RCT Discussion / Park Updates

• KaiBueno%s's Photo
    Congrats on beating down thw object limit...looking forwsrd to seeing your park.
  • Coasterbill%s's Photo

That's awesome. I can't wait.

Fuck the object limit.

• roygbiv%s's Photo

good job saxman.

I dont think 2019 is possible for me to finish my map

• Timothy Cross%s's Photo

Hey everyone, hope you’re all doing well. Progress on Spaceport Omega is utterly extremely slow and I’m sorry for the lack of screens or information. I’m honestly not sure if anyone cares too much about the park, or if there will be any interest or response (good or bad) to this post, but that’s not the point. The point here is a quick explanation and update, in case anyone is curious. Warning also, there will be mentions of the Bible in this post.

I attended a nonsensical, unbiblical drug and alcohol rehab labeled ‘Christian’ about 7 years ago where people spoke in tongues (in an unbiblical way) and thought they had superpowers and I thought I was the crazy one. I had to learn sanity and sobriety on my own through repentance, prayers, and bible study, but if I learned anything from that place, it’s the need to make amends (as I agreed with them there from a biblical stand point). The purpose of this park is that it’s my way of apology for my past posting habits. If you happened to enjoy that demonic manifestation of him whom I will not name, too bad, I hate him. He’ll never return. And Spaceport Omega is a park I released unfinished, further angering everyone in the process. So for these reasons I figured it’s a park I need to finish. 

I don’t care if you hate me, disregard my posts and ignore me, this isn’t about me. This is about you. This park is for you. It’s my gift to you. I’m not looking for attention, praise, a thank you, or anything in return. Unfortunately, motivation has been extremely hard to come by. I wouldn’t be surprised if I’ve made less than 1% more progress since the unfinished release and later ban, but I’m letting you know through this post that the park isn’t canceled, it has a certain purpose, and it will be finished... 1,10,20 years from now who knows. Perhaps there’s motivation in a new map as I’m intrigued by a realistic version (aesthetically and with backstage, utilities and so on) of this planetarium/park hybrid where guests take spaceship rides from the educational planetarium (spaceport) to the planets/theme lands where the amusement and entertainment is. I’ll have to think about starting over, as I’m just not sure if that’s the right thing to do. And I kind of also posted this with hopes of advice on that. I keep returning to the old file and I don’t feel it and seems impossible to work on, but I’m obsessed and certain there will be some finished version eventually.
  • csw%s's Photo

hell yeah bröther 

• csw%s's Photo

while i'm at it, i've worked on good earth every day the past week. Finally got some ideas for the last area and i'm slowly penciling it in. At this pace I would guess a March 2020-ish release. 

hell yeah bröther

Now I know that posting screens here will receive sarcastic remarks (if any remarks at all) like this. So I wont, not because Im bitter, and I wish I could, but if they receive comments like this, it seems a little senseless, wouldnt you agree? ;-)

Does anyone here have any foresight? What if I release the park and by some miracle its spotlight material? Think about it. Will you vote blatantly low and disrespect the site? Or will you have to swallow your pride and elevate me to parkmaker? I personally dont care. Like I said this is for you. I just dont want anyone looking foolish in the process.

You wont convince me to post screens here now. Cant risk shady replies. Ill try to finish the park soon.
  • KaiBueno%s's Photo

Timothy Cross

OK, please take this post with the most sincerity: This NE is and isn't that same NE that you remember, and I was there.  True, the old Ad District and related commentary 14-15 yrs ago (when I was last here before March of this year) was at times a verbally violent place.  There were a lot of members then that were teens that felt like they could and would say anything.  If they didn't like it, they were at times rude as hell.  This is the NE you remember, and I remember it being that way too at times, but it is not where it is now.

Most members are now in their 20s, 30s, 40s+, and most of them while still having their preferences, are more open minded than 15 yrs ago.  Fantasy is still accepted, color variation is tolerated a hell of a lot more, realism is king, creativity is adored - still.  Don't bring the perception of old NE members and forum attitude and allow it to cloud the 2019 going on 2020 experience.  I think if you open your mind, meet the new people (a lot of old members aren't around), you'll get to know us.  I know I have in the last 8 months, and while it is different with the forums less active, many friends long gone, a lot of activity on Discord instead, I'm still enjoying myself and like to think that I've forged new friendships and built fun new things this year.  Hopefully you can do the same!

If you need proof, look at Table with Umbrella.

https://www.nedesign...-with-umbrella/

15 yrs ago, people would have in a serious way insulted the creator.  These days, it is more of a light-hearted running joke, which the tone of the community is these days.  Competitive yes, but we aren't taking it as seriously to be insulting - I mean, it's a freaking 20 yr old game that we are trying to keep alive at this point.

So kick back, build your park so that you like it for you, take any suggestions as just that and not anything more that you have to do or take it personally, and go from there.  Have fun with the game and with us, you'll like it!

Thanks Kai. I appreciate your sincerity and very thoughtful reply. I’ve been up all night actually playing the game and I’m a bit out of it, so I’ll respond with something more later. But I’m not upset at anyone. Hope everyone enjoys their day.
  • csw%s's Photo

sorry pal, didn't mean to come across as sarcastic. I'm happy you've figured out your life a bit better and want to finish what you've started. I'm glad you want to keep playing RCT. 

• Cocoa%s's Photo

hell yeah brother

• ottersalad%s's Photo

Please make a spotlight-level park! I agree with Kai, the community seems to have changed over the past decade..

Whoops. Forgot to log out yesterday...

Concerning my posts, not the first or last time I’m wrong.

@csw: No worries. I wasn’t offended by your post. Not that I thought it wasn’t a jab at me at the time, but I didn’t actually take it personally. I’m not so worried what others think of me these days. But not posting screens seemed to make sense at the time given the situation. As I’ve been saying, I’m trying to do something that contributes nicely, wether it’s appreciated or not, but if posting screens only produced useless or no comments, seemed to me a pointless thing to do, even if this isn’t for me. Though I thank you for clearing things up and I see it was more in good fun. Sorry I took your comment the wrong way. I’m not the brightest star in the sky.

@Kai: Again, appreciate your post. I get it, the sites different these days. I can think of someone I won’t name who gave me the cold shoulder, God bless him, but everyone else seemed to do the same thing, which got me overthinking that I’m hated and outcast (Im an over thinker and over analyzer perhaps). Once more, I’m not so concerned in a personal sense, I deserve ridicule. But it does still affect your actions. Hence why I thought posting screens was senseless if they’re only ignored.

@Ottersalad; lol, I can’t promise greatness, only that I’ll try my hardest. :-)

@All: I feel dumb. I felt like this park could make amends for past behavior. Now I’m not sure of the specific purpose... maybe it’s unnecessary. Is it a nice token of apology? Just trying to do the right thing these days. Though anyways, with the ball in motion, I need to see it to completion. Guess I’ll post screens when I’ve got something substantial to show. I would only hope people enjoy it and post honestly, criticism tips or opinions etc., whatever floats your boat. Also, last night I began to rebuild fresh. No one advised otherwise so I hope it’s ok. The old map provides zero interest or motivation. And I think the new one could be better.
  • Nic%s's Photo

Redemption is always good.

Not certain why I was previously unsure if spaceport omega is meant as an apology or not... that’s what it’s always been and remains as. Maybe it seemed others weren’t looking for an apology because they weren’t bitter (but I understand if they are), but I feel bad personally for my past. And however others feel, bitter or not, I treated the site and others wrong, so I feel this is necessary, and this is my way of apology.
  • Liampie%s's Photo

From my perspective it doesn't seem necessary to apologise (people change and go through stuff, it happens), but if you want to vent some emotions then I guess it can't hurt to treat it as such. Either way I hope you can make some progress. The concept has always intrigued me.

There’s no doubt I was in the past reckless and stupid. So in the least I suppose I feel personally obligated to a finished version (as indeed an apology) and people can take it as they will.
  • RWE%s's Photo

Aiming for a January submission! Hit me up, if you want to be a tester! I also still need a logo, so if anyone wants to try one out, contact me!

Attached Image: Park 2019-12-29 23-02-43.png

• FredD%s's Photo

Good to hear RWE ^^  I also found my rct mojo back and hope to finish San Federico before the end of February. Not so much stuff left to do...

San-Esteban.jpg

• CoasterCreator9%s's Photo
    1%

Attached Image: 34FC9B21-D5EF-4A90-8454-80A511059886.jpeg

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading