Contests / NEDC5 Announcement – Steve wins NEDC5

• posix%s's Photo

NEDC5 LogoLogo by RuyataxRCT

Today we're announcing the fifth rendition of New Element's "Design Challenge" contest. The NEDC format is about proving your theming skills. You are given a layout by one of the community's most respected coaster designers, and have to fulfil the objective to set it in scene as good as you can.

Palmares
    2011 - NEDC1 - 5dave with Archimedes - 85.77% - layout by RRP
    2013 - NEDC2 - Liampie with Winter is Coming - 72.69% - free layout
    2017 - NEDC3 - ][ntamin22 with Timmy's Muffin Mountain Adventure - 67.50% - "Dynamite Blaster" from the RCT1 scenario
    2017 - NEDC4 - alex with The Junkyard - 80.63% - layout by Louis!

------------------------------------------------------------

This time, the layout is coming from Robbie92.

NEDC5 Layout by Robbie92

TD6 Icon

TD4 DownloadTD6 Download   

SV6 Icon

SV6 Download

Contest Summary Links
    2019-12-04 Release Batch 1 posted

2019-12-06 Release Batch 2 posted

2019-12-09 Release Batch 3 posted

Rules and Submission Deadline
    The deadline is:

Sunday November 24th, 2019
    The deadline has now passed

1. Please submit your entry as a competitive design submission, including Robbie92 as a builder alongside you with a 10% share.
       a. Please add [NEDC5] at the beginning of your submission's name so that we can differentiate from normal submissions.
       b.

The timestamp of your submission will be reported by the database which will tell us whether you have met the deadline or not. Please be aware that there will be absolutely no exceptions given. It is your responsibility to submit on time and to allow for potential problems that may delay your submission.

2. Any modifications to the track, such as brake speed/arrangement, station format (dummy station, etc.), must be cleared by an admin. Since everyone is intended to work with the same layout, any changes that are not very minor are unlikely to be approved.
       a. Please send your question with both an .SV4/6 and screenshot.
       b.

Any changes not cleared by an admin will result in penalties or disqualification. If you have a concern, check with us before making any changes.

3. Coaster trains can be changed, but only to .dats that include all the sprites necessary for the elements of the layout. If you are worried about your train choice, again please check with an admin before submission.

Winner Selection and Release
    After the deadline, all submissions will be sent to non-participating panelists for scoring outside the system. Once a winner is determined, we will begin releasing entries from last to first place. Respective panelists are then asked to confirm their votes into the system as per usual. All entered votes will be admin reviewed. All entries are eligible to win the Design accolade, but only the highest scoring one will grant its creator the title of NEDC5 champion.

Sharing and Screenshots
    You are free to post screenshots of your entry, however we advise against it. Bear in mind that not showing any screens would, in theory, make a bigger impression on the panelists and effectively produce more wow-factor.

So sign up by posting below, good luck, and have fun!

Signed-up players
    Players who submitted an entry

01. Jaguar 08. KaiBueno 15. Jappy 25. Tolsimir
    02. Scoop 09. Merzbow666 16. WhosLeon 24. barnNID
    03. Recurious 10. mamarillas 17. Robbie92 23. alex
    04. In:Cities 11. zxbiohazardzx 18. Terry Inferno 22. Mattk48
    05. ][ntamin22 12. hoobaroo 19. CoasterCreator9  
    06. RWE 13. Jene 20. bigshootergill  
    07. ottersalad 14. FredD 21. Steve  

Withdrawn participation Version1

Revisions 2019-10-13 TD4 added thanks to merzbow666, to include Loopy Landscapes in the contest.
      2019-10-17 SV6 added thanks to G Force based on 'Xtreme97 Workbench 2018' for the convenience of a given bench.
      2019-12-05 Cleaned up topic to reflect current state, and added "Contest Summary Links"
  • Jaguar%s's Photo

Oh man this is going to be awesome... sign me up!

• Scoop%s's Photo

sign me up.

• Recurious%s's Photo

I'm in

• In:Cities%s's Photo
    Might as well.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo

Signing up!

• RWE%s's Photo
    I’m in!
  • ottersalad%s's Photo
    Welp, I’m in
  • KaiBueno%s's Photo

theming 2 suspends in a matter of months - sweet!

• Bubbsy41%s's Photo

Got excited. Then looked at my calendar, so I'll sit this one out (not like I'd finish anything anyway). Super pumped to see what people make, layout offers a lot room for some cool themeing

• Lilith%s's Photo
    playing LL
  • Cocoa%s's Photo

love the choice of coaster and the layout. lots of opportunities for really cool themeing and environments! part of the problem with the louis and rrp layouts was that they were so realistic they ended up somewhat needing to be on a big flat space. This one looks great.

I'm gonna pass though, I think. Not had much time or motivation for rct since MM- been enjoying regular life too much :p. Looking forward to the results though!

• mamarillas%s's Photo

please sign me up!

• zxbiohazardzx%s's Photo

Interested so sign me up. Looks like a nice flow to work with, worst case i have to withdraw so ill try this one out...

• Version1%s's Photo

I guess I'll sign up in the unlikely case I actually do get back into RCT before the deadline.

• hoobaroo%s's Photo

i'm in

• Jene%s's Photo

I´m in

• Liampie%s's Photo

Personally I was rooting for a more compact layout to be chosen for the next NEDC, but the sprawling nature of this layout is becoming more and more interesting to me. I'm not participating myself, but I'm really looking forward to seeing what you guys can do with it.

• FredD%s's Photo

That's a challenging lay-out which at the same time offers some great opportunities. I'm in!

• Jappy%s's Photo
    Both Cocoa and Liam are not participating? I actually stand a chance! Sign me up!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading