RCT Discussion / NE Multiplayer Server II (Update: February 9th)

• BelgianGuy%s's Photo

can I ask why you have 2 B&M loopers that close to eachother? feels redundant... maybe swap the floorless with something more unique like a blits or anything worthwhile and less cookie cutter

• Version1%s's Photo

What are you talking about? There is only 1 B&M Looper on the map? Or do you mean the Looper and the Inverter?

• BelgianGuy%s's Photo

yeah they do the exact same thing

• Version1%s's Photo

Well, we are trying to build an American park here, so...

• BelgianGuy%s's Photo

thing is it does all the exact same inversions and has the exact same size, it's stupid to put both in the park...replace one of them with an intamin, something the park is truly lacking atm

• G Force%s's Photo
    We had an Intamin but you deleted it.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Coaster type doesn't seem like a huge issue, plenty of real life parks have more than one B&M coaster, whether it's floorless, inverted, wing rider etc. islands of Adventure is one of the best theme parks in the world and has only those two B&Ms. Just because we CAN have a wild coaster lineup doesn't mean we HAVE to.
  • G Force%s's Photo

I think the coaster lineup is quite nice at this point.  Is it planned perfectly?  Not at all but we can live with it.  Probably the weak link in my eyes is still the Invert and the Hyper, but at this point we can probably live with the Hyper.  The invert needs work but its in kind of an awkward spot that doesn't allow much modification.  Initially I like the idea Cocoa had of making a Great Bear like ride along a river, but at this point that doesn't seem to be the case.  

The invert layout could definitely use work, but at this point I think the coasters we have are going to stay.

• BelgianGuy%s's Photo

I never deleted anything, I haven't even touched the park, I've only watched it progress from the sidelines...

• BelgianGuy%s's Photo

and for the record I have no problem with the 2 types, it's just they do exactly the same with exactly the same height and inversions... I mean make one of them smaller, like get the invert B:TR size, it doesn't need to be as large as it is right now

• Louis!%s's Photo

The invert needs work but its in kind of an awkward spot that doesn't allow much modification...

...The invert layout could definitely use work, but at this point I think the coasters we have are going to stay.

I'd like to see you do better with such an awkward positioning! :p It was horrendous trying to get that to look decent, I think I did a pretty good job on it considering how awful it looked previously and how badly close to the map edge it is/station positioning. Unless it has been changed again, which I'll be pissed about cause I needed to save the layout.

So if that is going to be removed or changed, let me know, as I'll use it for my own stuff.

Edit: Turns out somebody changed the invert layout, so I'm changing it back, the ending to the layout is much worse, mine looked decent considering the restrictions (in my eyes). 

Changing it back so I can save the layout in case it changes again, not only changing it to be a dick, just somewhat of a dick, because I can, and I love that layout.

• WhosLeon%s's Photo

So Guys, I just themed almost the entire GCI accidentally in single player. Is there any way to switch up the file used on the server? Nobody did any work since.

Attached Files

• Jappy%s's Photo

If you are gonna switch the file; please change the park setting first. Change the "pay per ride" to "entrance fee"

• WhosLeon%s's Photo

done

Attached Files

• Lotte%s's Photo

ehm I did a tiny amount of work...

Also I'd consider pay per ride massively superior. We are not going to charge a fee for the entrance (having more peeps in is key!), and charging per ride allows us to charge for all those silly little things IRL parks charge for too (tiny flatrides, go-karts, minigolf)

edit: nevermind that first part, but I would still consider keeping pay per ride

• WhosLeon%s's Photo

If you think it outscales what i've done, we can keep that

• WhosLeon%s's Photo

Okay, well, the first file ive put here still has pay-per-ride

• Jappy%s's Photo

Also I'd consider pay per ride massively superior. We are not going to charge a fee for the entrance (having more peeps in is key!), and charging per ride allows us to charge for all those silly little things IRL parks charge for too (tiny flatrides, go-karts, minigolf)

edit: nevermind that first part, but I would still consider keeping pay per ride

With entrance fee, you can still charge peeps for food, onride photos, souvenirs... all the stuff you would pay for in a park. Just not rides. IMO, that's closer to the real situation in most theme parks.

• G Force%s's Photo

Why the hell are we talking about money.

The only reason I added it, is so you can get some extra feedback when placing objects.  As having high latency and zero clearance on, it can often be difficult to tell exactly how many objects you've placed down, and duplicating objects obviously isn't good for a park where the object limit should be kept in mind.

If you guys want we can turn it off, lol...

• Louis!%s's Photo
    No I found it useful to have money for that reason G.

I think for the save swap, you'll just have to redo it Leon, it's a bummer but we can't stop people from building whilst we wait for the save to swap so it's just best if you rebuild it, sorry

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading