RCT Discussion / OpenRCT: advantages and disadvantages

• inthemanual%s's Photo

Would it be better to check for a station with connected path before filtering by height?

• Gymnasiast%s's Photo

It would be slightly better. But I doubt it would matter that much, as the entrance would need to be both in the incorrect place and duplicated.

• Gymnasiast%s's Photo

This is mostly a heads-up: since today, all path additions (benches, lanterns, etc.) and banners will be present under the 'Signs and items for footpaths' tab. They won't end up in the Miscellaneous tab anymore.

• inthemanual%s's Photo

What caused that previously?

• Gymnasiast%s's Photo

Well, there are two ways to put scenery in tabs.

The first method is the most well known: creating a scenery group and telling it what items to include.

The second method is telling a scenery item what group to attach itself to. This allows new items to appear in one of the six default tabs (or any tab, really).

By far most custom content does not employ the second mechanism. The same applies to most WW and TT scenery (quelle surprise...).

• spacek531%s's Photo

I am told that a release version is scheduled to go live in 1 month.

If you are working on an NCSO park, now is your time to shine.

Here is what is required of title sequence parks:

- Peepable/Peeped (I don't want to have to introduce peeps to the park. I tried it with Euroscape and it was not pleasant)

- 'Buffer zone' around the park so that no camera views show the map edge (when viewed on a 1080p screen)

- No custom objects. OpenRCT2 is not allowed to distribute any custom objects.

• YoloSweggLord%s's Photo

What a convenient time, I recently started a project with the intent of making a title sequence map.

• spacek531%s's Photo

I have published a working version of the title sequence on github with the expectation that people will view and review it. Link here: https://github.com/O...uences/issues/4

To keep things streamlined, please post reviews on the github thread.

• spacek531%s's Photo

I have updated the title sequence to what I think is a better version. Please download and comment on the github thread here: https://github.com/O...uences/issues/4

• Gymnasiast%s's Photo

OpenRCT2 will now import RCT1 saves/scenarios with their land edge styles intact. (Only edge styles, not surface styles.) You need to have set the path to the RCT1 files correctly for them to show up (if you lack those files, they will be rendered as rock).

3KlSozB.png

• G Force%s's Photo
    Ooooooo oooohhhh mmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyy gooooooooooooooood
  • alex%s's Photo

!!!! this is huge
    So can you 'choose' these as edge options in OpenRCT2 also? Or they are just carried over?

• Louis!%s's Photo

PLEASE TELL ME YOU CAN CHOOSE THESE IN OPEN TOO.

MULTIPLAYER LL IN DISGUISE PLEASE

• Gymnasiast%s's Photo

Not at the moment, but since it appears to be popular, I'll put it on the list!

• SSSammy%s's Photo

what a legend

• mintliqueur%s's Photo

Ooooohhhh yessssss at last! How long until we also have the surface textures?

• Angroc%s's Photo

Oh yes yes yes!!!!! Will surface styles come too??

• saxman1089%s's Photo

Ooooohhhh yessssss at last! How long until we also have the surface textures?

Oh yes yes yes!!!!! Will surface styles come too??

From what I've seen/read, not for a while. I think he's used up the last of the available bits for this information in the .sv6 format, and any further additions would have to wait until the new save format.  But, I may be wrong.

• mintliqueur%s's Photo

Oh, ok, either way this is a landmark achievement nonetheless! How's the new save format coming along? I understand it's still quite some way off, but it's interesting to know anyway.

• posix%s's Photo

Oh god, my heart....... at last ?!??!?

Surface styles to follow ???

I can't get this to work. My launcher is set to "develop" and it updated just now. My RCT1 path is set to %ProgramFiles(x86)%\RollerCoaster Tycoon and it renders everything as rock. Also doesn't find the music file to play RCT1 music.

Please help!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading