General Chat / Subtle Cultural Variety

• YoloSweggLord%s's Photo

Oh shit I just realized that supposed to be prices, not prizes. No wonder I was so confused.

• mintliqueur%s's Photo

^I wanna see you shit into the urinal :p

Depending on what you've eaten and how well your digestive system handled it, such a thing would work perfectly fine! ;)

But how about the women? Normally they don't use urinals...

YoloSweggLord: That would've been something, wouldn't it? Getting a prize for using the bathroom!

• FredD%s's Photo

I think paying for toilets is ridiculous. We don't have it anymore in our theme parks, last park you had to pay for that was Bobbejaanland. My football club also made toilets free 2 years ago after a storm of complaints. In stations etc you still have to pay tough.

If had the choice to pay for a normal toilet, or a free French toilet... I definitely would give some euro's for the normal toilet. French toilets are disgusting!

• Steve%s's Photo
    Boston has at least a few toilets I know of that charge you to use them in the city. However, these are in heavily trafficked areas in terms of tourists where you'd be hard-pressed to find a restroom otherwise (like the park, or something).

I'm pretty sure they're also entirely powered by solar energy and use reusable water so they're incredibly eco-friendly and well maintained.
  • GammaZero%s's Photo
    How the fuck do you guys live with paid toilets :p
  • RWE%s's Photo

How the fuck do you guys live with paid toilets :p

Haha it's easy, you're just used to always have some coins in euros in your pocket overhere!

• nicman%s's Photo

How the fuck do you guys live with paid toilets  

Well the guests in rct2 some times have to pay for toilets.   :p

• imlegos%s's Photo

Only because madmen play this.

• Liampie%s's Photo

Last time I paid for a toilet was in De Efteling, ages ago. It's not that common. And frankly it's not that awful to leave twenty cents if there is a cleaner present anyway. It's kinda like tipping in restaurants.

• GammaZero%s's Photo

Last time I paid for a toilet was in De Efteling, ages ago. It's not that common. And frankly it's not that awful to leave twenty cents if there is a cleaner present anyway. It's kinda like tipping in restaurants.

Yeah, tipping also isn't that common in Brazil (at least the places I go to, it might be at some of the more fine dining restaurants), so the comparison kinda doesn't work for me :p

• Tolsimir%s's Photo

Yeah the tipping thing is also quite uncommon here in Spain, too (or atleast different to Germany). When you pay the waiter will always come back with change, even if you already are on the way out. They are not even used to 'round up'. So when you have to pay like 4.60 and give a 5 euro bill they don't take the 40ct for granted while in Germany almost every waiter would just keep it unless you are standing next to him 10 seconds opening your hand and expecting the change (what of course is considered rude then...).

Yesterday I tipped the waiter with a piece of cake and he was very happy :D

• chorkiel%s's Photo

Dutch people generally don't tip either. There may be a slight trend among the younger groups where we tip more, but the restaurants that do want an extra for their personell add a service fee of 10%. That makes it less interesting to tip, if they already force-take a tip from you.

• RWE%s's Photo

Yeah in Germany to tip really is something like a common courtesy, germans are also tiping very many different persons, like the waiter, the hairdresser, the person who cleans the toilet, the travel guide, the taxidriver, the private tutor, the freelance musician or DJ at your party, the gardener, the craftsman... Just everyone who seems like he doesn't have much money in his pocket.

• SensualEthiopianPolice%s's Photo

It's weird because in America, tipping is also a common courtesy

• trav%s's Photo

Tipping in the UK has become more common over the past few years I feel. A lot of fancier restaurants won't even give you a choice, it's automatically added on to the bill, so to take it off the bill you have to actually ask, which of course makes you look like a Grade A dickhead.

I hate the tipping culture though. If I enjoyed service and everything was great, I'll leave a tip just as a thankyou. When you start expecting tips, like takeaway delivery drivers seem to, that's when I don't give a tip.

• FredD%s's Photo

Tipping in the UK has become more common over the past few years I feel. A lot of fancier restaurants won't even give you a choice, it's automatically added on to the bill, so to take it off the bill you have to actually ask, which of course makes you look like a Grade A dickhead.

I hate the tipping culture though. If I enjoyed service and everything was great, I'll leave a tip just as a thankyou. When you start expecting tips, like takeaway delivery drivers seem to, that's when I don't give a tip.

Oh man, I hate when they include tips on the bill. They take away your choice of wanting to tip or not, I don't care at all for asking to take it off, looking like a douchebag or not. IMO they are the douchebag for billing you more knowing most people will be to ashamed to ask to take it off, extra profits for them. Disgusting!

Tipping is not common in Belgium, for the simple reason our servers are paid a decent salary so they don't need tips to make money. And for me, it's hard to understand it doesn't work like that in other countries. Why won't you pay your staff enough so they don't need to survive on tips?!  

• trav%s's Photo

Why won't you pay your staff enough so they don't need to survive on tips?!  

That's the thing. In UK, there is still a minimum wage, which they have to be paid - the same as pretty much all retail workers. But you'd never expect to leave your change when you've just bought a new top from Zara, would you? Makes no sense why it's such a common thing in catering. 

• chorkiel%s's Photo

I'd like a system where waiters are paid less and more dependent on tips. That way they have to work harder / be more enjoyable people resulting in better service. It would need to be common courtesy to tip though and I'm pretty sure Dutch people are generally too greedy for that.

• SSSammy%s's Photo

wtf? you'd prefer if people were payed below a living wage? just so you get better service? fuck that noise dude

• Louis!%s's Photo
    I tip if it's not a poor service. If it's a poor service I don't tip. I don't tip delivery drivers unless it's just not taking the change of 50p or something lol

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading