Hat. Plus, Anubis has pretty similar statistics to the Blue Fire (just 4m lower, 1 inversion less, just 10 km/h less).

If coasters just have to work to be good, then we must consider butterfly's and big apple's as good coasters too? I'm sorry, but if you build a launch coaster than the launch also has to be good, not only the layout. I don't know if Mack doesn't want it or can't do it... but I sure know I did launches from Gerstlauer, Intamin, Schwarzkopf... and they weren't as weak as the ones Mack have build. So all those other builders were wrong or stupid?!

I wrote "work" on purpose. It's about how good the coaster works as an attraction: Do the pieces fit together, is the layout good, does it fit into the sorroundings. Blue Fire is a very smooth, really modest coaster, so it fits that it has a modest and smooth launch. I don't say that the other companies made something wrong. But what has a Gerstlauer launch on a Gerstlauer track launching a Gerstlauer Car to do with Mack? They are two completely different things! Plus, the reason we call it "launch coaster" is not because the launch is the most important element but because it's the different element to a "usual" coaster. At the end of the day, a launch is, like a first drop, a method to get the train to the speed which it has to travel for the track.

And I never claimed coasters have to be 'bigger, better, faster' to be considered good. I enjoyed Orkanen at Farup even it's not the highest or fastest coaster. I didn't claim that a launch coaster have to break records all the time. Or have to be the fastest. I just want a launch where you can feel the acceleration. You hardly feel that on Blue Fire or Helix.

Blue Fire has an accalaration of 1g. I can feel that. If you can't you might want to check in with a doctor. You are basically saying that you don't feel the difference of standing up and lying on the ground.

Yeah they only have 2 launch coasters, I hope it stays with 2. That's my opinion, I don't think I'm obligated to like Mack or Blue Fire do I?! I'm not gonna force myself to like them even though I don't. I'm sorry, you're talking about extreme launches, but I don't dislike launch coasters like Anubis, Lynet, Juvelen, iSpeed,... or are those extreme launches as well? Are all the launches but the ones on Blue Fire/Helix extreme in your eyes? Because the Mack launches are the only ones that did disappointment me.

There are three launch coaster, the third being Manta at Sea World San Diego. You are not obligated to like them, but if you want to bash them in public you better got some reasons for doing so.

• FredD%s's Photo

You can't argue about the fact that the launches on Blue Fire and Helix are weak. It's my taste not to like them because I feel the launch on a launch coaster is an important piece of it and I like more powerful launches. Therefore, I don't find them great. In the end it's all about taste. I think I explained more than enough why I don't like Blue Fire and Helix. If you find that a problem, that says more about you than about me.

362 coasters on the counter and still going. I rate coasters on how much they were to ride, not on statistics. 

• Version1%s's Photo

I have no problem with you liking specific coasters. I do however have a problem with arrogant dicks that say shit like "Mack should go and look how a real launch coaster is made".

• FredD%s's Photo

Because every other builder that builds launch coasters have better launches, in that case I do think Mack has a problem with the launching yeah. My opinion. Not my problem you don't agree because you obviously are a Mack fanboy. It's always the same thing when discussing with these Mack fans. Mack is the best in their eyes and whoever says different is an 'arrogant dick'. 

• Version1%s's Photo

You are an arrogant dick, because you basically say "my taste in coasters is the best, so go Mack and change everything you do to furfill my wishes!"

So if I'm obviously a Mack Fanboy then you are obviously a Mack hater, ye?

• FredD%s's Photo

Well yeah in my opinion their launches suck, so in my opinion they should change the way how they launch. Big deal. Thank you for thinking my opinion is the best though! 

• Louis!%s's Photo

I'm a Mack fanboy.

Mack = <3

• FredD%s's Photo

Mack is not bad, though I think they should stick at family coasters and not big ass coasters. That's what they are best at. 

• Louis!%s's Photo

rofl.

• alex%s's Photo

Who gives a shit. Really? As long as you enjoyed their coasters yourself right..

• Liampie%s's Photo
    No love for Maurer? :(
  • Version1%s's Photo

Maurer is awesome

• Louis!%s's Photo

They've made bad coasters, so no love :p

• FredD%s's Photo

But also awesome coasters, like Tarantula, Dragon's Fury, Abismo... So love for Maurer! They should get more orders.

• Louis!%s's Photo

Yeah but thats also like I have no love for Intamin, doesn't mean they don't make the occasional good coaster, just there's a lot of crap too.

• FredD%s's Photo

I really can't think of any crap coaster from Intamin besides Thorpe's Colossus. Or maybe Furius Baco but I can enjoy it though it's so rough. 

• Roomie%s's Photo

It's opinion based of course.

I think Cheetah Hunt is pretty awful. Colossus is fairly rubbish too. 

The Zac spins are pretty rubbish

Divertical is constantly down and a bit crap. 

& Thirteen is crap.

And that's just the ones I've been on.

But that's not going to be everyone if anyone's else's opinion on here. Why do i get the feeling some people in this thread think their opinion is right?

• Louis!%s's Photo

BECAUSE MY OPINION IS RIGHT GODDAMMIT. MACK IS AWESOME

• Austin55%s's Photo

What do you guys think of Vekoma?

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading