RCT Discussion / NE Multiplayer Server

• X7123M3-256%s's Photo
    How frequently does the server update? My network version seems to be ahead of the server.
  • GammaZero%s's Photo

How frequently does the server update? My network version seems to be ahead of the server.

Using the stable version does not work anymore?
  • X7123M3-256%s's Photo
    According to the server list, it's running 0.06 (which is develop). I updated earlier today and my network version is now showing 22 when every multiplayer server is on 21. So I guess either the network version was updated recently and servers haven't caught up, or I messed up the update somehow. I'll wait a few days and see if anything changes.
  • janisozaur%s's Photo

We're now out of feature freeze, so there's an influx of PRs getting merged, some of them will bump network version.

The one in question: https://github.com/O...nRCT2/pull/4847

• Recurious%s's Photo

I'm having the same issue as X7123M3-256, any idea how long this will take to fix?

• X7123M3-256%s's Photo
    As a workaround, you can checkout commit 31d4f79. This appears to be the last commit before the one that changed the network version. Hopefully the server will update soon.
  • G Force%s's Photo

New additions look great guys, keep up the good work!

• G Force%s's Photo

So we've gone an removed a bit of the work on the map that didnt really seem to fit.  Basically just the hill and the launched coaster.  

I know Scoop and Jappy worked on those areas, so feel free to build there again, just try to fit the map a bit better.  Scoop, you can even re-build that great layout, just perhaps work with some of the other members to get it into a more usable position on the map.  Since it was one of the first things built, I don't think it really fit in the map the way it was placed, and we needed some of the space for some of the entrance and mainstreet.

• Jappy%s's Photo

So the one thing I built I actually thought looked great got scrapped? Damnit :p

• G Force%s's Photo
    The building looked good, but it was in a bad spot. Feel free to rebuild it somewhere where it fits a bit better.
  • Version1%s's Photo

I, too, enjoy removing the most promising area of my park because it "doesn't fit".

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    Beef
  • Scoop%s's Photo

pretty much

• FredD%s's Photo

Where do I find the chat?

• Brent%s's Photo

Anyone else seen that 'cum bucket" park on the server? Jesus Christ, how is that thing still up? 

• Liampie%s's Photo

Haven't seen anything like that! Maybe a remnant of the permissions incident we had. Someone accidentally set 'moderator/regulator' as the default group for new members. That's very stupid and dangerous, but the UI is not great in the Multiplayer menu so accidents happen easily. Everyone please look at the menu to see where the default user group is set, so that you know how those accidents can happen and especially how not have those accidents.

• Liampie%s's Photo

Things are falling into place more and more. Here's a map of the park in its current state, with all areas marked.

Attached Image: map.png

- Entrance area
    - Ethiopia
    - Nepal
    - Germany
    - Montana
    - Horror
    - Space

These areas look pretty set. They're very likely to stay. Then there are some problematic areas:

- Mexico: due to ever changing coasters in a pre-existing station, this area is a planning disaster. In the map above I envisioned it as a two clusters of architecture on either side of the coaster, with a path underneath the coaster's peninsula connecting the two. Faas's unfinished cactus garden would have to go.
    - Monte Carlo: kinda squeezed into the middle, reduced to a small strip of land along the lake due to several removals. With a couple of buildings, and a major ride on the strip of land between Monte Carlo and the big woodies, it still has existence rights as a secondary main street after the Port of Entry. I don't like stratacoasters but I think it could work in this case...
    - Maverix's woodies: theme still unknown. It is also unknown where the theme zone would actually go and what should happen with the remaning empty land, namely...

- X: it could have a tiny area. It could also be an extension of mexico, which would then get a really weird layout without a core again. It could also be a part of Maverix's area, but it's very far removed from the coaster stations.
    - Y: this used to be a water park, now it is just grass. It is big enough to hold an area of it's own. However, the only access point is through the Space area. The woodies are impenetrable and visually a huge wall. It kinda makes it impossible to do anything of value with this plot.

Here's what I think is the only solution that does not include removing the woodie. It will include the removal of Monte Carlo and Faas's Mexico contributions, as well as more parking lot.

wbBqL6M.png

Monte Carlo will be removed and added to the lake in almost its entirety, including the empty strip of land. Port of Entry would have to be extended a little bit, sadly, to connect with the space area. Plot Y would be divided between the parking lot and the space area, preferably in the form of an indoor ride so the wall of wood won't be as dominating. Indoor rides tend to look good at the park edge, next to parkings, anyway. Plot X would be divided between Maverix and Mexico, with the lower part of Mexico being dissolved. Maverix would then have a stretch of land free from interference by other neighbouring themes. No sudden Mexican interruptions.

What do we think?

• G Force%s's Photo

I'd suggest getting rid of Monte Carlo and expanding the lake.  Not sure the Monte Carlo stuff totally fits, and if people are willing to extend the PoE area, that would probably look the best.

• posix%s's Photo

I really love the water front in Monte Carlo. Would be a great shame to remove it. The lake is big enough as is.

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    This is so fun, loving the communal building vibes. I agree with your thoughts on the waterpark spot- maybe it could be a sick hotel (like one of the phantasialand ones maybe?)

Im not the biggest fan of the monte carlo strip thematically but it would be sad for jappy to see it gone completely i think.

Also, love how you did those maps it really tripped me out for a bit

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading