Theme Park Discussion / Europe 2016 coasters

• FredD%s's Photo

I've heard only good things about it. About the ride and the theming. Could be the best Mack launch coaster.

• Jappy%s's Photo

Hideous.

I think you made a typo, it's awesome. ;) 

• Roomie%s's Photo
    Anyone been keeping an eye on movie park in Germany? There's footers going in for their new Mack launched coaster right now.

Can't post pics from here but they are around.
  • Austin55%s's Photo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzxCmM3s1XQ

• Cocoa%s's Photo

fuck that shits tasty. that one and lightning run just smash.

• Austin55%s's Photo

fuck that shits tasty. that one and lightning run just smash.

eloquent 

• Faas%s's Photo
    Holy fuck.
  • Version1%s's Photo
    I think we can add Vekoma to the list of really capable coaster manufacturers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g42HC7DoTLY
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Just watching that video gives me a Vekoma rattle induced headache.
  • Faas%s's Photo
    What's up with that weird thing in Skyline park in Germany?
  • Version1%s's Photo

Just watching that video gives me a Vekoma rattle induced headache.

Why? It looks super smooth in the POV. Plus it will only have lap bars, so no head bashing.
  • RCT2day%s's Photo

Austin beat me to posting the POV.  Wildfire looks incredible.  Without riding it, I think it's easily the best coaster of 2016.

• Liampie%s's Photo

Yeah Lou, I don't see the problem with that coaster... I think the Vekoma criticisms have been exaggerated anyway, mostly caused be coasters from the 80's and 90's. It's 2016 and everyone should know by now that Vekoma can and does produce smooth coasters. Not B&M smooth, but not headache-inducing either.

• Maverix%s's Photo

WARNING BIAS MAY BE PRESENT

I think like I am the only one who thinks Lightning Rod looks better than Wildfire?  Don't get me wrong, Wildfire looks absolutely insane but it doesn't seem as relentless as Lightning Rod.  Looking at the pov, and giving the benefit of doubt, I can see 12 places on Wildfire where there would be airtime or hang time; the same as Lightning Rod.  It just seems to me that Lightning Rod's relentless pace puts it over Wildfire, which seems to have a few areas where the pace falls off a bit.  Both rides also use terrain extremely well, though I will say Wildfire has a much better overall setting being next to the ocean/sea.  I also don't think the inversions make the ride any better or worse, just that they provide a different sensation of air/hang time, though from what I have heard on most other RMC's the inversions are spots of pure weightlessness, which can either be good, or feel like a dead spot in the ride.

Obviously we all need to wait and see the reviews once people start to get out to ride it, but I don't, by any means, think Wildfire is guaranteed to be the best new coaster of 2016.

WARNING THE POST YOU JUST READ MAY BE FULL OF BIAS

• G Force%s's Photo
    Wildfire loses points for having the ugliest lift/drop on a wooden coaster ever. It is longer than Lightning, so I guess they will probably balance eachother out.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    RMC's are mostly all hideously ugly. This really takes it over the top though.

That energylandia ride looks solid btw. Pretty awful theming but not Vekomas fault. Totally looks like something Disney would use.
  • Disney Imagineer%s's Photo

WARNING BIAS MAY BE PRESENT

I think like I am the only one who thinks Lightning Rod looks better than Wildfire?  Don't get me wrong, Wildfire looks absolutely insane but it doesn't seem as relentless as Lightning Rod.  Looking at the pov, and giving the benefit of doubt, I can see 12 places on Wildfire where there would be airtime or hang time; the same as Lightning Rod.  It just seems to me that Lightning Rod's relentless pace puts it over Wildfire, which seems to have a few areas where the pace falls off a bit.  Both rides also use terrain extremely well, though I will say Wildfire has a much better overall setting being next to the ocean/sea.  I also don't think the inversions make the ride any better or worse, just that they provide a different sensation of air/hang time, though from what I have heard on most other RMC's the inversions are spots of pure weightlessness, which can either be good, or feel like a dead spot in the ride.

Obviously we all need to wait and see the reviews once people start to get out to ride it, but I don't, by any means, think Wildfire is guaranteed to be the best new coaster of 2016.

WARNING THE POST YOU JUST READ MAY BE FULL OF BIAS

Lmao. Are you on Facebook?

I totally agree with everything you said. And yes, I myself could be a bit biased as well because Dollywood has always been my home park, and it could just be that I was super hungover yesterday (lol) but I watched the POV for Wildfire and all the constant change of direction made me sick. Or it could've been the alcohol. The world may never know. lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfjtpp90lu8

In all seriousness, I will say I love how short and sweet Lightning Rod is. A lot of people have been complaining about its length but honestly - that's the common trend that Herschend passes on with almost every new coaster that is added at Dollywood. People complained (and still complain) that Wild Eagle is too short. If you look at Dollywood's entire roster of coasters, most of them are pretty short: Blazing Fury (short dark ride section, even shorter coaster section), Tennessee Tornado (short but sweet Arrow), Mystery Mine (it's over pretty quick; it has two ride sections) Wild Eagle and now Lightning Rod. It's almost as if they pride themselves on creating short but sweet thrills that keep riders coming back for more - which I personally am totally fine with.

So obviously people will prefer Wildfire because they get to enjoy more of it, because it's longer. And it has inversions.

God I sound like a bitter bitch. lol.

/biasedness

• MorganFan%s's Photo

I like coasters like Lightning Rod and Outlaw Run that are relentless, but I also like rides that just cruise, like Millennium Force and Morgan hypers. I feel like Wildfire has a little bit of both in it, and should be a fantastic coaster. 

• Louis!%s's Photo

Yeah Lou, I don't see the problem with that coaster...

There isn't really a problem lol, I was just being silly. I love Vekoma and agree they are smooth rides now.

• Austin55%s's Photo

CAN WE JUST GET A DAMN TARON POV ALREADY 

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading