Theme Park Discussion / Europe 2016 coasters

• G Force%s's Photo

What do you guys think of Vekoma?

The only good thing they have ever made are the Flying Dutchman clones, those are great rides.
  • Louis!%s's Photo

I have a lot of love for Vekoma haha.

Doesn't make much sense based on what I said earlier, but hey ho :p they have a lot of coasters that people wouldn't think are any good but are actually brilliant.

Vogel Rok for instance, bloody loved that ride.

• FredD%s's Photo

Vekoma... glad they don't get much orders anymore from parks out the neighborhood. 

• Version1%s's Photo

I think Vekoma can be good if they really try. Ofc, the SLCs and other standard models may not be good, but the Boomerangs I've ridden are good (despite some flaws). The woodies I've ridden are good (Loup Garou at Walibi Belgium is awesome and Robin Hood at Holland is good). I like both Calamity Mine and Colorado Adventure, and their Indoor coasters are nice aswell (Vogel Rok is great and Temple of the Nighthawk is pretty solid as well).

So yeah, I may alway joke about Vekoma being super bad, but they are actually pretty okay.

Edit: Forgot XPress at Walibi Holland.

Edit2: And of course the Junior Coasters and the Booster Bike rides.

• FredD%s's Photo

They are good with family coasters, when it comes to big coasters with loopings I find them pure horror. I like their woodies too, only build 3 of them (and rode 2 of them). Sadly they don't do those anymore. 

Temple of the Nighthawk is the most boring coaster ever :p   Colorado Adventure is my favorite Vekoma. 

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Vogel Rok is actually awesome, yeah. And I still enjoy coasters like the Python, Superman: The Ride (or whatever it's called nowadays) and all the other looping coasters. I only skip El Condor because it's too rough in some places. Thundercoaster in Tusenfryd was great too, btw.

As for Maurer. Abismo and Tarantula are both surprisingly good. I enjoy all the spinners too. Spinball Whizzer, Winjas, even that tame thing in Bobbejaanland. And Formule X in drievliet is a very small launched X-Car, but it's one of the must plain fun coasters I've ridden.
  • FredD%s's Photo

thumb_img_0817_4.jpg

Construction on Wildfire at Kolmarden. I think it will be hard to open it next year, or am I too negative about this? 

• Louis!%s's Photo

A bit like PA's Ferrari World, bit difficult to open that next year when its just dirt at the minute haha

• FredD%s's Photo

Yeah but PA already said it would be 2017. Kolmarden didn't communicate a thing about a new opening date. 

• Cocoa%s's Photo

I don't know anything about the ride but I always find the structure goes up damn quickly once they start. So maybe. It seems like its the everything else before hand that really takes a while

• FredD%s's Photo

New pictures from Phantasialand's Taron... Can't wait to ride it, could become the best coaster in Europe I guess.

IMG_28364.jpg

IMG_33584.jpg

IMG_33085.jpg

• RCT2day%s's Photo

Wow that's gonna be an incredible coaster.  And yet I've heard so little about it.  What a shame, it looks like it may be the ride to watch for in 2016.

• Austin55%s's Photo

Ooooh so Wildfire is happening. Exciting. I think it will become the pinnacle of European wooden coasters. 

And damn, Taron looks immense as well. 

• Dirk Pitt%s's Photo

Wow that's gonna be an incredible coaster.  And yet I've heard so little about it.  What a shame, it looks like it may be the ride to watch for in 2016.

The reason for that is because the park isn't even advertising it and nobody knows the layout yet. The park is waiting until the coaster is finished to release the layout and announce the coaster, its a different process than most coaster announcement, but keeps the suspense high for the coaster enthusiast community.
  • ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo

thumb_img_0817_4.jpg

Construction on Wildfire at Kolmarden. I think it will be hard to open it next year, or am I too negative about this? 

If the builders in this screen are polish.... It will be ready for the end of this year LOL :p If NOT then no.... 

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    Looove that taron theming.
  • Austin55%s's Photo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpGzfS2dFjE

• SlayMeGaga%s's Photo

In all serious though, that mack water coaster looks so boring. Like the concept is cool, but they could have done more with the concept imo.

• Roomie%s's Photo
     Also, stop using yellow coasters with black supports. Seriously. every time man. its just not pretty  :p

Cocoa close your eyes now :)

Theres a new Mack coaster going up at Walibi Holland. No one really knows what it is yet. Mega, Multilooper, spinner or wing coaster.

thumb_041215crazy3.jpg

041215crazy2.jpg

• Sulakke%s's Photo

Walibi was really in need of a new coaster. They haven't built a new attraction in like five years or so. The color scheme is looking atrocious, though.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading