RCT Discussion / NE Multiplayer Server II (Update: February 9th)

• GammaZero%s's Photo

a group of people that aren't selfish

:^)

• FredD%s's Photo

I don't think Maverix just wanted to build the biggest coaster for sake of building the biggest one. He just wanted to do an Intimidator 305 like coaster, wich he has succeeded. Just keep it please. 

• Scoop%s's Photo

I don't think a park needs planning if its done with a group of people that aren't selfish

Good luck with that one.

• Louis!%s's Photo

I wasn't referring to anything in particular, especially not to Maverix. I never even saw the I305 style coaster before it went.

• Bubbsy41%s's Photo

Planning is definitely everything. As long as I can keep my floorless that I worked really hard on, I'd be okay with moving it and such.

It can stay but it needs to be moved.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Park is going well now. Things that need to be noted:

-Invert needs to be reworked, its ugly and too big atm.
    -Wacky worm needs moving/deleting.
    -Floorless needs moving slightly, maybe rotating.
    -There are enough coasters in the park now, so please don't add any more, except maybe a newer woodie and any kiddie/family coasters. (You're work will most likely be removed if you add any)
    -Try and focus on adding content to the park now in the way of architecture and flat rides. For park layout and flow, try and move outwards from the areas already built and connect them rather than build in the middle of nowhere.
    -Don't ruin Steve's entrance lol

There is a solid foundation now for a decent park, layouts are all in place, except for the adjustments above, its now about pushing the rest of the content, its working out nicely and looking great so far, huge steps up from people like GDB & RWE, the middle part of the park from the corkscrew to the entrance, GIB & to mexico is all very strong, lets keep impressing people!
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Haha, I understand the entrance is temporary and up in the air basically. Anyone feel free to mess with it or whatever if that is what the concenus is! I am rather fond of what I started so hopefully it works out!

Otherwise the park is shaping up nicely. I agree with all of Louis's points.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo

feel free to destroy what i did earlier lol im not v good at rct2

• nicman%s's Photo

update the pole object using parkdat as I fixed the shading for the top few pixles.

http://www.nedesigns...ects-by-nicman/

• BelgianGuy%s's Photo

I can't acces the server somehow... updated to the latest develop build and can't seem to get on, any help?

• trav%s's Photo

The server hasn't been updated to the latest build yet, so you have to use the previous build:

https://openrct2.org/downloads

Download the latest 0.0.6.0 build and that should work until the server gets updated.

• Louis!%s's Photo

Yeah the server needs updating, but use an old build to get in if you want to.

Not a great deal further along from when I left last night, but good to see some more content in Mexico.

Mav, the invert still needs work :p

• Louis!%s's Photo

Progress is going well. As one of the leading builders/planners (IMO), I've been setting down comments around the park and trying to give some guidelines/background for the park so the building goes smoother.

Current overview with suggested plans/ideas:

Attached Image: plan.png

-7 Distinct areas with a clear park boundary.

-The western area and the GIB need to get connected as one area otherwise the western area doesnt fit and is tiny and lost in the rest of the park, this also gives the GIB more identity.

-The wooden coaster is either part of mexico, or part of a park extension out of the park boundary (an action zone with go karts/mini golf etc)

-Blue lines is backstage stuff

-Green lines is park infrastructure, parking, hotel/camp-site/motel, possible action zone.

Layouts are all in now, everything else needs to be support rides and content. Floorless has been rotated to make a better area for it, and the invert still needs playing with. Everything else is fine where it is.

Just remember that work can and may be removed if there is a general consensus/main builder thinks its best, we will try to make this aware to the original builder and remove when they are around, but this is not always possible. Feels to me like the main builders are Myself, G Force & Trav.

• Lilith%s's Photo

I just want to say that as an amateur working on my first full-scale submission, being able to see the process and how you guys work and plan is super helpful with my own projects. Thanks for making this project available to the public, I love watching you guys build.

• G Force%s's Photo

I'd suggest looking at Valleyfair's Arrow for inspiration on the surroundings Louis.  They've done a nice job with theirs.  Perhaps Darien Lake's Viper as well to a lesser extent, mostly because the layouts are similar, though the surrounding for that ride are really quite forgettable.

• Liampie%s's Photo

Excellent plan Louis.

• Lotte%s's Photo

MAKE AMERICA BLUE AGAIN

• Steve%s's Photo
    The plan seems solid! However, I feel like this park is too big. It just seems so spread out. Too late to do anything about that now I suppose. Maybe move the floor less closer to the entrance? Could we move the hyper coaster close without being too near the invert?
  • Louis!%s's Photo

Things have been jiggled around with. The invert layout has been redone and is now incredible (it was by me, so of course it is :p ) There is now space for a GCI, and this is marked on the map, if someone wants to tackle that?

• G Force%s's Photo

Spread out is good.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading