Theme Park Discussion / Europe 2016 coasters

• FredD%s's Photo

Oh come on it looks like absolute garbage. Everything that Walibi touched in that park has turned into weirdly coloured, ugly, utter shit. 

Edit: It could be a cool ride experience wise, but I don't like parks where it looks like you just walked into an illegal rave party for aggresive 15 year olds.

Goliath is awesome though ;)

Wasn't very excited anymore and now surely lost all interest. Worlds first or unique my ass.
  • Austin55%s's Photo

Whenever the hype doesnt deliver. 

• Liampie%s's Photo
    You'd have to be an idiot fanboy or ignorant about the park to have been hyped anyway. Admittedly this thing is more than I expected, it's surrounded by so much cringey shit that it only turns me away from the park further. Walibi has become a steaming pile of shit. edit: orange and purple shit, I'd like to add.
  • Version1%s's Photo

You guys really have to go to more theme parks.

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Why?
  • Version1%s's Photo

Because your hate for Walibi is just stupid. I would still say, that Walibi is among the top 10 parks I've visited, and better than some big names.

• Liampie%s's Photo
    I've visited between 15 and 20 parks and Walibi doesn't make my top 10. How would visiting more parks fix that?
  • FredD%s's Photo

Walibi isn't that bad but also not in my top 10, far from it. 

• Sulakke%s's Photo

Like Fred said, Walibi Holland isn't that bad, but the overall preadolescent atmosphere kills it, in my opinion, and this new coaster leads by example. It's a disgrace to the original Six Flags park. 

• Version1%s's Photo
    You guys are mad. Walibi Holland is a great park. The hate that it gets in this board is completely insane. You make it sound like it was Holiday Park or something.

It's a disgrace to the original Six Flags park.

By being better? I haven't visited in a while, but the theming Belgium has is FAR better than anything Six Flags has ever done.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Can't speak for Belgium but it's irrelevant anyway since we were talking about Holland. I don't see how you can think it is better than the SF-era theming, because most theming over here is a remnant from that era, only now painted in orange or purple. Californian architecture in purple. Mexican architecture in orange. A bright blue ferris wheel in France. It's a messy blend of the clear SF-era (mostly country) themes, the failed music concept, and just random shit that doesn't fit any of the two approaches I just mentioned. The Canadian area was pretty much untouched since SF left, but now they're removing a flat ride because thematically it clashes with the coaster they just built, which is themed to literally containers. Just... What?
  • FredD%s's Photo

The original Six Flags park, lol, it started as a Walibi park :p

I kinda like the new style Walibi introduced. At least they care about the way their parks look. Take a look at Bobbejaanland, you don't want a park get like that... 

• Version1%s's Photo

Just saw that Walibi Holland costs more or less the same as 4 years ago when I first visited.

• Faas%s's Photo

Wait, so how did they pay for all the orange and purple paint? 

• Version1%s's Photo

Lost Gravity - Great ride in a great park.

• FredD%s's Photo

First onride from Pulsar. Looks very nice, excited to ride it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv020y-0x_g

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Hideous.
  • Sulakke%s's Photo

Will this ride operate under low temperatures (iow 3/5 of the year)?

• FredD%s's Photo

Will this ride operate under low temperatures (iow 3/5 of the year)?

It can I think. Wetness depends strongly on the place you've chosen to sit on I've heard. Front: soaked. Middle: just a few drops. Back: medium log flume wet. I'll tell you when I done him in a few weeks. 

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

Hideous.

How so?  This looks like a really fresh idea for a medium-small park, the rotating loading platform is crazy, the theme doesn't seem terrible for being fairly minimal.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading