RCT Discussion / That One Thing

• pierrot%s's Photo

An age of empires inspired park. Like two empires in battle or something with markets, towers and castles  and ships fighting over a sea. Sorta like a much bigger siege of Jerusalem.

If someone make staffs as a object(centered and 1/4 tiled piece), I think it's quite doable.

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Reminds me of another idea I had... Even reached the testing phase.

A 256x256 map, roughly shaped like South America, the Carribean and the Atlantic. The whole map would be themed to pirates and anything remotely related to that. Tortuga, Port Royal, some colonies showcasing different styles of colonial architecture (Willemstad for Dutch, Salvador for Portuguese, so on), El Dorado on the mainland, maybe some ruins in a jungle somewhere, a castaway settlement on one of the many islands... And lots of smaller ideas too: a life sized sand fort, with cannons and shit, appearing as if a mirage. Some boats sailing around the map. Maybe a Somalian ship for laughs. One of the big centerpieces of the map would be a naval battle, a cluster of ships (a lot of them), with a lot of movement and some triple/quadruple/whatever cleverly designed duelers representing different factions (Dutch, Spanish, English). Another thing I wanted to do was hiding some treasures on the map, that you could find with clues. It'd be a big map with a lot of landscaping, so that would've been fun. I had many more smaller ideas, won't get into them now... Maybe when I find some of my sketches.
  • Poke%s's Photo

honestly pierrot, if I was to ever build it, it would be in LL.

• robbie92%s's Photo

I've always wanted to do a full-scale park approaching the same style and level of parks like Isole Calabria or The Masterpiece, using similar objects and similar approaches to building.

Also, I've always wanted to do a fully-realistic urban park, with skyscrapers, transit infrastructure, "landscape" design, cultural institutions, etc... Something completely detached from a theme park but reliant on architecture and detail work.

• Top Gun%s's Photo

A pokemon park. I have ideas but I cant execute them.  :(

• bigshootergill%s's Photo
    I've always wanted to do a full-scale park approaching the same style and level of parks like Isole Calabria or The Masterpiece, using similar objects and similar approaches to building.

I would love to see you build a park like that, break from the realism chains

• Dr_Dude%s's Photo

any park

• robbie92%s's Photo

Bigshootergill: The OdysSea screens on my profile were me starting that park. There's a few more recent objects in there, but the spirit was to be the same, with the whole park themed after fantastical ports-of-call.

• bigshootergill%s's Photo

Bigshootergill: The OdysSea screens on my profile were me starting that park. There's a few more recent objects in there, but the spirit was to be the same, with the whole park themed after fantastical ports-of-call.

Any chance you'll pick up the project in the future? 

• FredD%s's Photo
    I'd always wanted to do some kind of Disney park. But I'll never get to it I'm afraid. Mainly because you have to work with certain rules and use a predefined style. The map would also be huge which makes it more difficult to finish. So don't think I'll ever start on that.

Other than that, I have plenty of ideas I could do and probably will do after I'm done FUCKing.
  • posix%s's Photo

I remember OdysSea Rob. Super cool and full of character.

• Kumba%s's Photo

I´ve made plans and everything for a middle-earth "recreation" in rct2.

I actually did a full 256x256 Middle Earth landscape in the SE, just it was very basic stuff with mostly the mountain tool. Building the whole thing to peep scale is pretty much impossible on a single map, but my goal was to make it a miniature example of ME. It would be 95% landscaping with stuff like Gondor made of deco blocks in like a 5x5 space.

Making DRC was the most fun I have had in RCT. That's why another park a lot like it (DR3 which lives in my mind, but has not been started on an RCT map yet) would be my "one thing." Doing a full Disney or IoA park would be nice, but I have so many ideas that I don't like to restrict myself and need to make my own parks.

• robbie92%s's Photo

Posix, thanks, and BSG, yes! I think it'll be my post-BGA project. Quite frankly, I need something less exhausting to work on after I'm done.

• Stoksy%s's Photo

I often travel to Broken Hill, and to get there the long-drive takes me through much of the Australian outback. Every time I take that trip I always imagine making a park (well, what would be more of a test in landscape/foliage construction) recreating the rugged outback feel of Australia. Including some abandoned stations, railroads, etc. Never brought to fruition because it'd involve a tonne of foliage work and I couldn't work out how I'd do the road system.

Also, Morrow World came out in H2H7 and the entire area surrounding the train was very, very close to how I imagined the park/landscape turning out.

• chorkiel%s's Photo

It would be cool to see you Aussies team up and create a theme park based in Australia. Wonder what that would look like.

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    Ive had some aussie park ideas cooking in my head for a while too, actually. Sort of a mix of rocky mountain mystique and la reve in terms of atmosphere/style. Maybe in a h2h in the future...
  • Version1%s's Photo

There is this concept in my head of a Theme Park based in the Hunger Games World.

So basically, the foundation of the park would be an old Theme Park in the style of Cedar Fair or Six Flags. After the war that left the capitol in charge and the disctricts as its subjects, the park gets abandoned and starts to fall apart. Then it gets chosen as venue for an event of the Hunger Games. After the games, it gets rebuild as a theme park/historical sight for the citizens of the capitol.

I'm pretty sure I will never be able to pull that off, because I'm not creative enough to do the whole complete->broken down-> repaired aspect, but it would be cool.

• Maxwell%s's Photo

Everything. :(

But in all seriousness, I've wanted to do a full recreation of Wild Adventures for quite some time now, but I probably won't ever get around to doing so.

• ottersalad%s's Photo

I'd like to finish a design or a small park in the near future.

My pipe dream would be to do a Euclid Beach Park recreation.. or at least partially recreated. I have books, videos, and photos from my grandpa of the park.. he would go all the time as a kid. I've always been fascinated by Euclid Beach Park.. the Coney Island of the west.. but whenever I begin to plan, I fear I don't have enough source material or motivation and I give up quickly and resort to doing small projects that I just as quickly scrap..

And, Liampie, I think that pirate map with different colonies that are from different world powers like Tortuga, Havana.. etc. would be cool.. that would be an interesting collab park and probably doable if you take out the naval battle.

• G Force%s's Photo

I'd like to finish a design or a small park in the near future.

My pipe dream would be to do a Euclid Beach Park recreation.. or at least partially recreated. I have books, videos, and photos from my grandpa of the park.. he would go all the time as a kid. I've always been fascinated by Euclid Beach Park.. the Coney Island of the west.. but whenever I begin to plan, I fear I don't have enough source material or motivation and I give up quickly and resort to doing small projects that I just as quickly scrap..

And, Liampie, I think that pirate map with different colonies that are from different world powers like Tortuga, Havana.. etc. would be cool.. that would be an interesting collab park and probably doable if you take out the naval battle.

Euclid Beach is also a favorite of mine as well, living only 30-40 minutes away from its former location, I have lots of family connections to the park.

It had one of the best coaster clusters of all time, with 3 right next to each other.  Including a John A. Miller 1913 moebius Racing coaster, a 1922 Herb Schmeck L shaped coaster, and a Flying Turns built in 1928.

Period pieces however are always super difficult, both in style and source material.  Although at this point with the internet its probably easier than ever, it would always be something I'd be interested in contributing to.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading