RCT Discussion / OpenRCT: advantages and disadvantages

• bigshootergill%s's Photo

My "Giant Screenshot" isn't working properly. It creates a blank file in the "screenshots" folder. Any ideas why?

• Gymnasiast%s's Photo

It is a bug. We're currently trying to fix it.

• Kumba%s's Photo

Other than the mute hotkey, is there a way to a way to shut all the volume off of RCTOpen? I often listen to videos/music on my laptop while in-game and the game/opening menu volume keeps going back on. 

• nicman%s's Photo

Other than the mute hotkey, is there a way to a way to shut all the volume off of RCTOpen? I often listen to videos/music on my laptop while in-game and the game/opening menu volume keeps going back on. 

Using the ear button such as in rct1. 

• Liampie%s's Photo

You can adjust music and sound effects individually in the options menu. I always mute the music and set the sound effects very low so I can play music. The sound effects like clicks and stuff are always useful feedback, similar to the waving money stuff when you place an object. You can mute both though. Settings will save after you quit the game.

• posix%s's Photo

Out of curiosity, could someone tell me the polling rate of right mouse button hold camera movements? Since everything else in ORCT2 is so wonderfully buttery smooth, the camera movements with the mouse seem very jittery.

• Broxzier%s's Photo

Player input is being handled every frame. In case you have the "uncap fps" setting enabled, dragging even gets handled outside of the fixed game ticks.

• spacek531%s's Photo

Since this seems to be the general OpenRCT2 discussion, I will post this here:

I am looking for NCSO parks with a few specific criteria for the next OpenRCT2 title sequence:

- Completely NCSO. If it has to be downloaded or packed with the map, it is not allowed.

- Roughly 25 tiles between the exciting content and the map edge. 1080p screens should not see the map edge when viewing most scenes in the park.

- Ideally, content should be slightly spread out. OpenRCT2 is not quite as optimized as vanilla RCT2, and having too many moving things in the frame slows down framerate.

I've been told by the big bosses that they would like to release on July 7, so hopefully I can get enough parks by the 6th.

• Liampie%s's Photo

Sandwich Springs was created 100% NCSO, with the hope of it appearing in the OpenRCT title sequence. It's also pretty dense though.

• GammaZero%s's Photo
    I'm not sure if there are any good parks here with those requirements, since they are a bit arbitrary for parkmaking in general.
  • spacek531%s's Photo

MCI's Inselfieber worked alright. You are correct, though, the NE conventions and the conventions for Title Sequence Parks are mostly non-intersecting. As wonderful as Sandwich Springs is, it's pretty much the mirror of Inselfieber - mostly on the map edge instead of mostly away from the map edge.

• Liampie%s's Photo
    How about Euroscape?
  • spacek531%s's Photo

I originally wrote off Euroscape because it wasn't peeped and the architecture isn't precisely to my taste, but I'll see if I can't get something out of it this time.

EDIT: Does anyone have tips for NCSO invisible support blockers in Open?

• bigshootergill%s's Photo
    To erase supports with ncso, you need to do the following steps with zero clearances off:
    1-Lower the land directly under the support
    2-Place the LS pole on that land tile, which removes the support
    3-Raise the land tile back to the desired height, which will hide the pole you placed

It works in most situations, on rare occasions it doesn't.
  • GammaZero%s's Photo
    You can also use the Tile Inspector to lower the track value below the surface value. That makes the game think the track is underground, and removes the track piece's supports.
  • janisozaur%s's Photo

We have a plan to do another release and yet another video stream!

Find details here: https://www.reddit.c..._openrct2_team/

• imlegos%s's Photo

You could also use any full tile flower scenery.

(to remove supports in NCSO)

• dr dirt%s's Photo

Maybe I'm not a purist, but I don't see the issue with using the support blocker object for NCSO.

• spacek531%s's Photo

Custom scenery objects are not allowed to be distributed with OpenRCT2.

That is to say, I do not know of plans to distribute any custom objects outside of sprite replacement currently.

• spacek531%s's Photo

oh hey, #1000

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading