RCT Discussion / NE Multiplayer Server

• Recurious%s's Photo
    So I have not been able to check out the park in the last couple days due to me being abroad. Could someone post an overview of how it currently looks? Because its pretty hard to see from the topviews posted by Liam. Since I mostly worked on the mexican area: I can understand that the bottom row of architecture near the woodies can be problematic, since it is very close to some other areas, therefore feel free to remove it.

Furthermore I like the division that Liampie put up. Maybe some backstage buildings on the plot were the old waterpark used to be? Because a huge parking lot is also kinda meh, plus it would shield from the huge wall of woodies? Also, I approve of the space theme area, I love spacey stuff.
  • Faas%s's Photo
    My part would have to go? That's fine but that means parks like this are not for me, far too confusing what is going on :p. I was the one that kept my area small to not get in the way and everyone started building coasters right through it. Park looks good though!
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    I also don't agree that your work should go Faas. If people build quality work as have spent time building it then it shouldn't be removed. Fair enough if the work is low quality or doesn't fit the park guideline of being 'a themed park', but to remove work of a decent quality is absurd. It's not like we are trying to build a spotlight.
  • Liampie%s's Photo

What do you suggest should happen, Louis?

• Louis!%s's Photo
    In all honesty, if anything should be removed it should be the dueling woodies.

I think when people build, they should understand the rest of the park and how what they build fits in. This isn't planning before, this is being respectful and planning as you build.

I think those woodies don't fit in the current location. And that should have been thought about before building and during building.

A large wooden coaster that split the park was removed, in favour of another wooden coaster that splits the park. So that wasn't ideal.

To remove work that fits, and is of decent quality is ludicrous. Faas work should stay, so should Jappy's, and honestly, I don't see why the diver and Nepal was also removed, but that's already been done so fair enough.

In my opinion, whilst the woodies are decent, they should go as they are the problem, and it should have been realised whilst they were being built.

Nepal shouldn't have been removed, neither should the diver, and faas and Jappy's work shouldn't be removed. What's done is done, but I just don't think work should be removed unless it's totally necessary. Layouts are easy to save and use in another build. Buildings and theming and areas aren't. This should be taken into account.

But also, At the same time I don't see why the woodies and the Mexico area can't be joined up into one big Mexico area and the Space area be extended. Monte Carlo fills the other little gap and it's all sorted. But I haven't been into the server yet, so there may be an obvious reason why this can't happen. So if that is the case the remove those woodies for the reasons I stated above.

Just my personal opinion though.
  • Brent%s's Photo

lol looks like things are going swimmingly... maybe get a second park going. But, this is just growing pains. Or God syndrome going between users.

• Louis!%s's Photo
    Things actually are going well, it's just a learning curve for everyone involved, like you say 'growing pains'. At the minute people are just building whatever they feel like, which at the beginning as the park is being formed is totally ok and welcomed, but as the park is becoming more refined, the build process needs to be too. So people need to be more thoughtful as they build and think of the overall picture, think of what to build that fits the park rather than build what they want to build.

I'm saying all this as an outsider, I'm not one of the major players of the park.
  • Recurious%s's Photo
    I think for next time it would be better if one person already makes a park layout and divides the park into areas. And then anyone can take one of theese areas and build in them. This would solve many of the issues of things being to cramped or overlapping with eachother.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Well that then becomes the standard group park we didn't want these to be, the way things are going is fine, we've got an amazing park with so much contribution and everyone working together, just hitting some minor 'troubles'
  • RWE%s's Photo

Well, i must say except for the deleting i like how things are going on the server. Of course, it is important to make the path layout and stuff like that as realistic as possible, but hey, this is a fun project and as many people as possible should contribute with their style and their idea, while fitting into the park idea. We shouldn't take it too seriously!

• Bubbsy41%s's Photo
    I feel like instead of mapping things out or letting anyone build what ever they please, I'd rather see each builder be on the same page and understand what kind of park we are going for. For example while the duelers are beautiful, they just don't fit with the park style. I feel if everyone know what we were going for with the park as a whole then we really wouldn't have to delete anything.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    ^This is the point.

But the trouble is we can't dictate in the server very well as not everyone is there all of the time. So it's down to each individual to judge whether what they want to build fits the park overall or not.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    I agree that ive enjoyed the sort of free flowing process that shaped the park. I think we should just all be in the mindset that its ok if your work gets removed or changed- who doesnt do that to themselves all the time anyway? Thats part of shaping a good park together. For some reason this thread became a bunch of people who havent really worked on the park being negative and annoying about it. I reckon lets change that vibe, have some fun and be friendly while still trying to shape a high quality park. Lets take edits and changes in our stride and not let them hurt our egos. (Like bubsy, who voluntarily cut his nepal area like a trooper so he could rebuild it with much better planning!)

I wouldnt really be down for blocking out areas, ive loved being able to sort of build wherever i see fit.
  • GammaZero%s's Photo
    I agree with Cocoa, this sort of restriction we have now hinders the park progression, since most of the time I feel like a lot of people can't even build properly due to the plans that are currently set.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    ^i actually meant that i back liampies plans/ the cutting process weve had so far :p
  • Version1%s's Photo

For some reason this thread became a bunch of people who havent really worked on the park being negative and annoying about it.

Since I feel like I am the only one really fitting that description let me say this: I haven't worked on the park because I'm not good enough and I think it's absolutely batshit insane that you both want a good park and a purely positive vibe. That doesn't work, you either build a park for fun (and let stuff like the Monaco area in it since it wasn't that bad) or you built one for Spotlight, in which case I will give my opinions whether you like it or not :p

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    Nah i reckon you can do both
  • GammaZero%s's Photo
    Oops, looks like I misinterpreted what you were saying :p
  • Liampie%s's Photo

Some of us take this way too seriously!

Attached Image: dudecomeon.png

• csw%s's Photo

Ha! Notice it doesn't say "Connection closed"....Liam booted him! :D

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading