Custom Scenery Exchange / Spacek's Custom Rides

• G Force%s's Photo
    Maybe just a spiral, something like this:

http://worldartsme.c...d-clipart-1.jpg
  • SSSammy%s's Photo

wap that elephant fountain int middle

• Liampie%s's Photo
    I would keep it as neutral as possible. The pattern you have now is already not neutral enough.

A simple dome would be nice. No patterns, no theming, nothing but the dome.

Zamperla-Disko-Ride.jpg
  • RCThibo%s's Photo

wap that elephant fountain int middle

What he said xD

But a spiral or dome would be good imo. 

• YoloSweggLord%s's Photo

On the topic of potential future projects, I would love to see a Maurer Sohne X-Car.

• RCThibo%s's Photo

Also, I'd love to see a Luna Loop and Butterfly Coaster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNtECPq3lk

Butterfly Coaster ^

https://www.sunkidwo...rides-luna-loop

Luna Loop ^

EDIT: A Biga-Coaster would also be nice:

https://www.sunkidwo...es-biga-coaster

• Coasterbill%s's Photo

If you make the Steeplechase / Pony Express version of that Vekoma motorbike I'll love you forever.

• spacek531%s's Photo

@Coasterbill

I believe that is a Zierer product - the cars are very different despite having similar ideas. Pretty much semantics, but there is a difference between a Zierer horse-riding coaster train and a Vekoma horse-riding coaster train.

----

Ok guys, decision time, bigger than just what to put on the top of the disk-o:

My big plan was to have the following features for this disk-o:

1. Spinning animation
    2. Vertical/loop sprites for vertical segments, because the ride in RCT scale seems like it warrants the steep-to-vertical piece

3. Diagonal slope sprites to allow shoestringers to make diagonal disko rides (includes a dummy car for this express purpose if you set the train size to 2 cars)

This generates a 10 mb .dat file size, and that's after compression. That's absolutely enormous. One of these things has to go and since I'm but one user, it's up to you guys to decide which one (the dummy car for shoestringing can stay).

This is still more-or-less theoretical since there has yet to be a definitive answer on if the animation will work.

The Huss Frisbee will have a similar story.

Vote now on the poll!

• alex%s's Photo

Spinning is priority IMO.

In this order I would prefer:

1 + 2

or

1 + 3

• RCThibo%s's Photo

1+2

• X7123M3-256%s's Photo

Have you eliminated all redundant sprites? The tool will likely write out a bunch of sprite you don't need - for example, if you enable verticals you'll be getting sprites for loops as well. If you replace these with blank sprites you can probably cut down on the file size.

Also, if the ride has any symmetry at all, you might be able to reference the same sprite in multiple places to trim things down even further. This is likely work that you'd have to do manually, though, so I would make it the last thing done before release.

As for whether the animation will work on vertical slopes, that's something of which I'm less certain. I haven't figured out how to make it work on gentle slopes yet, even though I'm reasonably sure that it can.

• spacek531%s's Photo

I have not replaced any unnecessary sprites with blanks - I couldn't get LibRCT2 to build for the reason in janisozaur's issue

• X7123M3-256%s's Photo
    Yeah, what I'm saying is that I'd not conclude that you're using too much space and need to sacrifice features until you've done that, because you're probably writing many more sprites than you need right now.

I've fixed the missing files in libRCT2, tell me if you are having any more problems with that. There are probably several bugs that will surface, they usually do when something I wrote is run on a different system.
  • nicman%s's Photo

@spacek531, you should be able to tone it down, X7123M3-256's rides were able to be less than a mb.

• spacek531%s's Photo

X7123M3-256's rides don't have animations that inflate the filesize 8 times, and don't have vehicles the size of Jupiter.

• Gustav Goblin%s's Photo

I would keep it as neutral as possible. The pattern you have now is already not neutral enough.

A simple dome would be nice. No patterns, no theming, nothing but the dome.

I don't know, I feel like a spiral would fit a Disko really well without feeling too specific.

• G Force%s's Photo
    Can you just release two different files? One with diagonal and one without?
  • spacek531%s's Photo

The first issue is actually getting it to spin without looking like Alex's junkyard.

• tce_k%s's Photo

This is awesome stuff. I really appreciate the work you are putting into this. Thanks.

• Coasterbill%s's Photo

Any update on this? Even if it can never be perfect it's way better than anything we have now. I'd love to see it released.

Tags