Custom Scenery Exchange / Spacek's Custom Rides

• spacek531%s's Photo

First of all, a big thanks to X7123M3-256 and Janisozaur for creating and building the ride generator program. This wouldn't have happened without them.

NEW! Files are now linked to on GitHub. If for some reason GitHub does not work, the files are still attached to this post and can be downloaded that way.

All custom tracked rides come with at least one track design. The zip files are structured for OpenRCT2, so if you have OpenRCT2 you can unzip to the root directory and everything will land where it should in the track and object directories. All included track designs are free for use without stipulations.

#1: Scenic Railway

XJQVyJ1.png

This is based on the "English" type of scenic railway where the brakeman is seated in between the first and second cars. Includes 2 DATs: SCENICRW.DAT and SCENCRWU.DAT. SCENICRW.DAT is meant for scenario play, while SCENCRWU.DAT is meant for custom rides or scenery and includes sprites for all track elements.

Download

#2: Intamin Wooden Roller Coaster

j7l077V.png

"Colossos felt like a giga that they accidentally made out of wood"

Download

#3: Vekoma Motorbike Launched Coaster

QVAowRY.png

The track selection of the object mimics its real-world counterpart, but the cars have all sprites rendered.

Download

#4: Vekoma MK1200/1212 Modern Trains

7mwe8KR.png

Vekoma began production of these improved MK1200/1212 trains in 2009. They feature vests as the primary restraints and have restraints designed to prevent riders from sticking their arms out to the side. All sprites are rendered.

Download

#5: Gerstlauer Eurofighter

3qBkpGK.png

Due to the limitations of RCT2, track designs are not included with this object. All sprites are rendered.

Download

#6: Morgan Trailered Wooden Roller Coaster Train

bHi8iKH.png

What a mouthful is that? Morgan trailered trains have been used as replacement trains on a number of wooden roller coasters that have survived since the 1920's. All sprites are rendered.

Download

#7: The Pumkin Patch Pack

4370.png

The first non-roller coaster rides I have made. Features three tracked rides for all your harvest needs. Only gentle and diagonal sloped sprites are rendered.

Download

#8: Fisch's Barrel Ride

cQjhXts.png

Made in 90 minutes on stream. Requested by Fisch. Has only gentle slopes and diagonal slope sprites.

EDIT: this ride has been updated once to accommodate some interesting hacks I discovered. Like all X7123M3-256's rides, the .DAT is a simple replacement without having to change anything ingame.

Download

#9: Miniature Rideable Train (Streamlined Diesel)

8n8mi26.png

A 7.5" gauge train in RCT2. Consists of a diesel F-unit, lowboy flatcar with seats for the engineer, gondolas for the riders, and a caboose.

Download

#10: Handcar

eHttOa9.png

Peeps pump up and down on the lever to move. Will coast down grades. Due to RCT2 limitations, the handcar only animates when peeps are present.

Download

#11: Low-Floor Tram

Nghg60K.png

Based on the Skoda 10T tram. In real life these are only 3 cars long (two ends and one center) but I know you guys love to abuse these things so the max train length is 10. Produced from start to finish in 6 hours.

Download

#12: CTR Christmas

dhnmtVr.png

This Christmas season brings you six highly-requested rides and three Christmas-themed rides. Merry Christmas!

Included are nine rides:
    - Zamperla Steeplechase (all sprites, splashes in woodie water splash)
    - Maurer Sohne X-car (all sprites and all sprites inverted)
    - Mack Water Coaster (all sprites, splashes in water coaster splash zone)
    - GravityKraft Timberliner (all sprites, splashes in woodie water splash)
    - Mat slide, 2-Person Mat Slide (swings in turns, includes variants where the mat is invisible when not ridden)
    - Reindeer Sleigh Ride Coaster (all sprites, opens doors in Vanilla/RCTC)
    - Present Race (all sprites)
    - Sleigh Dark Ride (opens doors in Vanilla/RCTC)

I did a lot of work to make these the best rides I have ever made, including a lot of research into existing rides to ensure I get these right.

Download

#13: Knoebels Grove CTRs

r13yvxv.png

Includes seven CTRs specifically-made for Saxman1089's Knoebels Grove recreation:
    - Allan Herschell G-16
    - Allan Herschell S-16
    - Crown Metal Products LS-15"
    - Knoebels Grove Flying Turns
    - E&F Miler Industries Kiddie Coaster
    - Knoebels Grove Motor Boats
    - Zierer Tower Speed Coaster

Download

#14: Steam Rides Pack part 1

QnjZkkS.png

These rides have sat on my hard disk drive for long enough. Two popular train products: the Crown Metal Products S-15 steam locomotive with covered and uncovered OEM cars, and the Chance Rides C.P. Huntington with covered and uncovered cars.

Download

#15: CTR Christmas 2018

pcdiiOm.png

What a year it has been! What better way to celebrate than the biggest custom ride pack ever released? Not one, not two, but three gifts of rides for everyone to enjoy for Roller Coaster Tycoon 2. City Essentials: Part 1, Toybox Pack, and Spacecrabs Collection. Merry Christmas to everyone on New Element Designs and the entire world!

Download

#16: Custom Ride Christmas 2019

GOpQtH9.png

The past two and a half years I’ve been making custom rides for Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 and OpenRCT2. 2019 is no different, and I present to you the fruits of my labors: 33 new and unique rides to make your parks (and non-parks) really pop!

Download

#17: Premier SkyRocket

Premier has produced a number of clone and custom layout LSM coasters using similar trains. This pack provides 3 variants of the SkyRocket trains. The SkyRocket I train resembles the original SkyRocket trains at Kennywood. The SkyRocket II train resembles SkyRocket II trains such as Tigris. The SkyRocket III train resembles the trains used on Full Throttle and many SkyRocket II installations.

Download

#18: Intamin LSM (New Generation)

Intamin has produced a number of new-generation LSM coasters with custom-themed trains. Pantheon, to be opened at Busch Gardens Williamsburg, is the first of this model of coaster to have a more generic style of train.

Download

#19: CTR Christmas 2020

aB6dtNF.png

I've put together a huge pack of roller coasters, trains, and other rides for you all. Please enjoy!

Download

#20: RMC Raptor

IzQsHKl.png

Three different styles of RMC raptor trains, with the official version included while it awaits official distribution. NOTE: the Readme file is INCORRECT about the placement of the .parkobj file. Place it in your objects folder with all the other objects.

Download

hHU1Un1.png

A long Head 2 Head season has led to much innovation and many rides this year!

Download

More custom tracked rides coming soon!

Attached Files

• spacek531%s's Photo

-[ reserved ]-

• RCThibo%s's Photo

Looks nice!

• X7123M3-256%s's Photo

I look forward to seeing what else you're working on. Are you still doing that steam train you were talking about?

• spacek531%s's Photo

Yes, the steam train is still on, and now I have ideas for two of them.

• Julow%s's Photo
    Amazing work, just tried it in game and it's fantastic.
    I rode a scenic railway in spain last year and it was amazing.
    Thank you for this.

• Liampie%s's Photo

Like X7's designs, it feels like the scale is off. It looks too small. I'm also wondering if you can't add some texture to the model... Nice work though. This kind of stuff always comes in handy.

Do you do requests?

• spacek531%s's Photo

The current version of the tool only allows for flat textures, the latest improvements X7 made for his renderer aren't included.

As far as the scale, that is something I noticed as well. I am not going to change the scenic railway, but future trains will use a peep model closer to the right size.

I always have an open ear for suggestions.

• Liampie%s's Photo

Rather than making trains/cars for ride types people will build anyway, I'd love to see new trains/cars that will incentive people to do things that are otherwise not popular.

01332347-f90a-4fc9-943d-fada0117f185_1.4

The women can be a separate object, but what I would like to see is proper pedal boats. Not swans or other weird things. Pedal boats.

• RCThibo%s's Photo

Rather than making trains/cars for ride types people will build anyway, I'd love to see new trains/cars that will incentive people to do things that are otherwise not popular.

01332347-f90a-4fc9-943d-fada0117f185_1.4

The women can be a separate object, but what I would like to see is proper pedal boats. Not swans or other weird things. Pedal boats.

Good suggestion Liam, I've been wanting those too :p

• X7123M3-256%s's Photo

Another one already? I'm really impressed with the speed you're working at. It looks good, though from the screenshot it seems the pivot might be a bit off? Could just be the length of the cars though (there isn't proper support for long cars in RCT2, it's something I'd like to see in a new object format). Haven't had a chance to try these out in game yet though.

• spacek531%s's Photo

I exported the model so that the wheels were touching the XZ plane and the center of the car is above 0,0 so if it's off I wouldn't know about it just from the numbers.

• X7123M3-256%s's Photo

Yeah, that's what you should be doing so it's probably the train length that's the issue. The problem is that RCT2 sets the pivot point level with the track rather than the wheels (it doesn't know where the wheels are on the car), so if the trains are long, they lift off the track on sharp hills. This shitty diagram should help clarify the issue:

Attached File  cardiagram.png (5.93KB)
    downloads: 4

Unfortunately, nothing can be done about this without a new object format. Hopefully it isn't too noticeable.

• spacek531%s's Photo

I've updated the Scenic Railway zip with an "unlocked" version where the trains will not fly off the track and includes sprites for all track elements.

• spacek531%s's Photo

The Vekoma Motorbike Coaster is now up for download, and the Scenic Railway zip has been updated so the train no longer crashes on Spyro-Gyro.

Lets talk about the future:

Here's a list of potential custom train types:

ALWEG monorail
    Baldwin C-19 locomotive
    Bombardier "MK IV/V/VI" monorail
    Chance C.P. Huntington
    Gravity Group Timberliner
    Gertslauer Eurofighter
    Gertslauer Infinity
    Huss Frisbee
    Mack water coaster
    Maurer Sohne X-car
    Morgan tailered train
    O&K feldbahn dampflok
    Schwarzkopf 1st gen looper
    Vekoma mine train
    Vekoma mine train with locomotive
    Vekoma MK1200 3rd gen
    Vuoristorata scenic railway
    Zamperla Disk'O
    Zierer automobile-themed cars

What ones would you like to see?
  • Stoksy%s's Photo

Damn, you're really churning these out. I'm actually looking for a classic public transport bus if that's possible *shameless plug* 

http://www.showbus.c...02 CNG PMCA.JPG

Huss Frisbee would be dope though

• X7123M3-256%s's Photo

That's a long list ... but you're producing these at breakneck pace. I'd like to see you finish the train you were working on - it was looking really good in the last screenshots you posted.

Huss Frisbee

That's a flat ride, is it not? Good luck with that one.

• spacek531%s's Photo

The Huss Frisbee would be placed on invisible track and treated like the many custom swing rides people have made. Including diagonal swing rides, if you're into stringlining. Similar story with the Zamperla Disk'O. I don't think RCT2 has a way to make them spin the way they ought to so they won't unless more ride options in Open come first. Cars with animations e.g. pedal helicopters will animate backwards when they reverse direction.

The trains that I posted I think are suffering from the limitations of the current tool. The rides I've released so far have been on the small-ish size with enough features that the limited color palette doesn't disrupt things too much, but with the trains things are really suffering from the limited 39 color options and the lack of diffuse/specular mapping:

Ch7X36F.png

These could use some surface texture to make them stand out

KqNNj3G.png

Similar deal here.

------

The bus is a neat idea but the windows would either have to be completely invisible or matte black - I don't think rides can have translucent glass sprites, and the tool does not have a way to make reflective glass like the Von Roll monorail has.

• SSSammy%s's Photo

maybe make the windows clear with white lines implying reflection like the glass in minecraft? obviously not as cartoony as minecraft glass. keep up the great work

• RCThibo%s's Photo

The Vekoma Motorbike Coaster is now up for download, and the Scenic Railway zip has been updated so the train no longer crashes on Spyro-Gyro.

Lets talk about the future:

Here's a list of potential custom train types:

ALWEG monorail
    Baldwin C-19 locomotive
    Bombardier "MK IV/V/VI" monorail
    Chance C.P. Huntington
    Gravity Group Timberliner
    Gertslauer Eurofighter
    Gertslauer Infinity
    Huss Frisbee
    Mack water coaster
    Maurer Sohne X-car
    Morgan tailered train
    O&K feldbahn dampflok
    Schwarzkopf 1st gen looper
    Vekoma mine train
    Vekoma mine train with locomotive
    Vekoma MK1200
    Vuoristorata scenic railway
    Zamperla Disk'O
    Zierer automobile-themed cars

What ones would you like to see?

A Gerstlauer Eurofighter or Zamperla Disk'O would be amazing! 

Tags