Music Forum / I Need Good Music

• Ablaze%s's Photo
    Well my dad said he saw him live when he was young, so I might have to make my way down to the stage and see him.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Gruvis Malt (fusion)
    ...Trail of Dead (hardcore)
    Postal Service (electronica/indie pop)

So yeah.
  • cg?%s's Photo
    Postal Service? Yeah, download a lot of their stuff. I mean, a lot. As well as the stuff from the bands which spawned them (Dntel, Death Cab For Cutie & Rilo Kiley).

With that said: :wumpscut: and Wolfshiem. Two tracks you should check out are "Everyone Who Casts A Shadow" (Wolfshiem), and "Wreath Of Barbs" (:wumpscut:).

Also, :wumpscut:'s "Christfuck" is cool, as is anything off the album Wreath of Barbs. Sadly, Wolfshiem's "Casting Shadows" isn't as solid, but still, great music.

You can find out what kind of stuff it is when you download them, or something. I believe both bands are on the Metropolis label, too, and I would reccomend getting anything off there.

Yeah... definetly. Especially the kick-ass double-live Bahaus album of there's "Gotham". Kick ass... and that sort of just gave away the genre didn't it?

Oh, fuck it. It's GOTH! Yes, so get it dummy. Ah, and the Faint. I'm liking them a lot too...

"Like a castshadow, like a castshadow, like a castshadow!"

...best Goth ever made by a bunch of mid-western emo kids, ever! Promise. But as I said, Postal Service kicks ass. "Sleeping In" and "We Will Become Silhouettes" are my favorites, off their album.

The first singe ("Such Great Heights") is good too. Also, didn't ...Trail Of Dead call themselves "Emo"? They must be the first band to ever do that! How could you call them Hardcore after that, dude?
  • Chesire%s's Photo
    They are like art-mo (art+emo)....yes, I just made that up, but they aren't emo. And definately not hardcore...

I recommend (well, everything I listen to):

...and you will know us by the trail of dead
    Give up the Ghost ( aka American Nightmare)
    The Blood Brothers
    The Locust
    From Autumn to Ashes
    The Exit
    Hot Hot Heat
    Glassjaw
    The Smiths
    Thursday
    The Mars Volta
    At the Drive-in
    Saetia (thank you Harakirii)
    and uhh....nothing else...
  • Tony%s's Photo
    I like Thursday...and Saves the Day...and The Starting Line...MxPx...Taking Back Sunday....The Juliana Theory...the list goes on!
  • Pym Guy%s's Photo
    pop-punk... eh
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    Primus.

Their lyrics are entertaining, though they can't sing too good, and the drummer and bassist are top notch. Good stuff.
    On a side note, you might rcognize one of their songs as a Tony Hawk Pro Skater song.
  • Pym Guy%s's Photo
    QOTSA, you're so indie.
  • Stargazer%s's Photo
    Red Hot Chili Peppers - Freaky Styley

*stargazer*
  • `sfkstyle%s's Photo

Primus.

Their lyrics are entertaining, though they can't sing too good, and the drummer and bassist are top notch.  Good stuff.
    On a side note, you might rcognize one of their songs as a Tony Hawk Pro Skater song.

Primus fucking rules.
    10/10
    Claypool is a wonderful slapper.
  • Ablaze%s's Photo

...Trail of Dead (hardcore)

ToD hardcore..maybe in the likes of your mind but Id say that Cryptopsy are a tad more hardcore than ToD. Maybe call them "Rock".
  • Stargazer%s's Photo
    Claypool is a bass god...nuff said

*Stargazer*
  • Pym Guy%s's Photo
    keep em coming guys, alot of them i like
  • Prince%s's Photo
    try Fireproof by Pillar, What it is to Burn by Finch, and Pitiful by Blindside.

~Prince Ashitaka~ 8@
  • Pym Guy%s's Photo

try Fireproof by Pillar, What it is to Burn by Finch, and Pitiful by Blindside.

~Prince Ashitaka~ 8@

those are pretty cool
  • Cap'n Quack%s's Photo
    Lynard Skynard :)
  • mantis%s's Photo
    I thought you'd already got Discovery....just listen to that again.

And again.

And Yoshimi. Yes.

edit

ooh and Odelay. Get that.

And Statues.
  • Pym Guy%s's Photo
    Thanks for the suggestions mantis :)
  • x-sector%s's Photo
    Get Sean Paul Like I told you and get R kelly, and Good charlotte
  • Pym Guy%s's Photo

Get Sean Paul Like I told you and get  R kelly, and Good charlotte

don't really like those