• Liampie%s's Photo
    Previous editions
    I: NE's Mirage Islands (released)
    II: Unnamed realism park
    III: Sandwich Springs (released)
    IV: NE's Spaß Welt (released)
    V: Unnamed movie Park

Goal
    Since our last multiplayer efforts have been disappointing, we're going to try to replicate the success of Mirage Islands. And who knows, maybe surpass it in quality. For that we need a couple of things: team work, quality control, restraint when it comes to building coasters, and a considerate attitude. The park will be, again, highly themed realism, along the lines of Mirage Islands. Unique themes recommended.

General Rules
    To achieve the park goals described above, we believe some practical rules are necessary.

It is important that the landscape and scale is consistent. If one guy builds his area with lots of pine trees, single wide paths and buildings that make the peeps look like midgets, and another guy builds his area with tropical foliage, wide paths and buildings on a miniature scale, the park will look weirdly distorted as a whole. Therefore it is very important to be aware of what other people, especially those close to you on the map, have been doing. You are advised to build considerately.
    Try to not reserve space on the map if you're not going to build on it on a short term. If you do, just place a sign with 'reserved' and your name on it. Similarly, you can use signs to invite other people over to continue your work.
    Do not remove or modify other people's work without their permission.
    If you sabotage the park or harass other players, you may be stripped of your permissions. Don't be a dick.
    If you have access to the cheat menu, announce it in the chat whenever you are about to switch on/off zero clearances
    Only enable sandbox mode for whenever it is aboslutely necessary
    Duplicate rides and themes are discouraged.

Some creative rules:
    Don't do any large amounts of foliage until a style for the whole park is determined
    Build coasters only in cooperation and with the consent of others; to avoid coaster spam. We need a good coaster line-up.
    No cliche themes. Blacklisted themes: western, mexican, scandinavian, generic castle, generic asian, super heroes, steampunk, generic science fiction, roman, greek, atlantis, flying dutchman, birds, dinosaurs, pirates, generic americana, generic mediterranean, alpine, himalayan et cetera. Don't try to find loop holes, just try to find new exciting themes. Note how the list said a lot of 'generic'. This is just because we don't want to shut the doors to those themes, because it's certainly possible to do those with original twists.

Permissions
    There are four user groups on this server. Anyone can enter the server, spectate and chat. These are the 'guests'. Anyone who is capable of producting high quality (~60% and up) work is eligible for the 'player' position; the higher ranked people will be the judge of this. A 'player' can build on the map freely, but does not have access to the cheats menu or the pause button, and nor can he edit permissions and kick other players. Then there are the 'Junior players', who are essentially players who are not good enough to fully participate, but can still be of value in supporting tasks. 'Regulators are trusted and experienced players that will have access to all menus and settings. Ideally the majority of players will be 'regulators'. Lastly, there is the position of 'admin', to clarify who is in charge. These permission levels are purely practical, they do not come with prestige.

'Regulators' are the ones reponsible for assigning these user groups to people who join for the first time. If a regulator is sure the newcomer is who he says he is, and his building qualities are good enough to be eligible to build on this server, this is how handing out permissions works:

1. In the top left of the screen, next to the menu button, there is a button with two sitting peeps. Clicking this button will open the multiplayer menu, which looks like this:

2. As you can see, the multiplayer menu contains a list of all players currently on the server and the user group they're in. You can click on anyone's name, and it will open another window very similar to a guest window.

3. This is where the magic happens. In the dropdown menu shown above, you can change anyone's user group. In this example I am making RWE a regulator, because he will know who to give permissions and who not to. And I know that he won't abuse his powers. Fun fact: the player menus also contain the buttons for kicking (the trash can), shows you where that player has last clicked on the map, and some general statistics.

'regulators' are encouraged to verify that a newcomer is who he says who he is. Either by asking a personal question, having the newcomer send you a PM on NE, Facebook, Discord, or whatever works best for you.

Crediting
    Of course, it is good to know who built what. There are several ways to put your name on your work, such as on signs and in ride names. Possibly the best idea however is to hire an entertainer, give him your NE username, and mark your work using patrol areas. The enterainer could roam the park/your area, but can also be hidden away on a single tile of path in an obscure corner of the map. As long as we can track down your work using the staff menu.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo

may I have permissions?

• mintliqueur%s's Photo

To paraphrase V1's post from the Multiplayer park V thread: I'll probably build nothing but will be on the server to rename the park NE's Spaß Welt all the time. 

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

Currently we have: 
    - Cartagena (Colombia)
    - Tokyo (Japan)
    - Dubrovnik (Croatia)

I'm planning a potential area for Gyeongju (South Korea).  Here's what I have layed out so far.  

ALSibyQ.jpg

clockwise from top left:
    - Bulguksa Temple (entrance for coaster or dark ride)
    - Yangdong Folk Village (just shops and stuff)
    - Seokguram Grotto (entrance to indoor giant top spin ala Tomb Raider at PKI)

- Burial Mound / royal tombs and Cheomseongdae

- Wolji Pond (restaurant on waterside)

- Dabotap pagoda

Let me know if anyone's interested in building, not sure it'd be worth keeping the area if I'm the only one working on it.

• Cocoa%s's Photo

heres my current analysis on what needs to happen, and what isn't:

the landscaping needs to inform and supplement the different themed areas. for example, dubrovnik is located on the side of a hill, on an oddly shaped peninsula into the ocean. the actual city itself is also a weird hilly-valley thing. all of that greatly greatly affects the character of the city. when shaping the dubrovnik area, it needs to match this- it needs to have this hilly feature, shaped well with the water. it doesn't work without it, it becomes a completely different thing. it informs all of the archy and composure. I feel the same with the korean start, and some other bits (the entrance and japan are both shaping up well, I'd say. both are beautiful). how the theme interacts with the environment, while still leaving the park 'cohesive' is the most important thing to be thinking about.

I'd be happy to lay out some quick plans on the map for how I think dubrovnik should be shaped, if you'd let me radically change the plans. obviously you can decline, but I think it could help set up the area a lot and get the real inspiration flowing for it.

• pierrot%s's Photo

][, I think the red is a bit exaggerated, it's more towards washed red in daylight. amazing attempts otherwise.

• BelgianGuy%s's Photo

is this a movie park cuz I opened it up and didn't really get any references...

• bigshootergill%s's Photo

Is this a movie park cuz I opened it up and didn't really get any references...

The park up right now is No 6

No 5 was the movie park
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo

oh ok, is this released?

and what is the theme of the new one? might be looking to play some rct again

• Liampie%s's Photo
    All the creative guidelines we have are in the first post here.

We've got a couple of themes already: Cartagena, some Korean place, contemporary Tokyo, some people just started Morocco, and there's a start to Transylvania and a questionable Atlantis. There's room for new themes.
  • YoloSweggLord%s's Photo
    If you ask me, Atlantis needs to become Greece. Atlantis is a Greek myth, anyways, so it should work. I know Greek is overdone but if we steer clear of white-and-blue buildings we should be able to pull it off.
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo

Can I try alaska?

• G Force%s's Photo
    Why not. Should be unique enough.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    Yeah atlantis is weird now. Not a huge fan as it is
  • FredD%s's Photo

If you ask me, Atlantis needs to become Greece. Atlantis is a Greek myth, anyways, so it should work. I know Greek is overdone but if we steer clear of white-and-blue buildings we should be able to pull it off.

It's more than a Greek myth, Plato got the story from Egypt priests.  

• Turtle%s's Photo

I'm interested, someone please PM me to let me know how this works? Genuinely have no idea what's going on...

• BelgianGuy%s's Photo

I don't have permissions atm so if I could arrange to get thta sorted that'd be nice

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Join right now, I'm there to give you permissions.
  • G Force%s's Photo
    Where are we on the center lake? I think it will help the park progress as it at least gives it some. flow and direction. Though it does need to be refined a bit.

Honestly if we're struggling this much to progress maybe turning the park into more of an archipelago would be best, and allow more distinction between the areas.
  • Liampie%s's Photo

New plan that involves no bulldozering and no violated area borders and sight lines.

Attached Image: plan.png

Room for two more areas. Here's a world map that shows countries we've done in Mirage Islands and on this map so far. Might help to figure out the remaining two themes.

Attached Image: countries.png

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading