RCT Discussion / OpenRCT: advantages and disadvantages

• nicman%s's Photo

RIP YSL sprites

They are still based off his sprites for the fins, I just made them taller and more rectangular.

• janisozaur%s's Photo

We have just done 0.0.7 release: https://www.reddit.c..._sixth_release/ and https://github.com/O...ases/tag/v0.0.7

• disneylandian192%s's Photo

So I was playing the game a bit yesterday for the first time in a few weeks. The scenery eyedropper tool to select a piece then have it available to build in the same orientation and color  is probably one of the most ground breaking/biggest time savers I have seen in Open thus far. So many hours of my life had been wasted trying to "re" find objects then changing the colors when building facades or buildings. Building is so much more efficient now and honestly way more enjoyable. Awesome job. 

• bigshootergill%s's Photo

The scenery eyedropper tool to select a piece then have it available to build in the same orientation and color is probably one of the most ground breaking/biggest time savers I have seen in Open thus far. Building is so much more efficient now and honestly way more enjoyable. Awesome job.
    I'm in full agreement. It was an extremely pleasant surprise you guys added that! It's helping a ton in my current, and no doubt future, parks!
  • dr dirt%s's Photo

Just out of curiosity (and an idea) - is it possible to adjust the size of the scenery tree-ing tool, or whatever it is called?  It'd be nice to be able to do random spreads of foliage over smaller distances.

• nicman%s's Photo
    No, although it seems pretty easy to incorporate.
  • Liampie%s's Photo

It would be a very very useful feature.

• alex%s's Photo

Agreed

• Gymnasiast%s's Photo

The scatter tool could be made into a separate window like the water window. We would accept a pull request for that.

-----------------------------------------

In other news, a bug was solved where newly added track pieces (like boosters) would not appear in newer games. I have had reports of that bug, but I'm not sure if that was here or not.

• Liampie%s's Photo

How would that scatter tool work if it's a seperate window? Because the scatter tool involves having selected an object. To use the scatter tool you would have to have two windows open. Maybe I'm overlooking something, possibly, surely, but I think the best place would be where it is right now. I can see a dropdown menu work actually.

• imlegos%s's Photo

Perhaps clicking the button that is currently the scatter tool would open a linked window (similar to depots in OTTD) with the options for advanced scatter.

• YoloSweggLord%s's Photo

I believe Broxzier also mentioned a while ago having a slider of sorts that allowed the user to select the density of the cluster tool. Perhaps this could also be added along with the size change? I imagine that, rather than having a completely new window open up, the sidebar currently containing the eyedropper/recolor/clusterplace/repaint could be expanded outwards to accommodate the advanced clusterplace tool(s) when the clusterplace option is selected, and have the advanced tool(s) be hidden when it isn't selected.

• Broxzier%s's Photo

@YoloSwegLord: You have good memory, I was working on a tool like that 1,5 years ago. The new window can act like a pop-up, or sub-window. Clicking the cluster button in the scenery window would open it, and clicking it again closes it. Including it inside the scenery window might be a problem for smaller resolutions.

• bigshootergill%s's Photo

Not sure if this issue has been raised, but my mechanics and handymen aren't staying within their designated work area, so they're getting clumped in different spots in the park and certain rides aren't getting repaired or areas getting cleaned.

• GigaG%s's Photo

Considering the boosters are now in OpenRCT2, and that it has other features (invisible entrances) that aren't compatible with RCT2, are NE accolades forbidden from using these features for now?

• nicman%s's Photo

Considering the boosters are now in OpenRCT2, and that it has other features (invisible entrances) that aren't compatible with RCT2, are NE accolades forbidden from using these features for now?

Of course not!

• GigaG%s's Photo

^They're not forbidden? Even if the .SV6 will not open or function as intended in RCT2?

• nicman%s's Photo

^They're not forbidden? Even if the .SV6 will not open or function as intended in RCT2?

Yeah, have you checked any recent parks out?

• GigaG%s's Photo

No, any examples? I don't really download from here much anymore, I'm just an occasional visitor.

• nicman%s's Photo

No, any examples? I don't really download from here much anymore, I'm just an occasional visitor.

https://www.nedesign...t-kings-island/

I used openrct2 invisible entrance for the windseeker.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading