RCT Discussion / That One Thing

• nin%s's Photo

What is that one thing you absolutely want to build, but you know you'll never get around to? 

Reasons for not completing it could be lack of time, desire, or the pure scale of the project that makes it impossible to finish (or even start). Don't spoil any ideas for projects you could possibly do in the future, this is only for those ideas which you know you'll never get around to. Who know, maybe this could spark group projects or something in order to get them completed.

I always want to make large stadia to the scale of RCTNW, but with added context. An idea I had was to create a full-scale university surrounding a college stadium, and it being game day, there would be a ton of people tailgating and prepping for the game. Stuff like a marching band coming in, and individual trademarks of the school and culture would be prevalent. It could somewhat easily be done, but the lack of time really gets to me as I wouldn't want this to become my only project. Could still happen in the future, though.

Another is a full scale Disney resort, akin to WDW but seamless. Multiple parks and resorts on one map. A multi-mapper is certainly doable, but lacks the impact that a single map would have. Imagine a Disneyland park, than a connecting resort area with multiple hotels which then connects to another park, which is then connected to another park via roadway or some other connection. That would be intense. Currently only doable if you splice a few aerials together, but maybe something like OpenRCT could make it possible in the future.

I have other ideas too, but many of them are for specific rides that could eventually become a reality so I'll keep them to myself for now. If there's any real chance that you would do one of your ideas in the future, just hold onto it unless you simply want to put it out there (you've been warned, obv).

So if you could build anything, ANYTHING at all in RCT, what would it be?

• Jappy%s's Photo

A complete recreation of Walibi Belgium. Not that it's that big, but it's my homepark, the one that I really love. Doing it justice would be very difficult, and the fact that coasters and rides like Loup-Garou lie in a certain angle make it incredibly hard to get right. So for now, I just have to be happy with my section of it featuring Psyké Underground and Flash Back. Got to get around and finish that someday...

• MCI%s's Photo

I´ve made plans and everything for a middle-earth "recreation" in rct2.

Never started building though, because there is no chance to do it in ncso and in cso you would hit the object limit way to soon. (+I´m garbage at cso)

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

The one thing I want anyone to achieve in RCT that we basically just can't ever do is a Disney-level park (or full resort) that exists independently of Disney.  

I basically want to know what the amusement industry would look like in an alternate timeline where Disney wasn't the first to produce a truly world-class destination park, but since Disney is the best reference point any of us have that's what we have to use.

I'm trying to do this as much as possible with Vermillion, but it is very difficult to try to invent a reality when there's such concrete examples to point to and say "why not just do it this way, this seems to be the best way to do it."  I'm pulling from Universal and Port Aventura as much as or more than I am from Disney, but neither of those parks would be what they are without the Disney model to work from either.

• RCT2day%s's Photo

College campus.  I've drawn up plans, played around with Gothic and modern architecture, looked at other universities for inspiration, all I need to do is build it.  But it would require custom scenery (which I'm meh in) and lots of time (which I don't have) if I was going to do it right.

• nin%s's Photo
    I basically want to know what the amusement industry would look like in an alternate timeline where Disney wasn't the first to produce a truly world-class destination park, but since Disney is the best reference point any of us have that's what we have to use.

I've been toying with this idea as well, but with one of the other studios in Hollywood. Universal did it a bit when they started running the studio tour and later turning that into a park,  but what if another studio, like WB, MGM, Paramount, etc had done the same. Each has their own studio layout that could've become a theme park standard. Disney just went up and built a park from nothing though which "ruined" that idea for the rest.

• Louis!%s's Photo

A spotlight.

• Sulakke%s's Photo

A spotlight.

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Eftel Towers 2. It's too big, and the object limit wouldn't allow it... Something else is that I feel the need to recreate every place I visit in real life. Urban places, mostly. I think every neighbourhood has its own qualities and I want to record it in RCT2. However it's a LOT of work, would end up being a huge multi-map project, and not many people beside myself would actually care for it... Only the historic Amsterdam is going to happen eventually, I'm sure of that. Now that I live in the middle of it, there's no day that I'm not inspired.
  • mintliqueur%s's Photo

An accolade park. Or just finish a park at all, bigger than like, 50x50...

• chorkiel%s's Photo

A finished design.

• RCTER2%s's Photo

An accolade park. Or just finish a park at all, bigger than like, 50x50...

• Poke%s's Photo

An age of empires inspired park. Like two empires in battle or something with markets, towers and castles  and ships fighting over a sea. Sorta like a much bigger siege of Jerusalem.

• Maverix%s's Photo

Call of Duty esc Zombie map.  Tried it once, but lost motivation.  It seems like it could be done, but I don't really have the desire to do non theme park related stuff.

• Steve%s's Photo
    Epcot.
  • Coupon%s's Photo

a park based in washington centered around a lake

• inthemanual%s's Photo
    Timeline park centered around a mountain adventure resort that operated year round with skiing in the winter and mountain biking in the summer. Probably with an indoor water and amusement park added on later on in the parks history, and maybe an alpine coaster and some other cool ideas I'd had.
  • Bubbsy41%s's Photo
    I've always wanted to make a huge Disney Resort like a bunch of hotels and parks. Buses all over, Monorails, Fairies and made even an airport. Granted this would never happen, but still one of most wanted to do ideas.
  • posix%s's Photo

Full scale LL spotlight coming close enough to Schuessler's sublimity.

• Louis!%s's Photo

Sorta like a much bigger siege of Jerusalem.

I read this as a much better Siege of Jerusalem, and was like BITCH PLEASE

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading